Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Contributor
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎06-25-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...


harry_will_live wrote:
ok.....i would rather be on LV's side and spare my best friend

(thinking)

ok got it.............................................................................
would you rather
have someone spoil the ending for you
or....................................................................................
the 7th book never come out



Have someone spoil the ending for me because I want the book to come out.
Ok I got another one
Would you rather see:
Dumbledore come back
OR
See Malfoy get killed by LV accidentally
Contributor
notsosnivellus
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎07-19-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...



HarryPotter26 wrote:

Ok I got another one
Would you rather see:
Dumbledore come back
OR
See Malfoy get killed by LV accidentally




Definitely see Dumbledore come back! It's not going to happen, but it would be pretty sweet. Plus I can't say I want Draco to die, even though his chances of living are slim as it is. The kid's a jerk, but as much as I dislike him, I also pity him.

Which creature would you most like to see play a part in Book 7...

Norbert?

OR

Buckbeak/Witherwings?
Contributor
Lectura_Bard
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎07-17-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...

Wow tough call because I love Dragons and I am fond of Buckbeak. But I would have to say Norbert. Would love to see Norber as and adult dragon.

Would you rather:

See a full out war with the students of Hogwart, teachers and the Order of the Phoenix against LV and the Death Eaters. Magically war.

or

A show down one on one duel between Harry and LV.
Frequent Contributor
midnite_writer
Posts: 107
Registered: ‎06-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...

One wicked battle with Hogwarts, The Order of the Phoenix and the DA vs. LV and his Deatheaters.

Would you rather
Be trapped with Peeves
Or
Moaning myrtle(?)
*-*-*-*-*-*-
The Magic of the Harry Potter series will never die, as long as the books are on our shelves and the characters stay in our hearts.
Frequent Contributor
lrdieter
Posts: 39
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...

Moaning Myrtle, because I don't think I could handle peeves's obnoxiousness...

Let's see here...If you could be a new character in DH would you
Want to work for Hogwarts-->as what
OR
Want to work at the ministry--> as what
The end is almost here.... Long Live Harry and the Gang!!!
Contributor
LionStar
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎05-24-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...



lrdieter wrote:
Moaning Myrtle, because I don't think I could handle peeves's obnoxiousness...

Let's see here...If you could be a new character in DH would you
Want to work for Hogwarts-->as what
OR
Want to work at the ministry--> as what




Work for Hogwarts as DADA teacher.

But still be alive and working there after a year.

Would you rather...

Be a Student at Durmstrang..

A student at Hogwarts

or a Student at Beauxbatons??
Do not be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
Frequent Contributor
tonkshermione
Posts: 99
Registered: ‎06-19-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...



LionStar wrote:


lrdieter wrote:
Moaning Myrtle, because I don't think I could handle peeves's obnoxiousness...

Let's see here...If you could be a new character in DH would you
Want to work for Hogwarts-->as what
OR
Want to work at the ministry--> as what




Work for Hogwarts as DADA teacher.

But still be alive and working there after a year.

Would you rather...

Be a Student at Durmstrang..

A student at Hogwarts

or a Student at Beauxbatons??





Hogwarts definitley
Would you Rather:
eat a cockroach cluster
OR
a blood lollipop :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
hihi
Posts: 573
Registered: ‎06-12-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...



tonkshermione wrote:


LionStar wrote:


lrdieter wrote:
Moaning Myrtle, because I don't think I could handle peeves's obnoxiousness...

Let's see here...If you could be a new character in DH would you
Want to work for Hogwarts-->as what
OR
Want to work at the ministry--> as what




Work for Hogwarts as DADA teacher.

But still be alive and working there after a year.

Would you rather...

Be a Student at Durmstrang..

A student at Hogwarts

or a Student at Beauxbatons??





Hogwarts definitley
Would you Rather:
eat a cockroach cluster
OR
a blood lollipop :smileytongue:







a blood lollipop, b/c blood doesn't really havea taste.


would you rather:

spend the week in the shrieking shack
OR
listen to teh portrait of Sirius's mother shout insults at you in your mind for the rest of your life
Contributor
LionStar
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎05-24-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...

Shrieking Shack.


Would you rather...


Have your bed be a Horcrux or have your bed be a Port-key and it teleports you to Voldemorts house, so you could never sleep on it.

Random, I know :smileyvery-happy:
Do not be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
Frequent Contributor
hihi
Posts: 573
Registered: ‎06-12-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...



LionStar wrote:
Shrieking Shack.


Would you rather...


Have your bed be a Horcrux or have your bed be a Port-key and it teleports you to Voldemorts house, so you could never sleep on it.

Random, I know :smileyvery-happy:





Have it be a horcrux. So then I could burn it!


would you rather:


have your animagus be a ferocious worm
OR
find out that the acne that you woke up with is actually a curse, and can only go away if you confess you DEEPEST secrets
Frequent Contributor
tonkshermione
Posts: 99
Registered: ‎06-19-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...



hihi wrote:


LionStar wrote:
Shrieking Shack.


Would you rather...


Have your bed be a Horcrux or have your bed be a Port-key and it teleports you to Voldemorts house, so you could never sleep on it.

Random, I know :smileyvery-happy:





Have it be a horcrux. So then I could burn it!


would you rather:


have your animagus be a ferocious worm
OR
find out that the acne that you woke up with is actually a curse, and can only go away if you confess you DEEPEST secrets




Wow Lol...Id have to say a worm animagus :smileyvery-happy:

Would you Rather:
Someone tell you who dies while you get your copy of DH
OR
you for some reason cant get the book until a month after it comes out
Frequent Contributor
LiveUrLife
Posts: 43
Registered: ‎07-18-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...

I would rather just wait to find out for myself. The whole book would be ruined if someone told me the ending.

~Would you rather....~

(A) See Harry die in the end of the book
OR
(B) See Ron and Hermione die in the end of the book
Contributor
LionStar
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎05-24-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...

See Harry die.


Would you rather


See Ron and Hermione become a couple


or

Cho and Harry (again)

or

Harry and Ginny (again)

or

Ron and Lavender (again)

in the 7th book of course.
Do not be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
Frequent Contributor
midnite_writer
Posts: 107
Registered: ‎06-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...



LionStar wrote:
See Harry die.


Would you rather


See Ron and Hermione become a couple


or

Cho and Harry (again)

or

Harry and Ginny (again)

or

Ron and Lavender (again)

in the 7th book of course.




Harry and Ginny!!!!
The amount of people attending the Midnight Magic parties exceeded the fire code so they were forced to give otu the books 5 hours early just to get rid of us.
_or_
J.K Rowling decided to make Book 8 (but with "it was all a dream" type ending.)
*-*-*-*-*-*-
The Magic of the Harry Potter series will never die, as long as the books are on our shelves and the characters stay in our hearts.
Contributor
notsosnivellus
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎07-19-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather...



midnite_writer wrote:
Harry and Ginny!!!!
The amount of people attending the Midnight Magic parties exceeded the fire code so they were forced to give otu the books 5 hours early just to get rid of us.
_or_
J.K Rowling decided to make Book 8 (but with "it was all a dream" type ending.)




I'd take the book 5 hours early. An 8th book would be awesome, but not with an "it was all a dream" ending!

Which would you rather own...

a Firebolt?

OR

an invisibility cloak?