Wordsmith
Kat-NE
0 Kudos

Re: What Will J. K. Rowling Write Next?

I think that she should write another series.  I love how her characters develop over time and it would be hard to do that in one book.  I don't think she would write another HP series or a story with one of his kids as the main character.  In an interview, she said that she wouldn't because it took so much out of her and she wanted to end it and start something new.  I can't think of what she would write about Hogwarts now without a villian.
Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

I'd like to see her publish the original versions of Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets.  The ones she submitted to the publisher, that is.  I'm sure that, as an unpublished author, what she first wrote was (thoroughly) edited to bring them in line with the usual "standards" for children's books and things were cut in the process.  It looks like once she showed how well received her work was, she was given more freedom -- that's why Prisoner of Askaban is so different. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see those books, and PoA too?

New User
Spottedleaf218
0 Kudos

I would like to read something with magic in it that is similar to harry potter.

Correspondent
kellybeans
0 Kudos

I would love to read Hogwarts - A History. It's mentioned so many times in the books (mostly when Hermione is quoting it) and it just sounds like it would be an interesting read.

Either that, or I wouldn't mind reading more about the lives of centaurs or the mer-people. It would be cool if she wrote a story that centers around one of them.

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it. That's all."
-The Breakfast Club
Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

Hogwarts -- A History would be great too.  She could do both the original SS & PoA and the HaH, 'cause she's already written the 1st 2.

And, and, and, she could also do 2nd versions of the whole series -- as she would have written them if she had all the books totally worked out before they were published.  Like maybe shd wished she had done s'thing in an earlier book when she got to a later book, but had to work around what was already published....does that make sense?

That should keep her busy for a while.

New User
Tarkaneea
0 Kudos

I think it would be cool to see a book about the kids they had: James, Albus, Rose, and Lily.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Tarkaneea wrote:

I think it would be cool to see a book about the kids they had: James, Albus, Rose, and Lily.

That was your first post ever--welcome, Tarkaneea!  Yes; I wonder if the Potter and Weasley "kiddies" would be anything like their parents or grandparents--ha!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
Lee-Lee81
0 Kudos

I would really like to see J.K go in a completely different direction. Like rather than a wizard and witch fantasy, maybe something completely new and realistic. Like I'd like to see some more realistic novels from her that aren't really series. It would be interesting to see what J.K can really do and what her limits in writing are.

New User
theflyingshoebox
0 Kudos

I was thinking that J.K. Rowling could write another fantasy like HP. Maybe another story in the wizarding world but through another character's eyes, maybe a werewolf but we already have Twilight. Also, I think a book where she starts a new series kind of like the "Heroes" TV show where people have different abilities. But it really doesn't matter what she does, she is a brilliant writer.

New User
Ethereader
0 Kudos

i think it would be amazing to see j.k. rowling writing something different completely different, and with that imagination i think she could create another world as interesting and fantastic as harry's but  

i was thinking sometime she could write about what happened when salazar slythering and all the howarts founders lived, i think it would be interesting to know all the secret lives of all four and to tell us how the school started and what incredible secrets and misteries this four people lived. and everithing that happened when tom riddle arrived to the school lots of years later, and all the past lives of peole who studied in the castle, that also had a great story to tell, i personally would definately read it, because how many times i had asked myself, what happened before? who were the teachers? who were the parents of all of harrys friends, who were the founders?

i think it could be incredible. 

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

I just read somewhere that she will be writing a series of graphic novels exploring the humorous, but sometimes dark and twisted escapades of the college years of former U.S. Presidents. Her publishing company thinks she should stick with the title format of the HP books, therefore, the first novel has the tentative title of: "George Bush and the Deathly Yalies". She's mapped out an entire series. The second one will be: "Bill Clinton and the Hoya Pot". Those are the only two the article listed. Sorry, I dont have the link. I will come back and attach it when I find the article.

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

Does the time change do this to anyone else? Seriously, I need some sleep.

