Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Auzy41592
0 Kudos

Theories for HP7

Okay I want to know all your theories for Harry Potter 7. I have a few myself.

Okay, I think that Harry might be one of the last horcruxes. Because the proficy they said not one can live while the other survive. I also think that R.A.B is Regulus Black. And that Sirius is still alive. Because no one knows where things go when they go behind the curtain.
~Alaska Girls Kick Butt~
New User
sarafergie
0 Kudos

Re: Theories for HP7

I agree that Harry is the last horcrux. I also believe that Snape was acting on Dumbledore's orders when he killed him. I don't know if Sirius will be back but I do think the "curtain" will be further explained.
Frequent Contributor
Erind
0 Kudos

I agree that Snape was acting on DD's orders when he killed him but I refuse to believe that harry is a horcrux. There is just no way that Voldemort accidentally turned him into one, he messed up and the spell reflected and while it forged a connection between them, it would be ridiculous if it turned him into a Horcrux. I mean, do you think that Voldemort is a horcrux for Harry too?
New User
CGW4784
0 Kudos

I do not believe that Harry is a Horcrux. Dumbledore himself even addressed the question and said that it is not possible that Harry is a horcrux, since Voldemort would have had to do that spell after he tried to kill Harry ( which we all know that he couldn't because he no longer had a body). Dumbledore even suggested that maybe after he (Voldemort) regained his body he made Nagini his last horcrux, after he killed someone (maybe Bertha). Harry also has a lot of research to do since he has to find the locket, the cup, the snake, and maybe something of Ravenclaw's. Also, I do believe that Snape was working under Dumbledore, even when he killed him. Dumbledore did not want Snape to break his unbreakable vow, so he probably said that if it came down to it, kill DD instead. I also think that harry will survive. In an interview along time ago, read on mugglenet, they had questioned JK Rowling and she said that you would get to see Harry and Hermine post-Voldemort. So maybe that means that they will survive and Ron won't?
amv
New User
amv
0 Kudos

If Harry was the last Horcrux, why would Lord Voldemort be trying so hard to kill him? That doesn't make any sense at all.
New User
Aeron1
0 Kudos

OK, so my housemate and I have spent far more time than I would ever have imagined debating what we believe to be the most likly predictions about the upcoming hArry Potter. So here they are:

1-Dumbledore is dead- it was not staged, or faked. He really died. We do however believe Harry is going to get to see/interact with him still.....via the Pennsive,
we are fairly certain that Dumbledore will have left a version of himself there that harry will be able to interact with (up to a point) and that is how he is going to find out a few vital points of information in the upcoming book. I am suspecting that point to be the naming of what Dumbledore suspects to be the Ravenclaw hoarcrux since there has been no discussion in the books whatso ever about that item and what it might be and where it might reside.

2-Snape is innocent...not necessarily likeable, but innocent. The reason we believe this to be true is "the unbreakable oath" Rowling would not have introduced it in the last one if it were not going to prove an important plot tool I am convinced, and the only way that Dumbledore could have unshaking implicit trust in Snape is if he had made him tak an unbreakable oath. One of the lessons Harry is going to have to learn the hard way is that however much he may not like Severus does not necessarily make him evil.

3-Potential deaths in this novel: I am betting on one if not two of the weasly clan biting the big one. Either Mr or Mrs weasly may die, which would really be hitting Harry hard since they are his pseudo-surrogate parents now, but the one i am pretty sure of is Percy. My guess is that he goes out in a blaze of glory trying to attone for his previous bad acts in support of an erroneous ministry of magic. Neville may also be killed, but if so its going to be in the process of giving Belatrix Lestrange her comeuppance

4-The Gryffindore Hoarcrux could be Harry, but I am more and more thinking it is the Sorting hat. Harry is assuming that its the Sword that he used on the Basalisk, but they also made a point of mentioning that the Sorting hat belonged to Godrick Gryffindore.....and not only that its been trying desperately in its opening speeches to convey information to tha masses that they are just not getting.....so my money is on the sorting hat. The hat also is a better idea because it would be better protected since not only is it an artifact of Godrick Gryffindore's but it is also a part of Hogwarts tradition now, so destroying or damaging it would also risk altering Hogwarts tradition forever.

