Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
B00K_L0VER
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi!  My name {LOOKS UP TO CHECK AND SEE SHE REMEMBERS HER NAME} is B00K_L0VER.  Yep, that's correct.  I'm still pretty new to My BN and the book clubs here.  I think you might be proud to hear this was the first Book Club (digital or otherwise) I ever joined.  But enough dilly dally.  I'll get to Harry Potter,

I'm newer to Harry Potter, the first time I read it was two and a half years ago (after I realized Twilight was junk).   I was SUPER-EXCITED when the last two movies came out,even though I couldn't go to the midnight premiers.  I get the whole Harry Potter buzz, it's what everybody wants to happen to them. 

:{D How do you like my moustachio? :}D
New User
eveningblack
0 Kudos

hello, buddies, nice to see all of you, and hoping to be your close friends.

New User
Renaissance93
0 Kudos

Greetings! My husband and I have read, listened to, watched, discussed, analyzed, laughed and cried about this reading phenomena over the years. Honestly, these are the first audio books we recommend for friends going on vacation. Jim Dale does an incredible job speaking, and it makes for a wonderful way to pass time during a road trip. Needless to say, we have read the series numerous times over the years...sometimes preparing (anxiously awaiting) the next book, other times getting ready for a movie release. Harry Potter (AKA JK Rowling) has been a most welcome guest at many a party - as a topic of conversation of course! I look forward to exploring and reading this wonderful blog devoted to the 'potterverse' we have all come to think of as a neighbor, friend, or distant relative. Thank you!!! Teri 'Renaissance93'
New User
Kinsey78
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I think I subscribed to this over a year ago, but just getting online to really get into it. I didn't start off as a HP fan, until I actually sat down and watched the first movie when out of the movies. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not, but once I seen the first movie I was hooked ever since.

I didn't read any of the books until the last book was released, and I must say I enjoy it. Thereafter, I read each book starting from book 7 to book 1, and yes in that order. LOL I would LOVE to read them all over again, but right now my books are in storage :smileysad:.

My ultimate mission as a HP fan is go to London for the Warner Bros. Harry Potter Tour. My daughter and I was planning on going in 2013, but decided to wait until 2014. We have done the Harry Potter amusement park at Universal Studios in Orlando, and boy was that part of the park crowded. So the next time we go, we are going early.

Well, that's enough about me. If you would to reply to me be my guest... Hope to hear you guy soon...

New User
hannahkayt
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Hannah , I am from Wisconsin. I have been reading Harry Potter since I was 9 years old I am now 21. I can't believe it has been that long! I love fantasy books I am also a huge literature fan! Some of my favorite books are Harry Potter series of course, The Great Gatsby, The Hobbit, and Wicked series, I am looking for some nook friends! I am new to this lol! My email address is htynan@rocketmail.com
New User
Manateeluver
0 Kudos

Hey all! I love Harry Potter and just discovered this yesterday. Now this is one of my most-visited sites (Second only to Pottermore, which explains a lot:smileywink:) So happy to have found this!

Now what?
Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Welcome! Since Pottermania cooled a little after all the books & movies came out, it's quieted down some here. But, there are still the occasional drop-ins that like a good discussion.
New User
Teen_Reader2013
0 Kudos

Hello everybody, I'm new to here and once I found this book club I decided to join anxious for great discussions. I have read all 7 books and all movies.

New User
scdobo07
0 Kudos

hi i love harry potter, beautiful creatures, doctor who, supernatural and a  whole lot more. :smileyhappy:

New User
MossshadowKB
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Kelsey! i don't know when i started the books, but i finished them all. CURSE YOU TWILIGHT! U STOLE CEDRIC DIGGORY! Anyway, i <3 books, baseball, math, and writing.

New User
jasonleavitt49
0 Kudos

Please to meet you on here. If you would like to check out my "Nook" Books please feel free to add me at jasonleavitt49@yahoo.com

I will be happy to loan you my books if you will loan me your books.

New User
know-it-allbookworm
0 Kudos

Re: know-it-allbookworm

I'm really excited about joing this group. but i'm so confused and by any chance could you help me get used to this? thank you. I love all the HP books and i've read all of them at least 30 times each if not more. thank you again.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

Welcome know-allbookworm! As you can see....a lot of people are Harry Potter fans. There have been many posts and some are quite old. We may have to start something new., to get everyone back into discussions.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

If you loves Harry potter, then  you should go to jamespotter.com and get you 3 Free books.  The author is G. Norman Lippertt, there are 3 books in the series.

I think you will love them :smileywink:

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance

Re: Goodbye My Reading Buddies

It is with a heavy heart that we must part ways from our B&N Message board comunities.  As of May 1st, we must pack our books and head for a new adventure.  This feels like......when your parents send you away for the summer, but we won't be making our way back to the comfort we had on the message boards.  We won't have the welcoming open arms of the friendly moderators on the various message boards!

As times change, things change too.  We have to adapt and make our way.  Change is never easy; and some people will have a hard time unless our friends show us some guidance. Even though we will be venturing onto something new, we need to stick together and share information to help those who need guidance along the way.

This is definately going to be a brand new experience for me.  I hope you will provide insight and provide any assistance getting used to the new way of things.

I am going to visit daily until the very end.

Keep strong :smileywink:

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

Intrigued_by_Romance wrote:

It is with a heavy heart that we must part ways from our B&N Message board comunities.  As of May 1st, we must pack our books and head for a new adventure.  This feels like......when your parents send you away for the summer, but we won't be making our way back to the comfort we had on the message boards.  We won't have the welcoming open arms of the friendly moderators on the various message boards!

As times change, things change too.  We have to adapt and make our way.  Change is never easy; and some people will have a hard time unless our friends show us some guidance. Even though we will be venturing onto something new, we need to stick together and share information to help those who need guidance along the way.

This is definately going to be a brand new experience for me.  I hope you will provide insight and provide any assistance getting used to the new way of things.

Beautifully put!

Goodbye, everyone!  ):

Love,

Jeff

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas

Intrigued_by_Romance wrote:

It is with a heavy heart that we must part ways from our B&N Message board comunities.  As of May 1st, we must pack our books and head for a new adventure.

Voldemort must have bought B&N, right?  What else could account for this?

Jeff

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

Hey Jeff,
I think you are right. It seems like something he and his gronies would do. Maybe we should call the Order of the Phoenix and get some magical help. What do you think?
Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

Hey Jeff,
Have you read the james potter books by going to jamespotter.com? I believe the author is G. Norman Leggette.