Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Auror_in_Training
0 Kudos

What's Your Patronus?

My patronus is a big ole yellow (silver) Lab! She's goofy and lovable, loyal and adorable and just loves to play and have fun!
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Re: What's Your Patronus?

My patronus would be a humming bird. Small, but quick! Wait...can a potronus be an extinct animal? If so, than mine would be a long neck dinosour(don't know the scientific name).

Good question, Auror!
"Who's that little old man?
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
allenctynimrod
0 Kudos

Mine would be a kangaroo. I'm long I'm lanky and after several years of Muay Thai training throw a darn good knee strike. Plus they're so cute/so dangerous it just works :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Muay Thai? Yikes! That's pretty cool though
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
Auror_in_Training
0 Kudos

tigerlilly wrote:
My patronus would be a humming bird. Small, but quick! Wait...can a potronus be an extinct animal? If so, than mine would be a long neck dinosour(don't know the scientific name).

Good question, Auror!

I think you're patronus can be anything that represents you and is special to you.
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Yay! Well, I've always loved dinosours! As much as one can love dinosours. And when I was little I thought it would be so cool to ride on the back of a Long Neck(does anyone know the actual name?) to school and he would put his head down on the ground so I could disembark by sliding down his neck. That is so much cooler than a car!
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
Auror_in_Training
0 Kudos

tigerlilly wrote:
Yay! Well, I've always loved dinosours! As much as one can love dinosours. And when I was little I thought it would be so cool to ride on the back of a Long Neck(does anyone know the actual name?) to school and he would put his head down on the ground so I could disembark by sliding down his neck. That is so much cooler than a car!

Cool! Isn't there a cartoon where that actually happens?
Frequent Contributor
allenctynimrod
0 Kudos

tigerlilly wrote:

I believe you're talking about either Brontosaurus, Bracchiosaurus, or the newer Megasaurus. Those are three big groups of longneck dinos that are highly popular.

The main character from The Land Before Time was a brontosaurus for instance.
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I don't know, it probably was on tv. But I like to think it was all my idea! And it probably was and someone just stole it from me. I have a theory that the government taps into all of my conversations because I'm such a genius and they need people like me for good ideas!
Watch, now I'm going to be taken away to some island where they stick people that know too many government secrets! Now, that really is from an episode from The Simpsons, but I bet you it's true. :smileywink:

Message Edited by tigerlilly on 10-29-2007 09:21 PM
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Thanks, allen! Crap, I just realized it's dinosaur, not dinosour! There's my great spelling abilities for ya!

Message Edited by tigerlilly on 10-29-2007 09:24 PM
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
Auror_in_Training
0 Kudos

OMGosh! I totally believe in the conspiracy theory! I have great ideas all the time and people are always claiming them as their own. All that money out the window when another idea is claimed by someone else!

tigerlilly wrote:
I don't know, it probably was on tv. But I like to think it was all my idea! And it probably was and someone just stole it from me. I have a theory that the government taps into all of my conversations because I'm such a genius and they need people like me for good ideas!
Watch, now I'm going to be taken away to some island where they stick people that know too many government secrets! Now, that really is from an episode from The Simpsons, but I bet you it's true. :smileywink:

Message Edited by tigerlilly on 10-29-2007 09:21 PM

Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

I know! They are after us!
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
Auror_in_Training
0 Kudos

I started to say it's late but it looks like you're on the West coast.
Frequent Contributor
Auror_in_Training
0 Kudos

I'm totally buggin'
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

Yeah, and now I really have to go. I have babysitting duty. Twas a pleasure
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
tigerlilly
0 Kudos

I meant yeah to west coast not yeah to your buggin. Because your not buggin :smileyhappy:
Hey, I just remembered I'm gonna go see Bono give a speech tomorrow. Random, I know. It's a long story. I'll tell you later :smileyhappy:
PAUL'S GRANDFATHER!"
Frequent Contributor
macross
0 Kudos

Mine would be a bat! I love bats or a cat.
On a wing and a prayer.
Frequent Contributor
PEGSmom
0 Kudos

Can patronus's be sea creatures? If so, mine would be a big blue whale
~ PEGSmom~
"It's our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities" Albus Dumbledore
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Mark Twain
Frequent Contributor
macross
0 Kudos

That would be a really big patronus
On a wing and a prayer.
Frequent Contributor
PEGSmom
0 Kudos

That's why I picked it. It can whoop anything....yet its still gentle. :smileyhappy:
~ PEGSmom~
"It's our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities" Albus Dumbledore
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Mark Twain