5-There is somethign bad in the Potter Family History that everyone has been keeping from Harry. At first it bothered me that HArry was never introduced to any of his Potter relations.....Grandparents, cousins, aunts uncles etc, not to mention it always mystified me that a boy so hell bent on discovering his heritage and past studiously ignored asking questions about his Potter connections and just blithly accepted that the Dursleys were all he had left. But more importantly, NO ONE has even made hte slightest mention of his potter family relations and their accomplishments, proclivities, foibles or flaws but they raphsodize Lily and James....Sirius once mentions that he went to the Potter house on holidays to escape his own home....but Harry doesn't follow up with any questions abotu what his Grandparents were like or if there might be any extended family he could come into contact with. AND NO ONE OFFERS THE INFOR EITHER which makes me think there is a reason WHY they are not talking about his Potter antecedents. Harry is going to have to learn that alot of his preconcieved notions of who is who and what they are about are not based on reality in this coming book...I believe.

I need coffee now...its early here and I have had no caffine.

I welcome any comments or further ideas.

Joel
New User
Samairi
0 Kudos

I think that either Harry and Voldemort will kill each other because they're equal in power, or someone will magically come to help Harry in the nick of time. I'm guessing that Sirius isn't totally gone; he disappeared way to suddenly. It wasn't complete. Either that or DD's ghost will do something somehow. I dunno.
Someone suggested that Neville will sacrifice himself to either save Harry or kill Voldemort or something. Like, in a final burst of courage he'll give all of his power/energy to Harry to fuel a spell or something. I guess we'll just have to find out!!!!
Frequent Contributor
amm1
0 Kudos

You may be interested in taking part in our contest. There are five threads where you can answer questions and then state your own theories. These threads are on the first two pages at this time.

Part 1 of 5. OUR VERY OWN DEATHLY HALLOWS DIVINATION "CONTEST" Intro & Sec's I and II

Part 2 of 5. OUR VERY OWN DEATHLY HALLOWS DIVINATION "CONTEST" Sec's III & IV

Part 3 of 5. OUR VERY OWN DEATHLY HALLOWS DIVINATION "CONTEST" Sec's V - VII

Part 4 of 5. OUR VERY OWN DEATHLY HALLOWS DIVINATION "CONTEST" Sec's VIII - XII

Part 5 of 5. OUR VERY OWN DEATHLY HALLOWS DIVINATION "CONTEST" Section XIII
New User
princessjinx13
0 Kudos

I am almost completely positive that Harry is a Horcrux. Remember, when Dumbledore is telling Harry about the Horcruxes, he emphasizes a high degree of connection between the Horcruxes and Voldemort--ex. Nagini and V because they share the same soul. Harry has this connection with his scar. He feels and sees the same as V does (cause they share a little of the same soul, somehow), until V starts using Occlumency against him. I can't think of how else Harry would have this connection.
Also, remember that at first V was not going to kill Lily. He only did so when she gave her life to protect Harry. Maybe it was this extra death that made Harry into a Horcrux with the AK curse or something. He is somehow still protected from V though because of his mother's death. Also JKR said it will be very important that "Harry has his mother's eyes." I think this has something to do with it . . .
However, Voldemort DOES NOT KNOW that Harry is a Horcrux. He did not mean to make him one. He meant to make his last one at Godric's Hollow when he killed Lily and James, and somehow he did as he was killed himself.
The part that convinced me though, was in Chamber of Secrets when Dumbledore and Harry are talking about Harry's curse scar and how Harry feels what V feels.
Harry says, "You mean Voldemort put a little bit of himself into me?!"
and Dumbledore replies, "Yes, Harry, I believe he did. Not something he meant to do, I'm sure." (those are almost the exact words, but not quite because I'm quoting it from memory)
D thinks Harry is a Horcrux also, but, I believe, did not want to tell Harry because he would be absolutely horrified. Somehow, Harry will have to kill the part of Voldemort's soul that is within his body. That will be difficult.
Besides, JKR keeps emphasizing Harry's inward connection w/ Voldemort. They have the same wand, Harry almost went to Slytherin, etc. I'm sure there are lots more that I'm too lazy to look up. It's Harry's personal characteristics and morsl strength that is different, though, which makes me think there's just a little part of V's soul in Harry that is separate from his.
Ok, so I'm not sure how well I verbalized this . . . but like I said before I am almost completely positive that Harry is a Horcrux, but Voldemort doesn't know.

