Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Re: Tiny questions that don't matter but I'm asking anyway

I have another question that don’t matter—we it does, a bit!
Who do you think took out voldemort’s corpse?
Or what did they even do to it?
Fed it to grawp or something?
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Frequent Contributor
LovelyLuna

Maybe it would have been cliche, but since his body was created by magic and the maker of that particular bit of magic was dead, it would make sense to me if it just turned to dust.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a Gift, that's why they call it "The Present."
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

good one luna! I forgot it was made out of magic! I’m just confused since they mentioned voldemort’s corpse set aside at the great hall along with the others? Something like that… thanks girl!
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

maybe they buried it by the orphanage.
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Do you think they would still do that after all voldemort has done?
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

I like Lovely Luna's idea (the body turns to dust) but if that had been true, I think it would have happened at the point where he died.

I imagine they would bury the body where they buried his old body... and we have no idea where that is.

I don't think the orphanage idea will work because the orphanage was in the city and was demolished. I doubt that modern London allows new burials within the city limits as New York hasn't allowed them for over a hundred years.

Who would be responsible for the body?
Frequent Contributor
blinkgirl89
0 Kudos

I don't know maybe they should just give voldemort's body to the giant squid and be done with it.
LAKERS 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"PIGFARTS, IS ON MARS"
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

blinkgirl89 wrote:
I don't know maybe they should just give voldemort's body to the giant squid and be done with it.

That might kill the poor Giant Squid! :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

I think I'd have Harry take the body back to the cave and stick it in the water with the inferi.

Speaking of inferi, Snape says in HBP that inferi are bodies which have been animated by a dark wizards spell. Now that Voldemort is dead, will the spell on the inferi in the cave be lifted?

mrsronaldweasley wrote:

Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Whatever. Psyche, voldemort had no ‘old body ‘ that was buried because when he was sapped from all his powers the night he killed james and lilly –he just disappeared and became vapor remember?
I would sure love it if they made him grawp’s dinner. Or gave him to the centaurs for torturing.. ah… hatred for voldemort is so powerful right now…
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

mrsronaldweasley wrote:
Whatever. Psyche, voldemort had no ‘old body ‘ that was buried because when he was sapped from all his powers the night he killed james and lilly –he just disappeared and became vapor remember?
I would sure love it if they made him grawp’s dinner. Or gave him to the centaurs for torturing.. ah… hatred for voldemort is so powerful right now…

No no no no no.... Voldemort's BODY DIED but his soul became Vapormort, unable to cross over because the Horcruxes tied his remaining soul to Life. There was definitely a dead body that was left behind... and no one knows where it got buried...
Frequent Contributor
potionsmistress
0 Kudos

Yeah, even Voldy said he was ripped from his body. Meaning there was a dead body but he could not return to it.
I love playing with my chemistry set, so there
"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

There was???? I seriously need to reread it! I thought I got you there psyche!!! But I was mistaken! !!!
Frequent Contributor
LovelyLuna
0 Kudos

Are you all referring to after Voldy dies at Hogwarts? Are you getting your info from interviews Jo has done??? I would just love to know a source, not being difficult, I really would love to know.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a Gift, that's why they call it "The Present."
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Oh no.. this is what we were talking about:
I asked what happened to voldemort’s corpse … it was mentioned it was set aside along with the other dead bodies….agnijay said they may have buried it in the orphanage, I said, ‘really?” and then psyche said, no way there’s a building on it now and full of muggles, of course psycheeee is always right, and then she said b maybe they buried it with voldemorts original body which is only a possibility since it was mentioned in the book where they took voldy’s body …so no we are not referring to any interview it’s just a debate about ze very ugly corpse and where we think it is buried…. =)
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Two other good things to do with Voldemorts body: (oops, a colon!)
-take a leaf from aunt Elladora's book, cut of Voldy's head and mount it on the walls of Hogwarts-that might be a little OTT, however.
-take it back to Little Hangleton and bury him with his "filthy muggle father"...wouldn't that just rot Voldemorts socks :smileyhappy:

mrsronaldweasley wrote:

Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Hey! What about my inferi question! When Voldemort died, was his spell on the inferi...dispelled...sorry, couldn't resist.

Mollywobbles wrote:
I think I'd have Harry take the body back to the cave and stick it in the water with the inferi.

Speaking of inferi, Snape says in HBP that inferi are bodies which have been animated by a dark wizards spell. Now that Voldemort is dead, will the spell on the inferi in the cave be lifted?
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Mollywobbles wrote:
Hey! What about my inferi question! When Voldemort died, was his spell on the inferi...dispelled...sorry, couldn't resist.

Mollywobbles wrote:

I would guess that the Inferi would lose their animation, Mollywobbles, based upon the fact that the spell on Harry ceased when Dumbledore died and all the Imperiused people came back to their old selves automatically at the end of the book when Voldemort and Bellatrix (and other DE's) were dead. Those two examples give the impression that once the spell caster is dead the spells they cast when they were alive stop operating.

On the other hand, we also have examples where that was not the case... those Permanent Sticking Charms should have ended at Grimmauld Place with the death of Mrs. Black but they didn't.
Contributor
HeatherluvsherBooks
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:

Mollywobbles wrote:

Mollywobbles wrote:

I would guess that the Inferi would lose their animation, Mollywobbles, based upon the fact that the spell on Harry ceased when Dumbledore died and all the Imperiused people came back to their old selves automatically at the end of the book when Voldemort and Bellatrix (and other DE's) were dead. Those two examples give the impression that once the spell caster is dead the spells they cast when they were alive stop operating.

On the other hand, we also have examples where that was not the case... those Permanent Sticking Charms should have ended at Grimmauld Place with the death of Mrs. Black but they didn't.

i think that the spell on the inferi was lifted in a way...they would still of course be in that cave but i dont think they would be able to move about and protect the would-be horcrux now that every single peice of voldemorts existence is detroyed including the peice inside harry...btw i love how you said dispelled! haha
♥Heather♥
Frequent Contributor
Auror_in_Training
0 Kudos

mrsronaldweasley wrote:
Ok I’ll take she may be sexually harassed! I just can’t let it go can I?
Ill try to make a list for scenes when we saw hagrid cry, mom!

1. he cried when norbert was about to be given away to Charlie weasley, and when he was hatched!
2. when buckbeak is to be executed
3. when HRO told him he’s the best teacher for COMC (care of mgical creatures)
4. when Dumbledore died
5. when harry “died”
6. when he was telling harry about his family
what else?

I love the scenes when hagrid let’s something slip and he says, ‘I shouldn’t have said that’ :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileytongue::smileysurprised:

I wonder what happened to grawp? Maybe he’s now allowed as gamekeeper and live with hagrid! Oh no!
**grawpp pulling out pinetrees for Christmas!

When the spider died
when mad-eye died - fallen warrior