Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
SushiLuver

The Seven Potters

Yeah, Dobby's burial was a pretty good moment too. Also, another moment I liked was when Harry and hermione went back in time and saved Sirius and buck beak. I understood harry's temptation to try and grab wormtail before he got away, and how he wanted to grab the cloak before snape got to it. so many things went wrong that night, but they needed to happen. i guess speeding up the process to bring voldemort back also speeded up killing him.

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher

Re: The Seven Potters

Hmmm, good point, Sushi. I don't think I've ever thought about that one. I've only thought about how much stronger Harry is in that he doesn't fear death the way Voldemort does, and how strong he is to face it. But that is an interesting point that by speeding up his reanimation, if you will, speeds up his death.

Contributor
SushiLuver
0 Kudos

Harry Potter Moments

Exactly what I was thinking. Voldemort was such a coward. he would kill people when they scared him rather than face them. When he killed someone, you could tell what they were doing/saying/or anything like that scared him. Like when the goblins told him that harry had snuck into the lestrange vault and stole a horcrux, he killed them. he had dumbledore killed...or he thought he did. he could never realize that killing someone doesnt nesessarily mean they are gone. like what dumbledore said (i cant remember the exact quote) about how if people are still loyal to him he will never truly leave.

Inspired Contributor
sobbydobby
0 Kudos

Hmmmm... Dobby's burial. I was pretty sad, but what made me crack was when Harry carved in his grave, "Here lies Dobby, a free house elf." I was silently sobbing into my hands for ten miniutes straight. 

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Me too.  Dobby had gone back into Malfoy Mannor, where he had been so mistreated, not only once, but twice. 

And he was the innocent of innocents.  To be so close to safety to be struck as the apparation took hold....

Contributor
Shop-Owner_26
0 Kudos

That was a good chapter. Especially Fred and George "we're identical!" lol

I think Hermione was brave to climb onto a broom, but there was absolutely no way she was going to let everyone else go get Harry without her. And Fluer's participating was a huge surprise but you guys are right. The Goblet chose her for a reason. 

New User
HPkid54
0 Kudos

Well I think that it was a real good Chapter but i am still wondering what happend to Mad eye

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

HPkid54 wrote:

Well I think that it was a real good Chapter but i am still wondering what happend to Mad eye

What are you wondering about, HPkid54?  Either Voldemort or one of the Death Eaters killed Moody while he was on a broom.  They then went for the body, took the eye, and seemingly did the same thing to the body as Crouch/Moody did to his dad's body in Goblet of Fire --  transfigured it into something that would not be noticed. - like dust. Then they gave the eye to Dolores Umbridge.

Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

I too must say that the seven Potters chapter was a great one. I think that will all the sad scenes in the book this chapter is kind of a comic relief. It is also a chapter where we see the unity of the order, I loved how they all came together and especially those that were disguised as Harry. The courage that they all showed was astonishing. Loved this chapter!

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:

What are you wondering about, HPkid54?  Either Voldemort or one of the Death Eaters killed Moody while he was on a broom.  They then went for the body, took the eye, and seemingly did the same thing to the body as Crouch/Moody did to his dad's body in Goblet of Fire --  transfigured it into something that would not be noticed. - like dust. Then they gave the eye to Dolores Umbridge.

Hmmmm, never really thought about it before, but just exactly how did DU get hold of M-EM's eye??? She wasn't a DE, but did she have  connections???  Seems unlikely, but I can't see a DE peddling it in Diagon or Knockturn Alley like MF did with the pendant. Hmmmm

Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

I think Dolores had a way to get what she wanted. Exactly how she got it not sure, but def from one of the death eaters.

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Contributor
Caleb_Anderson
0 Kudos

I would say that obviously, Hedwig was an accident. Mad-Eye was killed only because the toe-rag Dung freaked out and disapperated. Otherwise, Dung would be dead and Mad-Eye would keep groovin'. Dung wasn't the nicest, anyway.  I agree, Hermione is a true Griffendor. When Harry and Ron go to fight Malfoy in the 1st book, she come with, even though all of them could be packing their bags the next day.

Kreacherteacher wrote:

Spoilers below if you've not read Deathly Hallows...

I was having a Harry Potter discussion with SaDie (SobbyDobby), as we have every day since she finished the series, and she asked me what my favorite part is of the entire series. Now, if you know me, you know it probably depends on the day, but for the most part I love The Seven Potters - chapter 4 in DH.

Now I love this chapter for its humor and because it is still so early in the book, early enough that you have such a long way to go to enjoy the thrilling ride ahead of you. But I was thinking more deeply about why I love this chapter and I thought about the risk that every one of those characters took for Harry, especially the ones dressed like Harry. Who on earth would do such a thing? Pretend to be the dark lord's enemy and risk his attention on them? Wow! And then think about all the characters throughout the series that risked everything for Harry and many of them died.

The strange or ironic thing is that the two characters who died in that scene, Mad Eye and Hedwig, weren't even in disguise as Harry. I know you could argue that they didn't just do it for Harry, that there was a bigger picture in front of them, but they definitely did it for Harry in this chapter.

What do you think about how they placed themselves in peril in this particular chapter or anywhere throughout the books? Would you have done the same?

By the way, the HP discussions and games that SaDie and I've come up with have been so wonderful and fun!

Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

Include me in your games please ; ) I love HP games

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

Spoiler if you've not read DH 

I was hoping Moody lasted longer in the book. Hedwig and Moody would've been good companions at the time.

Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

I had hoped Hedwid wouldn't die. Why kill off all of Harry's family and Hedwig whom Harry was so  close to. That was a sad time in the book for me. 

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

yea it was really sad, esspeccially just imagining hedwig falling with the sidecart... wat i've been wondering is, was dolores umbridge uner the imperius curse or was she acting on her own accord during the seventh book????

don't look back, there is a reason why your past is the past. so if someone didn't make it into your future. that just means that you will find someone better.
Frequent Contributor
DannyDL

I think Umbridge is acting of her own accord. She seemed just as girlish and evil like in OotP.

Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

thats what i was thinking but i wasn't sure... thanks:smileyhappy:

don't look back, there is a reason why your past is the past. so if someone didn't make it into your future. that just means that you will find someone better.