Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

Werewolf5 wrote:

Hello!

I LOVE Harry Potter and have ever since Sorcerer's Stone came out in theaters. I am basically addicted to HP and I am quite excited about this book club.

Welcome, Werewolf5!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

littlebird95 wrote:

ok, i do like snape and everything- i have to admit, he rocks at playing his part well, nd he's pretty loyal- even if he's a slimy git, but if you diss any of the weasleys u die man:smileymad:, we redheads rock and i like ron's personality, Grint does a good job playing his part in the movie, Granger is ok and dumbledore rocks even though acording to Rowling- he was gay which is TOTALLY twisted man:robotmad: the twins are soooo totally cool- harry is ok and Sirius and lupin rock (mainly serius) Neville is so totally Cute (actor and charater) and luna is awesome no matter how wierd she is- personally i wouldn't want to be normal- the rarer a coin is the more it is worth- so HAH!!!! Cho is ok- but not my type and in the movie- i want to know how you get a chinese chick with an irish accent- cos i'm irish, and personally i have never met one of us with an irish accent. so yeah- malfoy in his own twisted sort of way is cool to because he turns himself around in the end even if he IS a bit of a sissy. bellatrix is cool to- and so is MOLLY weasley- she is awesome. McGonnagle is cool to and so is moody- one of my favorite characters by far though is tonks- can't believe she dies and i can't believe one of the twins dies- that's just messed up u can't have one without the other- it's not a cmoplte set- and then the other twin looses an ear- and bill gets messed up- umbridge sucks and yeah- i should probably shut up now because i could go on for forever!!!! seriously!!!!

Welcome, littlebird95!  Looks like you pretty much covered your opinions of many of the characters here.  :smileywink:
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

dolor.glauf wrote:

Hello. New here. Enjoying wandering amongst the threads.

I've been enjoying the Potterverse since GoF was released in hardcover. It was fun to have the first four volumes to devour, painful to await each subsequent release.

I used to haunt other online discussions, but my favorite was abandoned awhile ago. My curiosity was piqued when I noticed this link in my e-mail and I look forward to reading the thoughts of others on BtB, the latest release.

Welcome, dolor!  Yes; we have a thread for each of the tales in BB.  It will be great to hear  your thoughts about the stories.
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
wafa
0 Kudos

Hi, I am new to the Barnes and Noble Book Club sight.  This Harry Potter Book Club caught my eye especially since my daughter is so into the Harry Potter Series.  She just had a birthday with the theme of Harry Potter.  I made her a cake in the shape of the golden snitch.  She will  be so excited when she finds out about this sight.  Looking forward to reading about what you all have to share.

Wafa

Contributor
Sammah
0 Kudos

Hey all. I'm new to the Barnes and Noble book clubs, but not at all new to Harry Potter. I started reading the books back when SS first came out, and I love them. Even at 24 years old I'm easily captivated by the Potterverse. Sirius Black is by far my favorite character, I still lament the day JKR decided to kill him off. So sad. I'm excited for the new film, and hope to meet some other HP fans!
Oh, come on. You heard them, just behind the veil, didn't you? They were just lurking out of sight, that's all.
-Luna Lovegood, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
New User
ginevra4
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to the Harry Potter book club. I love anything Harry and have read the books many times and seen all the movies. I look forward to the discussions.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

wafa wrote:

Hi, I am new to the Barnes and Noble Book Club sight.  This Harry Potter Book Club caught my eye especially since my daughter is so into the Harry Potter Series.  She just had a birthday with the theme of Harry Potter.  I made her a cake in the shape of the golden snitch.  She will  be so excited when she finds out about this sight.  Looking forward to reading about what you all have to share.

Wafa

Welcome, wafa!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Sammah wrote:
Hey all. I'm new to the Barnes and Noble book clubs, but not at all new to Harry Potter. I started reading the books back when SS first came out, and I love them. Even at 24 years old I'm easily captivated by the Potterverse. Sirius Black is by far my favorite character, I still lament the day JKR decided to kill him off. So sad. I'm excited for the new film, and hope to meet some other HP fans!

Welcome, Sammah!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

ginevra4 wrote:

Hello,

I am new to the Harry Potter book club. I love anything Harry and have read the books many times and seen all the movies. I look forward to the discussions.

