Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk

Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Harry Potter Book Club!

We are a long-standing book club here on Barnes & Noble.com.  We are the most popular club, with the most posted messages, and most views, of any other book club on the site.  The most recent version of the club, which you see here, began in December of 2006 to discuss the series as a whole up to that point.  We eagerly anticipated and celebrated the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 2007 and have been going strong ever since.  The club follows new book and DVD releases, as well as news about the Potterverse, including information about the author, Harry Potter film adaptations, the planned theme park, and other projects.

New members are always welcome and encouraged to participate!  New readers discover the Harry Potter books every day.  You should know that if you are plannning to read the threads here and have not finished all 7 books in the series that there are many "spoilers" (information about the plot) everywhere on these boards. 

If you are new to the club, please take a moment to introduce yourself in this thread.  What is your interest in Harry Potter?  When did you first start reading the books?  Have you seen the films?  Let us know!

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Harry Potter Book Club and come back to visit with us many times. 

EnJOY!

~ConnieK, Moderator

Harry Potter Book Club

Barnesandnoble.com 

Message Edited by ConnieK on 12-26-2008 10:53 AM
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
rainbow1364
0 Kudos

hello

hello,every body.

I am here now. Be happy:womanvery-happy:

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Re: hello

rainbow1364 wrote:

hello,every body.

I am here now. Be happy:womanvery-happy:

Welcome, rainbow!  Are you a big Harry Potter fan?  Have you read all the books?
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
Amidala

Re: Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello I am new here and when I found out that there were book clubs at barnes and noble I jumped at the chance to join. I have read all of the Harry Potters books, watched all of the movies and I am anixously waiting the opening of the theme park.

New User
littlebird95
0 Kudos

hey- obviously i'm new here and yeah- if you guys want to know about me look at my page... i'm totally obssesed with this series... hopw many of you guys have been reading the book since they came out in the us?.... i have! i honestly don't think i like it when people who made the movies change things in them because it gives the wrog impression- i have just one more thing to say be4 i go... Ron and rupert ROCK!!!!!
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Amidala wrote:

Hello I am new here and when I found out that there were book clubs at barnes and noble I jumped at the chance to join. I have read all of the Harry Potters books, watched all of the movies and I am anixously waiting the opening of the theme park.

Welcome, Amidala! 
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
JDM
Reader
JDM
0 Kudos

I am new to here and a big Harry Potter fan.  I look forward to the discussions.
Frequent Contributor
BakingQueen
0 Kudos

I am not new but I have intruduced myself. I have read all the HP books (I'm reading Beedle and Bard) and seen all of the movies. I am not obsessed with HP but I am with Twilight. 
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

JDM wrote:
I am new to here and a big Harry Potter fan.  I look forward to the discussions.

Welcome, JDM!  Jump right in any time.
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
Avid_Book_Reader10
0 Kudos

HI!!!

I was on the book club before, but then my account got erased... :smileysad:

Anyway, I LOVE Harry Potter, have read all the books, seen all the films, etc. I got into Harry just before the craziness about Order of the Phoenix was going to be published.

YAY can't wait to get back into the discussions!

Let books be your dining table,
And you shall be full of delights
Let them be your mattress
And you shall sleep restful nights.
~Author Unknown
Contributor
Lizamanuch
0 Kudos

Hello All!

I started reading Harry Potter when the Sorcer's Stone came out.  I used to read it as a bed time story to my little sister.  Since then, I've read each book as they came out (so has she) and have seen all the movies.  I don't know what took me so long to find this book club, but I'm glad I did.

Alissa

New User
rosesinbloom
0 Kudos

hello I'm rosesinbloom, I despise chat speak, but  I am a huge harry potter fan

New User
azure_wulf
0 Kudos

Hi i"m Azure how are you all? i'm one of many(or few) who read each book in 4 hours or less and like twenty times (I even beta HP fanfiction in my spare time so if you write hit me up) I like most HP characters minus -dumbledor,granger,ron,and pittigrew,I dont like them-

but I love snape ,diss him and i will flame you.

much love hope and trust

Azure

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Avid_Book_Reader10 wrote:

HI!!!

