Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

Rainbow-Reader wrote:
Hi, i'm rainbow and i'm new here. Honestly i havnt read any of the books yet. But i love the movies. I plan on reading them soon. =]

Oh, oh, oh--you haven't read any of the books yet?  Oh, my, Rainbow--we need to get you started right away!  Ha!  Pick up the first one as soon as you can--it reads pretty quickly, and then you'll see what all the "fuss" is about!  :smileywink:
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
Rainbow-Reader
0 Kudos

ConnieK wrote:

Rainbow-Reader wrote:
Hi, i'm rainbow and i'm new here. Honestly i havnt read any of the books yet. But i love the movies. I plan on reading them soon. =]

Oh, oh, oh--you haven't read any of the books yet?  Oh, my, Rainbow--we need to get you started right away!  Ha!  Pick up the first one as soon as you can--it reads pretty quickly, and then you'll see what all the "fuss" is about!  :smileywink:

Yeah, i plan on getting it from my brother, he owns all the books. I'm excited. =]
[Rainbow-Reader]
New User
halo_firebird
0 Kudos

Hi there!

My name is Lawren, and I've read the Harry Potter books since I was 12. I feel as if I've grown up with Harry and everyone else. The movies are all fantastic. These books are truly magical.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

halo_firebird wrote:

Hi there!

My name is Lawren, and I've read the Harry Potter books since I was 12. I feel as if I've grown up with Harry and everyone else. The movies are all fantastic. These books are truly magical.

Welcome, Lawren!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Reader 4
music_note692
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm Hanna. I absolutely love Harry Potter. I've seen all the movies, but haven't read the books in a while. I've picked them back up and now I remember why I love them. They are so much better than the movies.
New User
hazel.ash
0 Kudos

Hi guys! I'm Ashley. <- new :smileyhappy: ... doesnt seem that long since i first started reading these books, but it was 10 years ago. Their a great way to get your imagination going to visualize everything your reading. 
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

music_note692 wrote:
Hello, I'm Hanna. I absolutely love Harry Potter. I've seen all the movies, but haven't read the books in a while. I've picked them back up and now I remember why I love them. They are so much better than the movies.

Welcome, Hanna!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

hazel.ash wrote:
Hi guys! I'm Ashley. <- new :smileyhappy: ... doesnt seem that long since i first started reading these books, but it was 10 years ago. Their a great way to get your imagination going to visualize everything your reading. 

Welcome, Ashley!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
JustMusing
0 Kudos

Hi!! Glad to find so many others like myself. I too, eagerly waited for each book and have read the series more times than I remember. I love, love, love the books and cannot wait to get involved in these discussions! Thanks!
New User
GinnyGranger101
0 Kudos

My name is Shelby. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan of the books and movies. I hate Twilight (no offense to those who like it).  So I'm looking forward to meeting beginners like me who have only read a few books from the series because I've only read up to the third book (i can't find the fourth in my library). And maybe making a book club with them assigning chapters a day to read and talk about it after reading. Thanks!

~Shelby~ :smileyhappy: 

Inspired Scribe
Jules934

[ Edited ]

Can't find it at your library ?  I'll bet there isn't a library that doesn't have several copies on hand. 

GinnyGranger----Have you talked with the librarians?  There may be some alternatives.

For instance, there may be copies in the adult, youth and children's sections, or.......

They can have a "hold" put on it so that when a copy is available, they notify you and hold if for a while so you can come in and get it.  That means you get it next, unless, of course, there's a line of holds ahead of you.  But at least you're in line.

And    Many libraries belong to a "group" , and you library card is good at others members of the group.

Check with them...they love to help folks who want to read.

Connie will be by in a minute to officially welcome you to the boards -- I just couldn't resist hekplin a fan looking for a copy of Prisoner of Askaban.

