Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

NancyDrew210 wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to this whole online book club thing, but I love to read and the Harry Potter series is by far my favorite. I have all the books and movies and dieing to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in July.

Welcome, NancyDrew210!  We'll all be talking about the new movie, so hang in with us!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
MacrossPR
0 Kudos

Im back!! to cast my flirt spell allover you...just kidding, but I am back.
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Welcome back, Macross!
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome back, Macross!

It won't be long, and we'll all be arguing our ups and downs of the Half-Blood Prince movie here on the boards!  :smileyhappy: 

MacrossPR wrote:

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
MacrossPR
0 Kudos

Indeed we shall!
Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Hi Macross, welcome back!  You've been absent for ages-have you read Beadle? 
MacrossPR wrote:

Contributor
MacrossPR
0 Kudos

Unfourtunantly no, I have not. Im going to pick up a copy this weekend though. And yes it has been a while, but thank you for the warm welcomes!
New User
kimpuff
0 Kudos

Hello, hello. I'm Kimberly! I started reading the books when I was seven in 2001, and have been a fan ever since. Hope I can fit in here. I love discussing HP.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

kimpuff wrote:
Hello, hello. I'm Kimberly! I started reading the books when I was seven in 2001, and have been a fan ever since. Hope I can fit in here. I love discussing HP.

Welcome, Kimberly!  You'll definitely fit in if you love talking about Harry Potter--no problem!

Jump right in any time.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
Alb_83
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm new here and I chose this book discussion group after browsing the web in search of something interesting. I am italian that's why I start apologizing for my english....hope it's good enough.

I read the whole series, both in Italian and English and I found the books amazing. I loved movies too though sometimes I found them a bit different from what my imagination suggested me to be like.

I started reading the books when the first movie joined italian cinemas, don't remeber exactly when. I love Harry Potter because it suggests, in my opinion, that beyond muggles and wizards, beyond the everlasting battle between good and evil, there's something which makes our lives worth living: friendship and love, our life's real magics.

Wordsmith
Kat-NE

Hey, I'm new here.  No one I know reads Harry Potter like I do so I hope that this site will give me a chance to talk about it.  I started reading them when the first movie came out, and I read them all over again before each movie.  I can't wait for "Half Blood Prince" to finally come out.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Kat-NE wrote:
Hey, I'm new here.  No one I know reads Harry Potter like I do so I hope that this site will give me a chance to talk about it.  I started reading them when the first movie came out, and I read them all over again before each movie.  I can't wait for "Half Blood Prince" to finally come out.

Welcome, Kat-NE!  You'll find many HP readers here who enjoy the books and movies just as much as you do! 
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
RJH
Contributor
RJH
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm a 39 year old mother of a 13 year old young lady and we are both huge Harry Potter fans. We have read all of the books and have seen all of the movies. We did stay up until 3am for the last two book releases. I love to dicuss Harry and I'm  curious about others' thoughts as well. I'm anxiously awaiting the 6th movie's release!!
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

RJH wrote:
  Hi, I'm a 39 year old mother of a 13 year old young lady and we are both huge Harry Potter fans. We have read all of the books and have seen all of the movies. We did stay up until 3am for the last two book releases. I love to dicuss Harry and I'm  curious about others' thoughts as well. I'm anxiously awaiting the 6th movie's release!!

Welcome, RJH (& daughter)!  You've come to the right place!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Correspondent
Par4course
0 Kudos

Hello - new to the book club, but have been reading and teaching Harry Potter for many years. 
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Par4course wrote:
Hello - new to the book club, but have been reading and teaching Harry Potter for many years. 

Welcome, Par4!  Glad to have you with us!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
Fantasy_FreakAK
0 Kudos

Hello,

My name is Alex. I began reading HP in 3rd grade. Since then I have read all the books multiple times with the first one being the most at 23. Sooo, I think you can say I'm a fanatic.

Frequent Contributor
matrim
0 Kudos

Hello.

My Harry Potter experience is somewhat odd. I didn't pay much attention to the books when they were firstly released (more exactly, 1~5 of the series) until one day I came across the American version of the audiobook, and wow! Instantly enchanted by the fantastic narration of Jim Dale, I sought out all the books and enjoyed them immensely. I've recommened Harry Potter to my friends and those who want to improve their English (I'm Chinese, see) but whose enthusiasm has been dampened by some read of classics like Pride and Prejudice. Many enjoy them as I do, and a friend actually wrote her undergraduate paper on Harry Potter! lol

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Hello, Matrim!  Welcome to the Harry Potter Book Club!  Are you corresponding to us from within the US or are you in China?   Have you read the books in Chinese?
Frequent Contributor
matrim
0 Kudos

Hi, Psychee, I'm in China. I scanned through the series in Chinese in bookstores but found they aren't that engaging and the sense of humor somewhat missing. Perhaps it's due to the translation mistakes, and I think the language differences also contribute.