I still hate Snape. I'm having a hard time believing that's he's good, but it does kinda look like it. In the other theory about how Mcgonagall is a Death Eater, I'm pretty sure that's wrong. The 3rd Death Eater that V mentioned in Goblet of Fire, his most loyal one who brought Harry to Voldemort . . . that is Barty Crouch Jr. The other 2 that aren't there are Snape and Karkaroff. There are no others.
New User
ShadoDragon
0 Kudos

I think wormtail is going to save Harry. He does have a life debt to pay
New User
xradicalxmorganx
0 Kudos

I think that Harry is definitely a horcrux. It is quite a good possibility. Because when Voldemort attempted to kill Harry, he lost a part of himself. think about it.
New User
xradicalxmorganx
0 Kudos

Could Ginny possibly be a horcrux? Because, V had her alone for a long time in the second book (HP and the COS.) Also, Ginny put alot of herself in V in the journal, and V put himself in her.
New User
harry_rox
0 Kudos

no it is definitely impossible that Harrt is a horcrux. and the subject of Harry's other heritage has sparked my interest too....what about the rest of his family that has not been mentioned? Except in the first book with that mirror, in which he sees all of his family, but that subject is not pursued.
Contributor
rstenquist
0 Kudos

1. I don't think Harry himself could be a Horcrux. That would mean he would have to destroy himself before he could get to Voldemort. Somehow, though, some part of him could be. Don't ask me how that works. Maybe Voldemort was right about the splitting of the sould seven times being significant, but perhaps it had the opposite effect of what he wanted. Perhaps Voldemort split his soul for the seventh time at Godric's Hollow, and that seventh split is what caused his defeat.
2. Dumbledore is dead. He couldn't be alive still. However, Harry can still meet his brother, who works at the Hog's Head. I also don't see why Harry couldn't still have lessons and discussions with Dumbledore's painting in the Headmaster's office. It seems like all of the paintings of the Headmasters maintain their personality and knowledge. Dumbledore is not completely lost.
3. Snape isn't all bad. One of the last things he yells at Harry as he's running away is to "keep your mind closed" or something like that. Snape was still trying to teach Harry. Why would he be teaching Harry if he wanted to destroy him? I think Snape will die, though. He should die in order to save Harry or kill Voldemort.
4. Harry obviously can't kill Voldemort by using one of the Unforgiveable Curses. All his attempts at using them have failed, and even Snape told him he couldn't use him (Snape's still teaching). So, Harry has to find another way of 'vanquishing' the Dark Lord. Perhaps . . . . . it'll be through the curtain? Who knows. I've heard a theory that perhaps Voldemort would be kissed by a dementor. That would work too. I can't wait to find out how he's vanquished!
Frequent Contributor
adribetty394
0 Kudos

Ok my mind races when I start thinking about this but bare with me.

1. I think Harry is a horcrux, I'm not sure however that he's gonna die. he might , but I think it's much more likely that he has to do something to get rid of his scar.

2.Snape was sooooo obviously under Dumbledore's orders. It's pretty obviouse because Dumbledore said , "Severus... please..." If you were beging for your life you would articulate more, even if you were weak He was refering to a conversation they previously had, I'm sure of it.