Message Edited by Jules934 on 08-24-2009 11:53 PM
New User
GinnyGranger101
0 Kudos

Thank you Jules934 for the great advice I will keep that in mind when I go to the library again later today. And I'm actually looking for The Goblet of Fire though I agree that The Prisoner of Azkaban is one of the best books in the series. Thanks again.

~GinnyGranger101~ :smileytongue:

New User
HP_nerd
0 Kudos

Hi, I started reading Harry Potter in the spring of this year, and i have been obsessed with it since.  I cant understand why i didn't read it earlier, but im really glad i didn't have to wait for any of the books because that would have been brutal.  Although i have seen all the movies im not that into them i dont like how nothing flows in the movie and so much is cut out!! I love all the books but the goblet of fire and half blood prince are my favourites.  The goblet fire was crazy the ending was so unexpected i was shocked! i love all the romance in the half blood prince plus the story was just getting better and better when you didn't think it could.
Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

You're most welcome, Ginny.

I just think Libraries are the greatest places in the world, especially since they are full o f Librarians, who are the most helpful people in the world.  Hope you're successful in your quest.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

JustMusing wrote:
Hi!! Glad to find so many others like myself. I too, eagerly waited for each book and have read the series more times than I remember. I love, love, love the books and cannot wait to get involved in these discussions! Thanks!

Welcome, JustMusing!  Join in anywhere you like, anytime.
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

GinnyGranger101 wrote:

My name is Shelby. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan of the books and movies. I hate Twilight (no offense to those who like it).  So I'm looking forward to meeting beginners like me who have only read a few books from the series because I've only read up to the third book (i can't find the fourth in my library). And maybe making a book club with them assigning chapters a day to read and talk about it after reading. Thanks!

~Shelby~ :smileyhappy: 

Welcome, Shelby!  Members can start their own threads here, as long as it doesn't duplicate a thread we already have.  Since the club has been around awhile, it's sometimes ok to start a new thread on an old topic, especially if it hasn't been talked about for quite awhile.  You could do that with Book/Chapter threads of one of the Harry Potter books if you like.  If you'd like to tell me which one, I could also set up some Chapter threads for you, if you prefer.  Just let me know!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

HP_nerd wrote:
Hi, I started reading Harry Potter in the spring of this year, and i have been obsessed with it since.  I cant understand why i didn't read it earlier, but im really glad i didn't have to wait for any of the books because that would have been brutal.  Although i have seen all the movies im not that into them i dont like how nothing flows in the movie and so much is cut out!! I love all the books but the goblet of fire and half blood prince are my favourites.  The goblet fire was crazy the ending was so unexpected i was shocked! i love all the romance in the half blood prince plus the story was just getting better and better when you didn't think it could.

Welome, HP_nerd!  I think a lot of HP readers have been disappointed in the movies, especially for what the filmmakers felt they needed to leave out.  It's hard for the film of a 500+ page book to include everything, that's for sure, but the choices directors/screenwriters have made have left some readers scratching their heads.
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
Parisgirl14
0 Kudos

hey I'm Kendyl. I just  started this series not too long ago and I'm almost done with the last one.  I love this series I  should  have read this series  years ago.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Parisgirl14 wrote:

hey I'm Kendyl. I just  started this series not too long ago and I'm almost done with the last one.  I love this series I  should  have read this series  years ago.

Welcome, Kendyl!  It's a pleasure to hear from you as a new reader of the series.  I hope you'll share more of your thoughts with us in the club.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
TheChippedWarlockBust
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum as of a couple days ago anyway.  I read the Sorcerer's Stone a few years after it came out and then later was given the audio CD set by a friend of mine who runs a book store.

I have to say that I really enjoyed Jim Dale's voices.  So despite the fact that I don't typically like audio books, I ended up buying the unabridged audio CD sets and listening to the rest of them rather than reading them.    If you have never heard any of them, I highly recommend them.

My favorite book is the Deathly Hallows, followed by the Sorcerer's Stone, the Prizoner of Azkaban, then the Half Blood Prince.