Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Harrypotteraholic
0 Kudos

Something on Harry

Well, on J.K.Rowlings officel site i read in one off her diary entrys something that said this''even if the biggest secret gets out... even if someone discovers that the giant squid is actually the worlds largest animagus, which rises from the lake at the eleventh hour, transforms into Godric Gryffindor and, well... i wouldn't like to spoil it'' Of course people understand i would have placed this at the appropiate bored but the new message button is disabeled so read it here. Do you think what Joanne said is true? Post a message here.
ps the writing in quotes is from jkrowling.com
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Re: Something on Harry

Harrypotteraholic wrote:
Well, on J.K.Rowlings officel site i read in one off her diary entrys something that said this''even if the biggest secret gets out... even if someone discovers that the giant squid is actually the worlds largest animagus, which rises from the lake at the eleventh hour, transforms into Godric Gryffindor and, well... i wouldn't like to spoil it'' Of course people understand i would have placed this at the appropiate bored but the new message button is disabeled so read it here. Do you think what Joanne said is true? Post a message here.
ps the writing in quotes is from jkrowling.com

That comment is already somewhere on the other board, Harrypotteraholic.

I don't think JKR's statement is anything more than what it appears to be -- her wonderful humor -- she's teasing her readers about some of the wild theories they have come up with..
Contributor
Harrypotteraholic
0 Kudos

SORRY psychee well i didn't know. I m knew so i don't no these things. AND any way it COULD happen
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Harrypotteraholic wrote:
SORRY psychee well i didn't know. I m knew so i don't no these things. AND any way it COULD happen

I don't know how it could, actually. Godric would be over 1000 years old by now if he were alive.
Frequent Contributor
jftapia88
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:

Harrypotteraholic wrote:

I don't know how it could, actually. Godric would be over 1000 years old by now if he were alive.

yeah unless he had a secret SS he wuold have died by now. flamel didnt even make it to 700 years old n he had one, we all know what happened to it. if there were others i dont think voldy would have tried to get the one that DD had so badly.
Julie
Contributor
Harrypotteraholic
0 Kudos

Well according to sources some squids have an ecseppsclly long life
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Harrypotteraholic wrote:
Well according to sources some squids have an ecseppsclly long life

Over 1000 years? I think that would be considered 10 times more than "exceptionally", don't you?
Frequent Contributor
Ladybuglver8115
0 Kudos

JKR was in no way implying that the Giant Squid is GG. She would never give something away outright like that not to mention that GG is dead. Nothing could keep him alive that long. She was simply trying to come up with a theory that no one would believe and that would get her point across
Frequent Contributor
kpeterson32
0 Kudos

Guess that didn't work too well, huh? Since some people do believe it.

Ladybuglver8115 wrote:
JKR was in no way implying that the Giant Squid is GG. She would never give something away outright like that not to mention that GG is dead. Nothing could keep him alive that long. She was simply trying to come up with a theory that no one would believe and that would get her point across

---------------------------------
"Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!" -- Luna Lovegood