Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
CelticSkye
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

Well, I knew I would get around to introducing myself eventually...

Hello all!  My name is Mary Kate and I have been an avid reader for the last 22 of my 25 years on this planet.  My mom taught me how to read at an early age while practicing on me to become a teacher!  (My mom is AWESOME!)  She later gave me the best gift an avid reader could ever want, she opened a children's bookstore when I was about 8.  I lived in that store...or at least that's what my family called it :smileyvery-happy:...its entire 6 years of being opened.  We had to shut down do to hurricane damage :smileysad:.  I love to read just about all types of fiction and I always carry a book with me no matter where I go.  I'm an Ovarian Cancer survivor and a huge advocate of cancer awareness.

Happy reading all!

Frequent Contributor
mrs_brightside
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, I'm megan. I'm going into eighth grade in the fall and I am thirteen. I learned to read at the age of 4, and i finished the first harry potter at the age of 5. i became obsessed, and since then, i have read each harry potter book at least 12 times, and thats no lie. when i got the 7th one, i finished it the same day. my family and friends make fun of me for my harry potter references, but i know they're jealous. i am also considered very smart, for i will be taking AP science and geometry, which are 10th grade courses. i owe it all to reading, which i do, and have been doing, daily for my whole life. i am also an avid rock fan; i listen to u2, the killers, ac/dc, guns n roses, the ramones, the sex pistols and the clash.

"love is handing someone a gun, and letting it point to your head, believing that he won't pull the trigger."

oliver wood: he's a keeper :smileywink:

make love, not horcruxes.
Correspondent
Stewies_Mom
0 Kudos

Hi Megan,

Wow, you listen to some of the bands I enjoyed at your age!  It's nice to hear from someone your age who listens to classic punk!  It's also great that you have such an appreciation for Harry Potter!  It's nice to "meet" you and I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

mrs_brightside wrote:

Hi everybody, I'm megan. I'm going into eighth grade in the fall and I am thirteen. I learned to read at the age of 4, and i finished the first harry potter at the age of 5. i became obsessed, and since then, i have read each harry potter book at least 12 times, and thats no lie. when i got the 7th one, i finished it the same day. my family and friends make fun of me for my harry potter references, but i know they're jealous. i am also considered very smart, for i will be taking AP science and geometry, which are 10th grade courses. i owe it all to reading, which i do, and have been doing, daily for my whole life. i am also an avid rock fan; i listen to u2, the killers, ac/dc, guns n roses, the ramones, the sex pistols and the clash.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

CelticSkye wrote:

Well, I knew I would get around to introducing myself eventually...

Hello all!  My name is Mary Kate and I have been an avid reader for the last 22 of my 25 years on this planet.  My mom taught me how to read at an early age while practicing on me to become a teacher!  (My mom is AWESOME!)  She later gave me the best gift an avid reader could ever want, she opened a children's bookstore when I was about 8.  I lived in that store...or at least that's what my family called it :smileyvery-happy:...its entire 6 years of being opened.  We had to shut down do to hurricane damage :smileysad:.  I love to read just about all types of fiction and I always carry a book with me no matter where I go.  I'm an Ovarian Cancer survivor and a huge advocate of cancer awareness.

Happy reading all!

Welcome, Mary Kate!  I love your screen name.  You sound like you have lots of stories of your own to tell--survivor stories!  Glad you enjoy Harry, and I hope you have fun here in the Harry Potter Book Club!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

mrs_brightside wrote:

Welcome, Megan!  Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself.  Join right in the discussions any time!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
Rose_W
0 Kudos

Hey Megan I'm Jen

I love that you read so much, my brother is your age and he never reads

Anyway, congrates on the AP classes, I'm goin into 10th grade and i took those classes this year (of course, we didn't offer those at my middle school) I love to read too, and yes, my friends think I'm crazy for my harry potter facts and opinions

New User
Auty16
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Auty(Autumn) and I am new here :smileyhappy:
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Auty16 wrote:
Hi my name is Auty(Autumn) and I am new here :smileyhappy:

Welcome, Auty!  Hope you enjoy being with us!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
iheartnewyork
0 Kudos

I absolutely love Harry Potter. I have read all seven books, countless amounts of times and I am excited about this discussion group :smileyhappy: !
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

iheartnewyork wrote:
I absolutely love Harry Potter. I have read all seven books, countless amounts of times and I am excited about this discussion group :smileyhappy: !

