Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
amandab52

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

Thanks Jules934, I do plan on going back and re-reading them from the beginning. I might even wait till pottermore is up and running so I can get all the ebooks!

New User
lunabellablackpotter

Hey everybody! I'm LunaBella BlackPotter (I had no room for any other characters:smileyhappy:) I absolutely LOVE Harry Potter! I just finished all the books and I'm planning to see the last movie soon cus I have seen all the others. Book 3 is my fave book and movie cus of Sirius. Movie 7-1 has the greatest music. My fave characters are:

Harry

Hermione

Ron

Sirius

Bellatrix

Luna

Albus

Severus

Rubeus

Ginny

Fred

George

Fluer

...and well there's a lot more but you get the picture :smileywink:

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Welcome! another potter fan will be better so thank you for joining the board, we can redisscuss things with new users!:smileyhappy:

New User
Chazberry
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I read all the Harry Books over a period of years but not as they were released. I just recently went to go see Deathly Hallows part 2 with a friend of mine and for some reason I had such an urge to re-read the entire series all over again this time not taking years to do so. This is pretty big for me as I have never re-read a book in my entire life. Currently towards the end of Goblet of Fire. It's nice to notice some of the smaller details I may have missed the first time around.

Reader
SassyJo11
0 Kudos

Hello all! I was excited to find that Barnes and Noble offered book clubs and even more excited to find on devoted to Harry Potter. I am a HUGE fan of the series as many are and have read the books multiple times. I started reading the series shortly after the fourth book was released and Harry Potter quickly became something of a security blanket for me. I continue to find my self picking up my tattered over read copies anytime I am looking for a little comfort. I look forward to getting to know everyone and to discussing the series from a literary perspective.

New User
JaneXDoe15
0 Kudos

Harry Potter #1 Fan. No to be honest this is the best book series ever. if you want to know more about me look me up at my page! Looking forward to our discussions :smileyhappy:

New User
akemilovely
0 Kudos

Hi everyone (: 

I'm new to the whole bn profile system. 

I'm still currently reading the harry potter series so I dont know everything yet :smileyvery-happy:

New User
Bolla
0 Kudos

Hallo Everyone!!!

I am new in Rhode Island and seeing as I love Harry Potter would love to meet other fans and discuss the awesome books... I am from South Africa so if my English is not so fresh its because its new...

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!!!

Correspondent
Reader1793
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I am probably the biggest Potterhead/ Potter nerd out there. I read the last book in a day. No kidding. Some of my mates like HP too, but I have beat out even the most obsessed during our recent trivia match. Looking forward to our lovely discussions on this site! DFTBA (Don't forget to be awesome)
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. - EAP
Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Well then, give 20 Questions a go, why don'tcha?

New User
weasleylover06

Well, here is your answer. I AM OBSESSED WITH THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS. I have read every single one of them multiple times! The school librarian knows me by name, I've checked them out so many times. I've seen all the movies except the Deathly Hallows(1 and 2) and I'm hoping to see them sometime soon. I havn't been following Harry Potter from the beginning, because I was much to young to read them when they first came out. I started reading the books in the summer of 2011, I believe in June. My mom has been trying to make me read them for FOREVER, and--don't judge me--I said they were lame. But now I absolutely adore Harry Potter, and my mom is constantly going, "I told you so!"

"One person can't feel all that at once, they'd explode."
"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have."--Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger
HPOTP
New User
bookgurl5000
0 Kudos

Hi! I love Harry Potter because I just love the genre of fantasy. I don't exactly know when I started but I keep starting it over. I am on book to (for the third time) and love the series. The farthest I got was probably about 1/4 the way through number four and everybody says it was the best. I have seen numbers 1-4. :smileyhappy:

Reader 2
Skilletfan

I love Harry Potter like crazy! I've been reading it ever since I was in third grade. I started off with Prisoner of Azkaban because the library was out of the first too, and I couldn't wait. I love all the magic in Harry Potter. It takes me to a different world and shows I can do anything(well, not anything, but a lot). I've seen all the films. My favorite character is Luna. I love that she's weird. I'd hate to be the same as everyone else. That'd be boring. Then it's Fred(R.I.P.). I was so sad when he died...  My third favorite character would have o be... Hermione. We have a lot in common. K I think I'm done... Bye!

New User
hermione_15
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am hermione_15. My friends told me about Harry Potter and I started reading the books. I am in the 4th book, but I have seen all the movies. I love the books so far!!

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Welcome Hermione_15.  I know you'll love the books -- there is so much more to them than the movies.

New User
Brazensers

Hullo. I'm Brazensers, and yes, I have read all the HP books.

. . . 

I'm new! I write fanfiction about Harry Potter, and own Harry Potter Scene It! I also own all the books and plan to get them on NOOK when they finally come out in e-book form. My favorite Harry Potter posessions are my huge Harry Potter making-of-the-movie book and my Harry Potter wand. I'm so happy to be here. :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
Reader1793
0 Kudos

I have the same book. And a HP wand too. :smileyhappy: *post 101!!!*
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. - EAP
New User
AAFarnsworth
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone!!!

I am AAFarnsworth

And I am a total Harry potter lover!

I know all the books by heart!

I hope to be on a lot so i can post!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!

I have read all the books and seen all the movies!

I do love The Harry Potter series, but I love the character S---E.

New User
Anon-E-Mouse
0 Kudos

As belated as I am to the party, hi, I'm a big HP fan and have begun re-reading it recently because I discovered Mark Reads, and that made me fall in love with the series all over again. I bought the first volume when I was 10 - was SO disappointed when my letter to Hogwarts didn't arrive! - and have followed it from beginning to end, including a nember of midnight releases.

I'm a fan of a number of other series, like

Lord of the Rings

The Merchant Princes

Godspeaker trilogy

and even have a weak spot for the first few volumes of the Southern Vampire Mysteries (it's gotten too convoluted and silly with the recent volumes, but the first few are a guilty pleasure).

Looking forward to a few of these threads, as old and dead as they are!