Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

ConnieK wrote:

booklover40 wrote:

Hi, I'm new to this place

and i don't get.

Hi, booklover--want to try posting that again?  Give it a try.  You don't need to center your post.

I'm just wondering what you don't get.

Correspondent
BookLoverDT

Hello all

My name is Sandra I am 25 years old. I feel in love with the Harry Potter series in 2004 when I read the Prisoner of Azkaban. I had to do jury duty and needed a book to read. I had seen a lot of Harry Potter books and wanted to know what the big deal was. So I brought the book and have been hooked ever since. I went back and read from the beginning to current series. I even reread them (these are the only books I reread). One of my coworkers think I'm a dork for reading Harry Potter, but I say SO WHAT. I love Harry Potter and I can not wait for the new movie. I hope they stick close to the storyline of the book. Well I have rambled a lot about Harry Potter, but I can't help it. I am ready to talk Potter.

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."-Marie Curie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

BookLoverDT wrote:

Hello all

My name is Sandra I am 25 years old. I feel in love with the Harry Potter series in 2004 when I read the Prisoner of Azkaban. I had to do jury duty and needed a book to read. I had seen a lot of Harry Potter books and wanted to know what the big deal was. So I brought the book and have been hooked ever since. I went back and read from the beginning to current series. I even reread them (these are the only books I reread). One of my coworkers think I'm a dork for reading Harry Potter, but I say SO WHAT. I love Harry Potter and I can not wait for the new movie. I hope they stick close to the storyline of the book. Well I have rambled a lot about Harry Potter, but I can't help it. I am ready to talk Potter.

Welcome, Sandra!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
NerdOnFire
0 Kudos

Hello everyone. :smileyvery-happy:

I would just like to say hi and take the time to express my love for the Harry Potter series. I started reading them when Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone had just come out in 1997, when I was just a little girl of 8 years. I guess I've just gotten hooked on them ever since!

- Emily

"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon..."

- Hermione Granger

New User
book_lvr46
0 Kudos

Well hello Connie I just started reading the harry potter series and have so far only finished four, but i loved them and can't wait to read the rest. i was wondering if someone could answer a question for me...What is beetle the bard all i know is that it is not year 8 or is it i am so confused please help!SOS -Me:smileytongue:
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Hi, Book_lvr46, welcome to the club!

Beedle the Bard is the name of a fictional "Mother Goose" type author whose name was introduced in Deathly Hallows -- one of his fairy tale (for wizard children) stories was used as a plot device in that book.

After JKR finished her series, she wanted to give a special personal present to six people who had helped her throughout her publishing career.  She decided to compose and hand write a little anthology of five fairy tales from "Beedle The Bard", including pen and ink drawings that she did herself, and have them bound in leather with silver ornaments and a dfferent semi-precious jewel on each cover. She gave those to the six people.  She then made a seventh copy (the "moonstone" edition) and sold it at auction for charity- it sold for $3.98 million dollars.

Readers of Harry Potter wanted the stories, too, though, so she had those stories typeset for publishing and added comments from Dumbledore throughout the book.  It is a very small book and all her profits from it go to charity.

It is not a "year 8" of the Harry Potter story.  In fact, I don't recall Harry being mentioned at all in the book.  It is more like the last two small Harry-related books she did for charity, Fantastic Beasts and Quidditch Through The Ages.

I hope this helps!

book_lvr46 wrote:
Well hello Connie I just started reading the harry potter series and have so far only finished four, but i loved them and can't wait to read the rest. i was wondering if someone could answer a question for me...What is beetle the bard all i know is that it is not year 8 or is it i am so confused please help!SOS -Me:smileytongue:

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

NerdOnFire wrote:

Hello everyone. :smileyvery-happy:

I would just like to say hi and take the time to express my love for the Harry Potter series. I started reading them when Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone had just come out in 1997, when I was just a little girl of 8 years. I guess I've just gotten hooked on them ever since!

- Emily

"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon..."