I was on the book club before, but then my account got erased... :smileysad:

Anyway, I LOVE Harry Potter, have read all the books, seen all the films, etc. I got into Harry just before the craziness about Order of the Phoenix was going to be published.

YAY can't wait to get back into the discussions!

Welcome, Avid!  There were some changes made last fall that might have caused you difficulties if you haven't been around for awhile to keep up with them.  Glad you're back in the club!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Lizamanuch wrote:

Hello All!

I started reading Harry Potter when the Sorcer's Stone came out.  I used to read it as a bed time story to my little sister.  Since then, I've read each book as they came out (so has she) and have seen all the movies.  I don't know what took me so long to find this book club, but I'm glad I did.

Alissa

Welcome, Alissa!  We're glad you found us, too!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

rosesinbloom wrote:

hello I'm rosesinbloom, I despise chat speak, but  I am a huge harry potter fan

Welcome, roseinbloom!  Nice screen name.  I hope you enjoy your visits to the Harry Potter Book Club.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

azure_wulf wrote:

Hi i"m Azure how are you all? i'm one of many(or few) who read each book in 4 hours or less and like twenty times (I even beta HP fanfiction in my spare time so if you write hit me up) I like most HP characters minus -dumbledor,granger,ron,and pittigrew,I dont like them-

but I love snape ,diss him and i will flame you.

much love hope and trust

Azure

Welcome, Azure!  4  hours or less?  Man, I wish I could read that fast!  You DON'T like Dumbledore, Ron, or Hermione?  Hmm.  That's unusual.  But I see you're a Snape fan, so perhaps that explains it.  :smileywink:
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
Werewolf5
0 Kudos

Hello!

I LOVE Harry Potter and have ever since Sorcerer's Stone came out in theaters. I am basically addicted to HP and I am quite excited about this book club.

New User
littlebird95
0 Kudos

ok, i do like snape and everything- i have to admit, he rocks at playing his part well, nd he's pretty loyal- even if he's a slimy git, but if you diss any of the weasleys u die man:smileymad:, we redheads rock and i like ron's personality, Grint does a good job playing his part in the movie, Granger is ok and dumbledore rocks even though acording to Rowling- he was gay which is TOTALLY twisted man:robotmad: the twins are soooo totally cool- harry is ok and Sirius and lupin rock (mainly serius) Neville is so totally Cute (actor and charater) and luna is awesome no matter how wierd she is- personally i wouldn't want to be normal- the rarer a coin is the more it is worth- so HAH!!!! Cho is ok- but not my type and in the movie- i want to know how you get a chinese chick with an irish accent- cos i'm irish, and personally i have never met one of us with an irish accent. so yeah- malfoy in his own twisted sort of way is cool to because he turns himself around in the end even if he IS a bit of a sissy. bellatrix is cool to- and so is MOLLY weasley- she is awesome. McGonnagle is cool to and so is moody- one of my favorite characters by far though is tonks- can't believe she dies and i can't believe one of the twins dies- that's just messed up u can't have one without the other- it's not a cmoplte set- and then the other twin looses an ear- and bill gets messed up- umbridge sucks and yeah- i should probably shut up now because i could go on for forever!!!! seriously!!!!

New User
dolor.glauf
0 Kudos

Hello. New here. Enjoying wandering amongst the threads.

I've been enjoying the Potterverse since GoF was released in hardcover. It was fun to have the first four volumes to devour, painful to await each subsequent release.

I used to haunt other online discussions, but my favorite was abandoned awhile ago. My curiosity was piqued when I noticed this link in my e-mail and I look forward to reading the thoughts of others on BtB, the latest release.