Welcome, ginervra4!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
Belle_Bennet
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Kayla, 20, MI and I'm still relatively new to the Harry Potter craze. I didn't have much desire to read the books until I saw the movies which appealed to me because of the set design. I hadn't read the books until I was teaching art at the Boy and Girls Club in 2007 and under the pressure of several 10 year olds started reading the books...I finished all with the exception of Deathly Hollows that summer! Then I waited anxiously for my college's Deathly Hollows. I think it's amazing how detailed the Harry Potter series is. I'm not sure if this is a result of watching several of the movies before reading the books, but when I read the books I was in that world...(and even suffered literary withdrawal when I finished each book XD). I can't wait to read J.K. Rowling's latest novel and noticed it's already been added to my school's library.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Belle_Bennet wrote:
Hi, I'm Kayla, 20, MI and I'm still relatively new to the Harry Potter craze. I didn't have much desire to read the books until I saw the movies which appealed to me because of the set design. I hadn't read the books until I was teaching art at the Boy and Girls Club in 2007 and under the pressure of several 10 year olds started reading the books...I finished all with the exception of Deathly Hollows that summer! Then I waited anxiously for my college's Deathly Hollows. I think it's amazing how detailed the Harry Potter series is. I'm not sure if this is a result of watching several of the movies before reading the books, but when I read the books I was in that world...(and even suffered literary withdrawal when I finished each book XD). I can't wait to read J.K. Rowling's latest novel and noticed it's already been added to my school's library.

Welcome, Belle!  Just so you know--Beedle is a collection of stories ancillary to the series rather than a novel (if that's what you mean as the book that was recently added to your school's library).  Glad you enjoy the series!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
littlebird95
0 Kudos

Hey- i just had a totally wild thought about dolores umbridge- u know how her first name is dolores, well in spanish dolores means misery or another definition of it is pain and eternal surrering ironic isn't it- weel i suppose if the shoe fits, it just says something ringingly true about her character! J.K knew what she was tlaking bout when she write the books.
New User
Belle_Bennet
0 Kudos

I wonder if that explains Stephen King's Dolores Claiborne;Misery? Also, I'm going to assume Umbridge comes from umbrage, which means dipleasure...all of a sudden I want to explore the linguistics of other character names! :smileysurprised:
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Belle_Bennet wrote:
I wonder if that explains Stephen King's Dolores Claiborne;Misery? Also, I'm going to assume Umbridge comes from umbrage, which means dipleasure...all of a sudden I want to explore the linguistics of other character names! :smileysurprised:

Welcome, Belle!  You'll have a lot of fun if you do begin exploring name origins in the series!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
RDA95
0 Kudos

New here but Not to HP So I guess i better say hi.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

RDA95 wrote:
New here but Not to HP So I guess i better say hi.

Welcome, RDA!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
rizzarose82
0 Kudos

Hello. My name is rizzarose82. I just joined this club a few minutes ago, and I was hoping to find out more about it. I have read all the books. Here is my preference in order from greatest to least:
1. Deathly Hallows
2. Half-Blood Prince
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Sorcerer's Stone
5. Order of the Phoenix
6. Goblet of Fire
7. Chamber of Secrets

Please tell me yours!
"...I face death in hope that when you meet your match,
you will be mortal once more."
R.A.B
New User
Renee-F
0 Kudos

Hi.  I'm new to the B&N book clubs and was just wandering the boards when I found this one.  I'm 46 and LOVE all the Harry Potter books.   When Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone first came out in paperback my daughter got the book.  I didn't read it but just from the talk about it I couldn't understand what all the hype was about.  One night I couldn't find anything in the house to read that I was interested in rereading.  I was just looking for something different so I decided to try HP.  I feel in love.  She still laughs at me over reading the books over and over and over .....
Frequent Contributor
brisingr782
0 Kudos

i just happened to find this club and i thought wow this is perfect for me! i have read them all 13 times, and when i get grounded, its from harry potter (no lie). i love the books, absolutely HATE how they did the 3rd and 4th movies, and reread them all the times.

silence is golden
duct tape is silver
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Renee-F wrote:
Hi.  I'm new to the B&N book clubs and was just wandering the boards when I found this one.  I'm 46 and LOVE all the Harry Potter books.   When Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone first came out in paperback my daughter got the book.  I didn't read it but just from the talk about it I couldn't understand what all the hype was about.  One night I couldn't find anything in the house to read that I was interested in rereading.  I was just looking for something different so I decided to try HP.  I feel in love.  She still laughs at me over reading the books over and over and over .....

Welcome, Renee!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]