Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

TheChippedWarlockBust wrote:

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum as of a couple days ago anyway.  I read the Sorcerer's Stone a few years after it came out and then later was given the audio CD set by a friend of mine who runs a book store.

I have to say that I really enjoyed Jim Dale's voices.  So despite the fact that I don't typically like audio books, I ended up buying the unabridged audio CD sets and listening to the rest of them rather than reading them.    If you have never heard any of them, I highly recommend them.

My favorite book is the Deathly Hallows, followed by the Sorcerer's Stone, the Prizoner of Azkaban, then the Half Blood Prince.  

Welcome, Chipped!  I agree--the audio versions of the books are a special treat.  I listened all the way through GOBLET OF FIRE with a co-listener way back when and enjoyed it!  Jim Dale's "voices" added to the experience.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Inspired Contributor
LittleDiva
0 Kudos

I am new to this posting...I am hoping to visit with other HP Fans and discuss the books.  I am also interested in a virtual world if anyone knows where to find it.  Does one exist?

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

LittleDiva wrote:

I am new to this posting...I am hoping to visit with other HP Fans and discuss the books.  I am also interested in a virtual world if anyone knows where to find it.  Does one exist?

Hello, welcome. Pardon, but what did you mean by virtual world?

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

LittleDiva wrote:

Welcome, Little Diva!  I don't know if there is a HP virtual world game out there.  Does anyone else?

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
Reader10161
0 Kudos

Hey People,

I love the harry potter books,Have read them 3-4 times (all of them), and i have been reading and cherishing my collection since i was 9 or 10.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Reader10161 wrote:

Hey People,

I love the harry potter books,Have read them 3-4 times (all of them), and i have been reading and cherishing my collection since i was 9 or 10.

Welcome, Reader10161!  It's great to have you with us!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
Avillalo
0 Kudos

Hello I am new here. I have read all of the Harry Potters books, watched all of the movies, I love the series and jumped at a chance to join the book club!

Inspired Contributor
AlejandroOchoa
0 Kudos

Welcome, Avillalo!

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Avillalo wrote:

Hello I am new here. I have read all of the Harry Potters books, watched all of the movies, I love the series and jumped at a chance to join the book club!

Fantastic!  Welcome, Avillalo!  We're glad to have you.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
mollymoo
0 Kudos

hi this is mollymoo and i wanted to say that i just started the series and am really excited to join i am loving the books and i wanted to ask if you could see my b&n i think it is cool i have no followers so ya but i love the books!

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Welcome, mollymoo!  I looked at your profile and I see that you like Bunnicula.  You aren't far enough along in the series yet to know what a Patronus is, but before book 7 came out, a number of folks here thought that Snape's Patronus was Bunnicula.  It gave us all a big chuckle!

New User
Summer_Beauty6709
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a huge Harry Potter fan.  I have read all of the books, like 10+ times!  I have seen all of the movies.  Though, the last one was a bit of a disappointment, the first movie was the best in my opinion.  There isn't a better series out there to read, for me at least.  But if any of you think so, than tell me!  I am so glad that there is a book club here just for Harry Potter!  I see why it is the most popular.

<3

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

mollymoo wrote:

hi this is mollymoo and i wanted to say that i just started the series and am really excited to join i am loving the books and i wanted to ask if you could see my b&n i think it is cool i have no followers so ya but i love the books!

Hi, mollymoo!  Yes; we can see you; welcome!  You might want to avoid reading too much here on the boards until you're further along in the series--spoilers about the plot abound here! 

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
Bookfanatic7373
0 Kudos

Hey! I LOVE Harry Potter. It is the best book series EVER! I read the first book when I was in kindergarten, and it is the series that sparked my love of reading. I have read the books and seen the movies multiple times. I LOVE IT!!!

Author
ConnieAnnKirk

Bookfanatic7373 wrote:

Hey! I LOVE Harry Potter. It is the best book series EVER! I read the first book when I was in kindergarten, and it is the series that sparked my love of reading. I have read the books and seen the movies multiple times. I LOVE IT!!!

Welcome, Bookfanatic7373!  Lots of people in this club feel the same way--though many were older than kindergarten age when they read it!  Jump in with us any time.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
thecleanwhitepage
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Tina.  I'm a writer (unpublished so far).  I'm Irish and I love books.  

Harry Potter!  I have read all of the books and seen all of the films several times.  I love the premise of the stories and the way things tie together.  Dumbledore says something along the lines of it's a matter of choosing between what is easy and what is right.  Someone will know the exact quote I'm sure, but that's what I think we're here for, to make the choice between what is easy and what is right. 

The only thing I didn't like in the entire series was the last piece in The Deathly Hallows.  I don't want to know that all is well!  I want details of what Harry is doing now!  Neville is the only one that we know about and that's just his job.  I want him to have married Luna.  I don't usually need a full wrap up of what happened to everyone, but in this case, I really wanted to know about the gang and what they've been doing since the end of their battle with Voldemort. 

But that's my only tiny gripe.  I've read each new book on the day it came out since I discovered them and I am sad that there aren't any more.  I queued up at midnight on the release day to get the books.  But I still have the last film/two films to look forward to. 

I've started a blog recently at http://thecleanwhitepage.blogspot.com/ if anyone would like to see me rambling on about writing and other stuff. 

Tina

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee

Welcome Tina!   You will find out more of what happened to various people if you go to the search box and type in HP_New_Information.  I think I've tagged most of the stuff that we learned from JKR after the last book came out with that tag.  Those posts will also have links to where you can find other information.

Enjoy!

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Connie, you take such good care of everyone!!!!!   You deserve a laurel.  Maybe someone will give you one.    LoL

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Jules934 wrote:

Connie, you take such good care of everyone!!!!!   You deserve a laurel.  Maybe someone will give you one.    LoL

Connie DOES take good care of everyone.  But you gave me a laurel instead!  Thanks!   :smileyhappy:  :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Welcome to all the newbies!  By the way Jules, I gave Connie the Laurel on your behalf.  We have been very fortunate to have Connie with us for such a long time, and she has indeed taken very good care of us. 

Every time I think we may have said everything there is to say about HP, someone new joins us with a question, or a new perspective; and from time to time the ex-pats pop back in to enrich the conversation.

Psychee wrote:

Jules934 wrote:

Connie DOES take good care of everyone.  But you gave me a laurel instead!  Thanks!   :smileyhappy:  :smileyhappy: