Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

brisingr782 wrote:

i just happened to find this club and i thought wow this is perfect for me! i have read them all 13 times, and when i get grounded, its from harry potter (no lie). i love the books, absolutely HATE how they did the 3rd and 4th movies, and reread them all the times.

Welcome, brisingr!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
sarak
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm Sarah.  My daughter Syd & I have read all of the books together, starting when she was about 2 or 3.  We are huge fans and have seen the movies, as well.  It's great to be here!

sarak
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

sarak wrote:

Hi!

I'm Sarah.  My daughter Syd & I have read all of the books together, starting when she was about 2 or 3.  We are huge fans and have seen the movies, as well.  It's great to be here!

Welcome, Sarah & Syd!  :smileywink:
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
bookckick11
0 Kudos

Hi! I am so happy to be here and to be a part of the HP book club! I have read all the books...several times :smileyhappy: 
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

bookckick11 wrote:
Hi! I am so happy to be here and to be a part of the HP book club! I have read all the books...several times :smileyhappy: 

Welcome, bookchick!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
ClassicalArtist
0 Kudos

Hi.  I kinda wonder if I'm the only guy in here.  Anyway, sounds fun reading a lot of books.  I am curious how the discussion is going to go though.

Anyway, I bought the 200 Classical book package, so I should be up to date on some of the material.  I may not read all the books prescribed...I am a college student and will probably read the ones that I have; but, that may change.

Thanks for the opportunity to share some insights about books.

Hope it's fun!

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

ClassicalArtist wrote:

Hi.  I kinda wonder if I'm the only guy in here.  Anyway, sounds fun reading a lot of books.  I am curious how the discussion is going to go though.

Anyway, I bought the 200 Classical book package, so I should be up to date on some of the material.  I may not read all the books prescribed...I am a college student and will probably read the ones that I have; but, that may change.

Thanks for the opportunity to share some insights about books.

Hope it's fun!

Welcome to the Harry Potter Book Club, Classical Artist!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
ClassicalArtist
0 Kudos

Wrong club.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

ClassicalArtist wrote:
Wrong club.

Ha.  I did wonder that, seeing you join other clubs that perhaps more appropriately fit your screen name!  :smileywink:
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
pinkbubbles2010
0 Kudos

so; i guess i'm new to the whole harry potter book club; but defiantely not to the books.

i got the first four on my like 11th or 12th birthday and then i've waited in line at midnight for all the rest of them :smileyhappy: ; and ohmygosh i was in love.

i think i've read them all at least like 20 times...however i do not like the movies. it completely takes away from the excitement. even though i go and see every one on opening night....i sit there and point out all the differences and it drives my mom crazy! haha.

i love hp.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

pinkbubbles2010 wrote:

so; i guess i'm new to the whole harry potter book club; but defiantely not to the books.

i got the first four on my like 11th or 12th birthday and then i've waited in line at midnight for all the rest of them :smileyhappy: ; and ohmygosh i was in love.

i think i've read them all at least like 20 times...however i do not like the movies. it completely takes away from the excitement. even though i go and see every one on opening night....i sit there and point out all the differences and it drives my mom crazy! haha.

i love hp.

Welcome, pink!  We hear from many new members who say they are new to the club but not to the books and movies.  Enjoy!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
vanessa10
0 Kudos

i am new to this website... obviouly.....well i LOVE reading basically  up 4 any fantasy from vampires to muggles. I am ot totally obsessed with any books but i enjoy them.:smileyhappy:

-dream like you would live foever, live like there was no tomorrow
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

vanessa10 wrote:

i am new to this website... obviouly.....well i LOVE reading basically  up 4 any fantasy from vampires to muggles. I am ot totally obsessed with any books but i enjoy them.:smileyhappy:

Welcome, vanessa!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
princess_nikki
0 Kudos

Hi i'm nikki,

im 12 and ive read all the books with my mom sence i was little well just poping in to say hi!!!

New User
Hunter_Roman
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm new to both the B&N bookclub and to Harry Potter. I was late to jump in on the HP craze but now that I have, I'm loving it!  I've seen all of the movies and am currently Reading The Goblet of Fire.  I cannot wait to finish up the series.

I'm so glad I found this bookclub!

Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Welcome Hunter_Roman. 

Like you, I came late to the HP series, both in terms of the number of books that had been released (I started just before the release of HBP), and in years.  The nice thing about finding the series after it is complete is that you don't have the agonizing wait for the next book. I don't know how the early readers stood waiting for the next in the series.  Waiting for DH just about drove me nuts.

Enjoy the journey.  My personal favourite is the next on your list, Order of the Phoenix-much much better than the film!

Hunter_Roman wrote:

Hi!  I'm new to both the B&N bookclub and to Harry Potter. I was late to jump in on the HP craze but now that I have, I'm loving it!  I've seen all of the movies and am currently Reading The Goblet of Fire.  I cannot wait to finish up the series.

New User
booklover40
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm new to this place

and i don't get.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

princess_nikki wrote:

Hi i'm nikki,

im 12 and ive read all the books with my mom sence i was little well just poping in to say hi!!!

Hi, nikki!  I'm glad you and your mom read the books together.  How nice!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Hunter_Roman wrote:

Welcome, Hunter!  I want to warn you that this board is full of spoilers from all of the books and films, so read at your own risk if you haven't completed the series and don't want to know what happens until you read it for yourself (which I recommend, by the way).
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

booklover40 wrote:

Hi, I'm new to this place

and i don't get.

Hi, booklover--want to try posting that again?  Give it a try.  You don't need to center your post.
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]