New User
allacynra
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello Everyone! I'm 14, and I love the Harry Potter books. I've seen all the movies in theater except for the 5th, so I guess I became interested right before the 1st movie came out. I have read the whole series multiple times (mostly 4, 5, 6, and 7, though), and the 7th book is my favorite.

Contributor
guitargirlHL
0 Kudos

Hello

My name is Hannah. I started to read Harry Potter at about 2nd grade and finished in 4th grade. I loved the whole idea of a little boy who didn't know anything about magic to become the most powerful wizard in history. I loved every sentence. My favorite character was Hermionie. I went to see all the movies and can't wait to see the last one. :smileyhappy:

New User
Krissy99
0 Kudos

Greetings All!

My name is Krissy! I've been reading Harry Potter since 2002. I actually saw the Sorcerer's Stone before I began reading the books. I was an education major and for an assignment, I had to read Prisoner of Azkaban (sp) and create a unit on it. I have seen all of the films and can't wait for part 2 of film 7 to come out. I'm interested in how Harry develops a social life because he didn't have one when he lived with his aunt and uncle. I like seeing how he's evolved into a great wizard. I don't have a favorite character, but I do like how Harry, Hermoine, and Ron work together.

New User
phoenixfiend
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm Lauren and I'm about as nerdy as they come when it comes to Harry Potter. Ive own every movie (except the current Deathly Hallows Part 1 of course), have read each book multiple times... I also took a class at North Georgia University in the summer of 2007 on Harry Potter. I was placed in the Animagus group where we compared the British and American versions of the books and the book to the films. I was sorted into Ravenclaw (my house won second in Quidditch- yes, we played- and first for the House cup. As a prize, I won a hand-crafted wand, holly with a phoenix feather core. You guessed it, Harry's wand). I also went to London with the class for a Harry Potter tour and my beloved has hesitantly agreed to the possiblity of getting married at the Hogwarts in Harry Potter's Wizarding World in Orlando and having the Unbreakable Vow performed :womanvery-happy: I'm excited to see what everyone else here has to say about the series and anxious to participate as well!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us- Gandalf the Grey
New User
katiemarie91
0 Kudos

Hello,

How is every one, I'm great.

I love reading the Harry Potter books and watching all the movies. I'm reading number 6 now, I should finish it soon, 

Thanks a bunch,

-katie

New User
lizzclements
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm a big fan of the Harry Potter books, and sometimes the movies :smileyvery-happy: If I were to pick favorites, my favorite book would be Chamber of Secrets with Deathly Hallows P1 for movie. I also love Tales of Beedle the Bard.

Has anyone here ever been to an HP symposium? I've been to... 3? I think that's it. Lemme know if you have!

New User
Jessy_Martin
0 Kudos

Hey!! I'm new here, and have been a Harry Potter fan since I was a little girl. Well, actually thanks to those books, my family calls me today a "book eater" since I pretty much read anything I can get my hands on. It's great when books like that change people lives, making them read more and become more interested in literature. Love the series and the movies!!:smileywink:

ConnieAnnKirk wrote:

Welcome to the Harry Potter Book Club!

We are a long-standing book club here on Barnes & Noble.com.  We are the most popular club, with the most posted messages, and most views, of any other book club on the site.  The most recent version of the club, which you see here, began in December of 2006 to discuss the series as a whole up to that point.  We eagerly anticipated and celebrated the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 2007 and have been going strong ever since.  The club follows new book and DVD releases, as well as news about the Potterverse, including information about the author, Harry Potter film adaptations, the planned theme park, and other projects.

New members are always welcome and encouraged to participate!  New readers discover the Harry Potter books every day.  You should know that if you are plannning to read the threads here and have not finished all 7 books in the series that there are many "spoilers" (information about the plot) everywhere on these boards. 

If you are new to the club, please take a moment to introduce yourself in this thread.  What is your interest in Harry Potter?  When did you first start reading the books?  Have you seen the films?  Let us know!

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Harry Potter Book Club and come back to visit with us many times. 

