Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

Twitter and Harry Potter

[ Edited ]

Have you checked out Twitter lately? There are many tweeters there related to HP.

Emma Watson is now there - with the name EmWatson. Others include: TomFelton, OliverPhelps, James_Phelps, SnitchSeeker, WarwickADavis, HarryPotterFilm. There are probably more than this, but I wanted to share.

If you know of more, please share. By the way, Tom Felton has some videos on YouTube where he sings. He really is very talented. I love his voice.

I looked for Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint, but I can't tell if their pages are real.

KT

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Re: Twitter and Harry Potter

I watched one of Tom Felton's singing Youtube videos.  I kept waiting for him to break into a rendition of "I'm Her-er-y the 8th, I am".  :smileyhappy:   He has a pleasant voice and an easy style.

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

Hah! That's funny! He does have the accent when he sings. That's odd, isn't it? Some British stars have the accent and some don't.

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

That was supposed to read "Hen-er-y"!

It isn't so much that he has an accent as it is the kind of accent.  His seems to be very similar to those singers who were part of the "British Invasion" in the 60's, doesn't it?

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

Yep, there's another band that I am fond of currently. They're called The Kooks. Lovely, poppish tunes, and the lead singer has the same kind of sound, I think. They're not very well known over here, but their song, Shine On, was featured on a car commercial.

Contributor
mbega5
0 Kudos

Neither Dan or Rupert have twitter accounts. There is also the actor who plays the young Grindelwald in Deathly Hallows. His name is Jamie Campbell Bower. But all the others that are listed are the only ones that have twitter accounts.

Regarding Tom Felton's music, it is available on iTunes. There are a variety of songs, a couple that just got released. It is under Tom Felton. Also, check out the website feltbeats.com, it is dedicated solely to his music and his career in general. It lets you know about upcoming movies and such that he is working on. You can also check out sixstringproductions.com which is the label he is with at the moment. 

I love his music as well, the songs are great and written by him, which I really like. It is a very acoustic sound. 

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

Great info, mbega! Thanks! I keep meaning to download from ITunes. Will have to add to my wish list. I've really enjoyed what I've heard.

I am really liking Twitter so far, but I don't see myself posting very much, if at all. It feels more like a celebrity or industry-driven machine to me. I enjoy the info I get though.

Contributor
MrsRonaldWeasley22
0 Kudos

Hick! I'm back! MrsRW here, my children! I got a Twitter account, I like Twitter. No, actually, I love Twitter. Before when I was a new user, I didn't get what the purpose of it was or whatever. But now, I'm more active in twitter than in Facebook. Tweeting for me is like updating the world, and releasing and sharing thought that comes into my head. The other day I just tweeted all day about my new Year's resolutions. Sometimes I just Tweet about practically everything. I share quotes, and ideas. If you want some really funny tweets look for Lordvoldemort7 . he is SOOOO funny.
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

What is your twitter user id to look for you? my twitter id is Dayren Medina

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

Rupertgrintnet has an account too. I follow them and mugglenet on twitter 

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

sorry I forgot ChrisRankin AKA Percy, he is on twitter too

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

if any of you guys have a facebook or twitter account, I would love to follow you. My id for both accounts is dayrenm

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Facebook yes. Um PM  me and I'll tell you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

As far as I can tell, Rupert Grint is not on Twitter. Rupertgrintnet is a fansite. Rupert is not actually on there himself. Usually Twitter notes on the celebrity's page that they have been verified.