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

I thought it was going to be Bill Clinton and the Bong Water.

Nope.  You are the only one it affects.  Sorry girl.  There may be a treatment if our current Pres survives the Elephant Stampede.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Ethereader wrote:

i think it would be amazing to see j.k. rowling writing something different completely different, and with that imagination i think she could create another world as interesting and fantastic as harry's but  

i was thinking sometime she could write about what happened when salazar slythering and all the howarts founders lived, i think it would be interesting to know all the secret lives of all four and to tell us how the school started and what incredible secrets and misteries this four people lived. and everithing that happened when tom riddle arrived to the school lots of years later, and all the past lives of peole who studied in the castle, that also had a great story to tell, i personally would definately read it, because how many times i had asked myself, what happened before? who were the teachers? who were the parents of all of harrys friends, who were the founders?

i think it could be incredible. 

Welcome, Ethereader!  She's been quiet for going on 3 years now, yes?  She's probably up to something, that's for sure!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Reader 4
Codefox
0 Kudos

Whatever J. K. Rowling gives us next, whenever it is, I'll be in line to get it.  Her characters all invoked some sort of emotion and the charm of the Harry Potter series was its whimsical consistency that had you hooked into a world that was not at all realistic and entirely believable all at once.

I would love to see Rowling take on another genre.  I can't imagine a science fiction setting with her touch.  Or maybe a mystery series.  The heart of Harry Potter was the mysteries along the way.  Heck...how about a few 'spooky' tales.  Anything...just give us more stories! :smileyhappy:

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Codefox wrote:

Whatever J. K. Rowling gives us next, whenever it is, I'll be in line to get it.  Her characters all invoked some sort of emotion and the charm of the Harry Potter series was its whimsical consistency that had you hooked into a world that was not at all realistic and entirely believable all at once.

I would love to see Rowling take on another genre.  I can't imagine a science fiction setting with her touch.  Or maybe a mystery series.  The heart of Harry Potter was the mysteries along the way.  Heck...how about a few 'spooky' tales.  Anything...just give us more stories! :smileyhappy:

I think she actually hinted somewhere recently (was it at her reading at the White House Easter Egg Roll?) that readers would be seeing something new from her in the near future?  Or am I just imagining that!  Ha.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
schmee64
0 Kudos

Well, I was a wanna-be writer, when I was younger, before I had children and a life full or many responsibilities. At heart I still am, at least that creative side of me is still there, buried a little deeper than it use to be.Real writers may stop for awhile, but their creative juices/imagination is something they can't turn off completely, and when she lands on something like she did Harry Potter, she will write again. Maybe it will be on the same story line or a connection with it, maybe something altogether different. Nevertheless,she is a writer at heart, and a very good one, as many have already experienced. She will write again, that you can be sure. What she will write will be interesting to see. Some writers can get writers block and disappear for a time, others want to stay in the same genre of writing, but to me a creative writer goes from one story to something altogether different and if she can do that and capture peoples attention and imagination like she did with Harry Potter I would buy her books with whatever she chose to write!!!

Frequent Contributor
MichelleMuto
0 Kudos

I imagine she'll write whatever she wants to write. 

And we'll all stand in line for it. At least, I know I will. 

The Book of Lost Souls Being a teen witch has never been more fun. Or trouble.
Don’t Fear the Reaper Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me...~Emily Dickinson 17-yr-old Keely Morrison finds that death isn't any easier than life.
New User
weasleylover06
0 Kudos

Darn it, you spoiled my answer when you said, "not related to HP". I WAS going to say:

I think she should write a series about the next generation of Harry Potter characters. Since it wouldn't be Harry Potter in the books anymore, I'm not even sure what it would have to be called. Something like, "Lily Potter" or "James Potter" or "Albus Potter". Yeeeeah, those just don't have the same ring as Harry Potter does, though. 

"One person can't feel all that at once, they'd explode."
"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have."--Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger
HPOTP
New User
jim-bo
0 Kudos

I think she should write a book about the adults as kids