3.OK , I love Draco, there's nothing I can do about it. So here are my theories about him. He already confesed he was only doing it for his family so the thing is that Lucious and Narcissa will be killed by Voldemort. So then in the middle of the battle Draco will take the Avada Kedavra for Harry giving Harry time to Hit Voldemort without their wands connecting. He will go down like a hero.
(I think if he was really evil JK wouldn't have allowed someone like Tom Felton to be cast in that part. She must have known people will take a liking to him.

3. Ginny's love will save Harry. No doubt. Love is his greatest weapon...duh.

4. And finally , Ron and Hermione WILL get together. You should check JK's website for a hint about their future children.

but you know... anything could happen :smileywink:
~*~it's the unknow we fear when we look upon death and darkness~*~
Contributor
kimmiller1017
0 Kudos

*I think Hermoine and Ron will end up together (maybe even actually share a kiss). Although, I would like to see them both do something major heroic in Book 7, Neville too, I mean it is their last chance.
*Speaking of Neville I would really like to see him kill Bellatrix in the final book. It would only be right.
* My prediction as one of the people that die, is Professor Snape, although there are little clues here and there in regards to his allegiance for good or bad. I think it will only finally be revealed in his death.
* Yeah, I think Harry is a Horcrux he might not realize it until his face off with Voldermort,thats going to be tricky
* Aunt Petunia is finally going to prove her worth, and give Harry some information he can actually use.
* Draco Malfoy is going to seek out Harry for help

In a perfect world the book ends with Harry becoming the new headmaster at Hogwarts and his friends teachers. But, I don't think its going to end that way.
If it does end with Harry's death there is no way I am going to buy all the books in the series. Stephen King killed off his main character in a series after making his readers wait for 7 years for the final book. I haven't picked up one of his books since. I guess there authors think its some kind of "poetic justice" killing of the main character, I think its just plain ludicrous ! How can you own a book series when you know the main character is going to die in the end?!
New User
RosesnCherries
0 Kudos

Okay, so I read this and highly agree with several things you have to say. I am re-reading the books as we speak and have come across the part in OotP where Sirius talks about spending summers at the Potters...and how that was like a second home to him. This was the first time it came to me that we knew nothing of Harry's grandparents. Therefore, I think there may be some info in #7 that clears it up but on the flip-side there may not be. It could just be taking that part of the story way to far and may be irrelevant.

As far as Dumbledore's death... if he really is dead. There are the paintings of all the past headmasters in the headmasters office at Hogwarts that interact with the current headmaster. SO, if Harry could somehow get into the headmasters office he could communicate with Dumbledore through the paintings. The pennsive is a good guess also.
New User
mrspeacock07
0 Kudos

I definitely agree that HArry is the last horcrux. That is what is leading me to believe that Harry is going to die in this book. Not because he was killed but because he is going to willingly give himself up. And for some reason, I don't think Sirius is dead either. That just did not sit well with me.
Frequent Contributor
Stacy21
0 Kudos

I don't think that there's a ton of significance to JK not launching into a detailed explanation of the rest of Harry's family. (I'm pretty sure) I remember reading an interview, I think the Leaky/Mugglenet one from right around the time HBP came out, where she said that she didn't need to explain James's family was simply because it didn't matter. I love the idea of their being more behind the Potters, if only she hadn't eliminated it as a possibility!
Jas
Contributor
Jas
0 Kudos

xradicalxmorganx wrote:
I think that Harry is definitely a horcrux. It is quite a good possibility. Because when Voldemort attempted to kill Harry, he lost a part of himself. think about it.

I agree this has to be true because Dumbeldore TOLD Harry that Voldemort had given a peice of himself to Harry. That is how he "marked him as equal" and gave hime the ability to speak Parseltongue, ect. Harry was also informed by Dumbledore that Voldemort had intended to create the final Horcrux from Harry's murder. So what likely happened is that the spell went wrong because harry couldn't be killed he became the Horcrux.