- Hermione Granger

Welcome, Emily!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

book_lvr46 wrote:

Welcome, book_lvr46.  Psychee has answered your question with her usual accuracy and style!  ;D
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
book_lvr46
0 Kudos

Thank you so much. haha the funny thing is by the time i saw your answer i had already finished the series and deduced what it was but it was cool to hear about the history of it.
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

hi people i'm dragon560 and i'm new to the harry potter book and club. i have 1-6 but i never read them before.my older brother has read them a few years back but stop because of school work and i never read them because i mostly read book about dragon but i'm happy to be here now.B)
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

dragon560 wrote:
hi people i'm dragon560 and i'm new to the harry potter book and club. i have 1-6 but i never read them before.my older brother has read them a few years back but stop because of school work and i never read them because i mostly read book about dragon but i'm happy to be here now.B)

Welcome, dragon560!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
bookluver22
0 Kudos

Hi im suhasini and i cant remember a time where i haven't read harry potter :smileyhappy: its my favorite book of all time and i love just sitting down and spending a couple hours just reading the books. I check mugglenet for updates on the movie and i can't wait to see it! it looks really good and i can't wait for July!! Harry Potter is an amazing book and i encourage everybody to read it :smileyhappy: Iv'e seen all the films and i started reading them in first grade....
" just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doen't mean we all have."

"Hermione drew herself to her full height; her eyes were narrowed and her hair seemed to crackle with electricity, "No", she said, her voice quivering with anger,"but I will write to your mother"
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

bookluver22 wrote:
Hi im suhasini and i cant remember a time where i haven't read harry potter :smileyhappy: its my favorite book of all time and i love just sitting down and spending a couple hours just reading the books. I check mugglenet for updates on the movie and i can't wait to see it! it looks really good and i can't wait for July!! Harry Potter is an amazing book and i encourage everybody to read it :smileyhappy: Iv'e seen all the films and i started reading them in first grade....

Welcome, Suhasini!  That's quite something that you can't remember a time when you haven't read Harry Potter.  You must be young enough for that to be true!  We hope you enjoy the club!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
Literary_AMP
0 Kudos

Hello all! ::waves:: My name is Ann, and I am new to the Barnes and Noble posting boards. I have a deep love for the series (as all of us do here!), and have been reading them for a few years, now. I started reading them after my little sister raved over them, and pratically forced them into my hands. My favorite book is HBP, and my favorite character is Ron. Also, biographical information: I'm 25, live in Wisconsin, and have 2 jobs: starting up a nonprofit for fundraising for nonprofits (confusing, I know!), and working pt at Barnes and Noble. 
"I'm just trying to matter." -June Carter Cash

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."-John Lennon
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Literary_AMP wrote:
Hello all! ::waves:: My name is Ann, and I am new to the Barnes and Noble posting boards. I have a deep love for the series (as all of us do here!), and have been reading them for a few years, now. I started reading them after my little sister raved over them, and pratically forced them into my hands. My favorite book is HBP, and my favorite character is Ron. Also, biographical information: I'm 25, live in Wisconsin, and have 2 jobs: starting up a nonprofit for fundraising for nonprofits (confusing, I know!), and working pt at Barnes and Noble. 

Hi, Ann!  ::waving back!::  Glad to have you with us.  Feel free to post whenever you like.  It's easy and free!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Wordsmith
Raestar15
0 Kudos

I am in book 6 but I love the series so far.My brother spoiled a few surprises for me though.

:smileysad: 

Zoey:smileyfrustrated:pirit is what makes us unique,what gives us strength,and it is what lives on after our bodies are no more.
~House of Night~

Laurel it if you like it!!!
~Rae
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Raestar15 wrote:

I am in book 6 but I love the series so far.My brother spoiled a few surprises for me though.

:smileysad: 

Welcome, Raestar!  We're glad to have you with us.  I'm sorry your brother spoiled a few surprises to come in the series.  It's probably difficult to avoid them at this point, though.  Certainly, don't read much here yet if you don't want to know about Book 7!  Fair warning!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Parilee
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I too am a Harry Potter fan and really enjoyed reading all of your reactions :smileyhappy:

New User
NancyDrew210
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new to this whole online book club thing, but I love to read and the Harry Potter series is by far my favorite. I have all the books and movies and dieing to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in July.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Parilee wrote:

Hello everyone,

I too am a Harry Potter fan and really enjoyed reading all of your reactions :smileyhappy:

Welcome, Parilee!  We always forget we have more readers of the board than people who actually post.  Thanks for joining the league of posters!  Ha.  :smileywink:
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]