Welcome, iheartNY!  We're excited to have you, too!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
PattyBNUChick2
0 Kudos

This is PattyBNUChick from long ago.  For some reason B&N won't let me use my old login.  Just checking in before the new movie.   I had no desire to reread the series as I had read the books 8 times before book 7 came out but the ghost of Snape came to me the other night and inspired me to start reading the series again. : )  Anyone here from 3 years ago?
Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Well hi Patty!  Glad you checked back in. I guess the longest surviving member is Psychee, but I'm beginning to feel like an old timer.  What's next DCSbelle? Still at the cupcakes?
PattyBNUChick2 wrote:
This is PattyBNUChick from long ago.  For some reason B&N won't let me use my old login.  Just checking in before the new movie.   I had no desire to reread the series as I had read the books 8 times before book 7 came out but the ghost of Snape came to me the other night and inspired me to start reading the series again. : )  Anyone here from 3 years ago?

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Hi, Patty!  Long time, no see!  A long time ago, the board gods combined users' shopping and book club accounts if both used the same email.  The password of the shopping accounts was kept while the one for the book clubs was tossed out.  So, if you had two accounts, you might try using the password of the shopping account to see if that will work!

PattyBNUChick2 wrote:

Frequent Contributor
the_holy_catfish
0 Kudos

Hey Patty! I have been reading this list for around 3 years, but didn't start posting until about 6 months ago. I remember your McGonagall theory well: it was very persuasive!

Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

My name is Kelsey. I just read the series and idk what else to say cept that.
You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Frequent Contributor
PattyBNUChick2
0 Kudos

Mollywobbles!!  Yes, I remember the duels well : )  No cupcakes anymore.   I've been sick as a dog for over a year and have a pretty limited diet,  but at least I'm eating healthier : ) It was a really fun board, even if my theories were wacky : )

Mollywobbles wrote:
Well hi Patty!  Glad you checked back in. I guess the longest surviving member is Psychee, but I'm beginning to feel like an old timer.  What's next DCSbelle? Still at the cupcakes?
PattyBNUChick2 wrote:

Frequent Contributor
PattyBNUChick2
0 Kudos

Thanks.   I still can't help looking at McGonagall as suspicious.  Maybe my first re-read after the 7th book came out will help me to see her in the original light I had her in (doubt it though lol).  Sorry Psychee : )   Glad to see you're still here : )
the_holy_catfish wrote:

Hey Patty! I have been reading this list for around 3 years, but didn't start posting until about 6 months ago. I remember your McGonagall theory well: it was very persuasive!

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

I've been posting here for a few weeks now, and thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been reading HP since shortly after the CoS movie came out.  I love those first two films because they are so close to the books with the cast and settings that they bring them totally alive.  Later films have had much more material to contend with and so have been forced to adapt, and well, haven't always adapted perfectly.

I got into HP because the people around me at work were talking so much about it that I had to or just be left out of every conversation. -- The last straw was the windy day that I walked into work with my hair flying in all directions and was "complimented" on my Harry Potter Hairstyle.  LoL  At least it wasn't Snape's!  I stopped at the Video Rental on the way home.

I've been hooked since, and hooked on the boards.  I love talking about HP and hearing other folks' opinions. -- JKR certainly has left us enuf to talk about -- some of ther loose ends are more interesting than 95% of the other books out there.  LoL.

I think I'ss stay here for a while.  Anyone seen the movie yet?

You can call me Jules, if you like.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Hey Patty! I'm sorry to hear that you have been ill, and had to give up your beloved cupcakes. I haven't been able to post much lately, but I just had to check in on the eve of the HBP film-I won't get to see it until the DVD comes out, but there you go.

I too remember the duels, and while I didn't agree with your McEvil theory, I was amazed at the arguement you crafted.  Thank goodness Minerva lived up to my expectations of her, I don't think I could have borne her being a traitor-not coupled with my disillusionment about Dumbledore.

Anyway, I hope you are on the mend.

Mollywobbles

PattyBNUChick2 wrote:

Mollywobbles!!  Yes, I remember the duels well : )  No cupcakes anymore.   I've been sick as a dog for over a year and have a pretty limited diet,  but at least I'm eating healthier : ) It was a really fun board, even if my theories were wacky : )

Mollywobbles wrote:
PattyBNUChick2 wrote: