Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
PEGSmom
0 Kudos

Re: What's Your Patronus?

My vote goes to Superman!

blinkgirl89 wrote:
yeah batman is way better than superman. Batman #1

~ PEGSmom~
"It's our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities" Albus Dumbledore
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Mark Twain
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Mine would be a bottle nosed dolphin. What would the memory that generates your patronus (if it's not too personal?)
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Frequent Contributor
allenctynimrod
0 Kudos

Birth of my children either one would work I'm sure :smileyhappy:.
B&N Bookseller
Thomas_T
0 Kudos

My Patronus would be an Eagle... Ha! Bet you thought I was gonna say COugar huh?
"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds Serenity
" To die will be an awfully big adventure." Peter Pan
Proud Cupcake Eater in service to the Dark Countess
"Live with Honor, act with Integrity, No Regrets"
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

not at all! that would have been too redundant. :smileyhappy: I'm posting the most ridiculous things now. lol. for no reason at all...
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Frequent Contributor
Auror_in_Training
0 Kudos

agnijay wrote:
Mine would be a bottle nosed dolphin. What would the memory that generates your patronus (if it's not too personal?)

My Harry Potter time . . . I loved being in the story. Total Geek! In real life it would have to be my kiddos - theyre awsome!
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Aw. I like the hummingbird idea, tigerlilly. We don't think of them as powerful, but I'm sure their size and speed would be very useful in some tricky situations of some kind!

~ConnieK

tigerlilly wrote:
My patronus would be a humming bird. Small, but quick! Wait...can a potronus be an extinct animal? If so, than mine would be a long neck dinosour(don't know the scientific name).

Good question, Auror!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Oooh. An eagle would look nice in a movie as a patronus, too, wouldn't it. Nice!

~ConnieK

blinkgirl89 wrote:
My patronus would be a eagle. Just because I wish I was as free as an eagle.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
MIssChantler

My patronus would be the hummingbird. Hummingbirds are small, fast (quick witted), determined, capable of looking at the past, and savoring the present, not afraid to move into the future. They symbolize eternity due to their unusual wing pattern. 

Distinguished Correspondent
REXx
0 Kudos

My patronus would be a lion. strong and powerful, yet somewhat graceful.

" To a well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."- Albus Dumbledore

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

[ Edited ]

My patronus would be a wolf. A wolf is a smart, sly, brave and open minded creature like me.

Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

My patronus would be an owl. I love those night owls. heck I am one of them :smileyhappy:

LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Contributor
Rosie1486
0 Kudos

My patronus would be a puppy.  They're smart, loving, and so adorible!!!!!!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

I LOVE vampire books!!!!!!!!!
New User
maxrideFAN

mine would be a fox. sneaky, always thinking, but they love to play

Inspired Scribe
Jules934

Mine would be a sable ferret.  Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

agnijay wrote:

mine would be a gorilla because those things can be scary and they'd be great protection, plus they're pretty cool. and the memory that would genertate my patronus would be the times i've had with my best friend and family. I think I'd have a l strong patrunos because I have a lot of good memories.

don't look back, there is a reason why your past is the past. so if someone didn't make it into your future. that just means that you will find someone better.
dobys_girl_55
0 Kudos

i would hope that my patronus would be a tiger but I would also think that a butterfly patronus would be really  pretty and i dont think i saw one in the movie so it would be unique.  Can you imagine what you would do if your patronus was a snake?  I dont think i would do patronuses very much lol.

You gotta hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because most of lifes lessons are learned because of pain
Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

ill bet voldemorts patronus was a snake... almost no doubt... i just thought, i bet Draco's was a ferret! like in the fourth movie when moody turned malfoy into one, if Draco could, i bet his patronus would look just like that!

don't look back, there is a reason why your past is the past. so if someone didn't make it into your future. that just means that you will find someone better.
dobys_girl_55
0 Kudos

lol if draco can even do a patronus.  im just saying haha

You gotta hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because most of lifes lessons are learned because of pain
Wordsmith
Sheripie55
0 Kudos

lol thats y it says if he could...