EnJOY!

~ConnieK, Moderator

Harry Potter Book Club

Barnesandnoble.com 

Message Edited by ConnieK on 12-26-2008 10:53 AM

New User
lizzclements
0 Kudos

"...books like that change people lives, making them read more and become more interested in literature."

I definitely agree, Jessy! Nice to meet you!

New User
InspectorKM
0 Kudos

Hello,

I dislike being a 'muggle' and wish I had received a letter from Hogwarts when I was young. I love the 'Harry Potter' books and have read them all at least twice.  I also have all the movies except Part 1: "H.P. and The Deathly Hallows".  I have never experienced the love of a series of books like I have experienced with J.K. Rowling's 'Harry Potter' books.  I hope she isn't through with Harry.  Looking forward to communicating with other muggles who feel like they know Harry and friends.

InspectorKM

Reader 2
Courtney_Mack
0 Kudos

Hello! My name is Courtney and I am very new to this site. I absolutely love the Harry Potter books. I am an elementary teacher and hope to incorporate these books a lot whenever I get my own classroom. I believe these books teach more than just expanding our imaginations and I am so glad the Harry Potter books are a part of my life.

New User
devlinsm
0 Kudos

Hey guys!

I am new to the community but I just wanted to say that I can't wait to start talking about the books with everyone!

Sam

Inspired Contributor
sobbydobby
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi there to all the new members! Big smiley face from me to all of you. Enjoy your time here!:smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
Amberlee30
0 Kudos

Hey All! This is AmberLee,just joined this feed. I love HP, I have since the begininng. I have read ALL the books and watched the movies. What a great world she created for is...Right?

AmberLee
Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Very right, Amberlee.  lad to meet you.  There are tons of good back-reading here.  Jump in where ever you like.   Any ideas on what the answer to the 20 Questions thread might be?

Contributor
Tiggerboy
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!  I'm John.  I'm 40 years old and I'll tell anyone flat out that the Harry Potter Series is the best series of books I've ever read.  Any time J.K. Rowling answered a question, she left me with three more.  Smart, funny, quirky, and well developed.  I love Harry's world. Thanks!

Distinguished Correspondent
REXx
0 Kudos

Heyy!

I'm Laura I have been a B&N member for a while now and I was sooo exited when I found this!!!!

I currently go to middle school, my favorite color is purple, and I'm a proud pyro:smileywink: Hahah I love to read ( state the obvious!) I love all music, drawing, taking pictures, cooking and so much more....

I love Harry Potter and how it can make you laugh, cry, gasp and shout out all in one chapter. A true masterpiece!!!

" To a well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."- Albus Dumbledore

New User
bookjunkie38
0 Kudos

Hello!  I'm a little late joining, I think; but I've been reading Harry Potter since the release of the first book.  I read them to my daughter who was 8 at the time. she's 16 now.  We have been fans since the beginning.  Happy to finally join.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

bookjunkie38 wrote:

Hello!  I'm a little late joining, I think; but I've been reading Harry Potter since the release of the first book.  I read them to my daughter who was 8 at the time. she's 16 now.  We have been fans since the beginning.  Happy to finally join.

No such thing as late to this party. Welcome!:smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
tikanique
0 Kudos

I am a AVID Harry Potter fan.  Right after my divorce I was at home one weekend with no children and no books to read.  I picked up my son's copy of the Sorceror's Stone and by the time they got home Sunday night, I was halfway through the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've read the series, watched the movies, etc.  JK Rowling is a friggin genious!!!!!

I'm also a huge Severus Snape / Slytherin fan.  After many unsuccessful attempts to win an eBay auction I finally got a really cool Slytherin messenger bag that I carry all the time.  The other day the cutest little girl in the library stopped me and said "Excuse me Miss, you know they are the bad guys, right?"  HILARIOUS!!!!

At any rate, I'm glad I found the group, look forward to checking out all the posts.

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

Welcome, Tika! Thanks for sharing your story! I think we all feel the same way. And the girl in the library story was hilarious!