Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Re: dear connie, a petition

that Dr Phil post was hilarious you guys! =) well i said i'll be out for two days but i can't help it! im addicted! P.D.D!!!
Dr Phil:nobody is saying that you're crazy (potterfans) but this behavior is highly unusual! i shal give ya'll a dose of Prozac, and chk your conditions regularly...

fan: Dr Phil we definitely are not crazy. we have just been drinking the night away at Rosmerta's , Butterbeer and all! we have decided to not accept any of your treatments.

DrPhil: do you realize this is not real?

Fan: i Realize you have no hair! PETRIFICUS TOTALUS! (bound in a stretcher)
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
kreacher! how could you??? (haha) we'l ny cuz said all this Final Book Mania is a sign thatwe have al grown up, Harry has grown up.time to move on.
dunno why , but being fan for ten yrs is no joke, first time iveever been devoted this much! but i know what you mean tho...

it's just sad,
it was a sad day for all potter fans when JKR decided to make only 7 boks instead 500. (sigh)

Hey Conie! hope you have enough power to over run the ministry of Barnes and Noble! =)

and of course i can quit thisthing if i want to. I just dont want to.

as for getting older. kind of scary when i come to think of it...
and its sad that nothing in life is permanent,
but im hapy i met you guys

Message Edited by mrsronaldweasley on 08-15-2007 01:07 AM
Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Lol-Psychee, shame on you, no Potter fan could become paranoid psychotic!! We are all completely well adjusted,normal people who just happen to have "this 'Harry'little problem". And if if the mental health professionals think we're nutty as squirrel poo, and think it's all in our heads, we can reply "just because it's happening in our heads, doesn't mean it isn't real". Rowling has given us a perfect comeback line!

Psychee wrote:
Wow... all this talk about nursing homes has got me thinking...

When people become paranoid psychotic, they tend to imagine that the really bad guys of their youth or early adult phase are after them... so, people born circa 1920 or so, imagine Nazis coming to get them.... people born in the 40's imagine "Commies" coming to get them... will there come a time when people imagine that "Death Eaters" are after them?

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Mollywobbles wrote:
Lol-Psychee, shame on you, no Potter fan could become paranoid psychotic!! We are all completely well adjusted,normal people who just happen to have "this 'Harry'little problem". And if if the mental health professionals think we're nutty as squirrel poo, and think it's all in our heads, we can reply "just because it's happening in our heads, doesn't mean it isn't real". Rowling has given us a perfect comeback line!

Psychee wrote:
Wow... all this talk about nursing homes has got me thinking...

When people become paranoid psychotic, they tend to imagine that the really bad guys of their youth or early adult phase are after them... so, people born circa 1920 or so, imagine Nazis coming to get them.... people born in the 40's imagine "Commies" coming to get them... will there come a time when people imagine that "Death Eaters" are after them?

Oh, if you only knew... I've seen a number of elderly persons become psychotic with nothing more wrong with them than a urinary tract infection... and these were perfectly well adjusted people before that and they returned to being perfectly well adjusted after their medical illnesses were treated -- but while in the throes of their illness, they were so psychotic that they were put in a state psychiatric hospital by some neophyte doing his residency at the local emergency room who hadn't a clue as to how medical illnesses can present themselves in a geriatric population...

Anyway, I've seen my share of them... they hear voices of the devil or they think the Nazi's are coming, or they think those "Red Commies" are coming, and we're beginning to see a few that think that aliens are coming for them... it's only a matter of time before the Death Eaters show up! :smileyhappy:
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Ok, the fun of this thread has infected me this morning, causing me to sit up straight and ask you addicted Potterphiles, "What would a 'Harry Rehab' look like; what would be the various treatments; where would it be; and would you go?" :smileyvery-happy:

["I doh-wanna go to rehab; no; no; no!" lol.]

~ConnieK
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
PattyBNUChick
0 Kudos

Oh, I'd go alright. Then all the HP addicts would get together, cause a mutiny and go wild, increasing their addiction lol.
But if I were serious about getting help (which I'm NOT yet : ) ), my version of Harry Rehab would be:

Rules:
-No Bertie Botts or any other kind of HP related candies allowed.
-TV room in the general area but no HP movies or any movies involving Gary Oldman or a younger Alan Rickman
-No HP books on the premises. All books will have their covers removed and pages searched for a disguised book.
-
7am - 8am - Breakfast- no Dan Radcliffe Wheaties.
8 - 9 - Yogaish meditation where you have a mantra something like 'Harry Potter is over, get on with it' or 'I do not need Harry Potter to survive'
9 - 10 - A reading from one of the books is given in a large room. Each person is to say to themselves over and over 'Its just a book, its just a series, I can get past this, I can start feeding my dogs and go back to work again, its not even an issue'
11 - 12 - Talk with a personal counsellor about your 'problem'.
12 - 1 - Lunch - No specialty foods listed in the books will be allowed.
1-2 - Anyone discovered remotely thinking about HP and unable to let go through the morning counselling sessions will be taken into a room and beaten with a broomstick about the head.
2-3 Police are called due to the riot.

ConnieK wrote:
Ok, the fun of this thread has infected me this morning, causing me to sit up straight and ask you addicted Potterphiles, "What would a 'Harry Rehab' look like; what would be the various treatments; where would it be; and would you go?" :smileyvery-happy:

~ConnieK

Frequent Contributor
dcsbelle
0 Kudos

LOL! "Harry little problem!" As far as rehab goes--"Hell, no; I won't go!"

Mollywobbles wrote:
Lol-Psychee, shame on you, no Potter fan could become paranoid psychotic!! We are all completely well adjusted,normal people who just happen to have "this 'Harry'little problem". And if if the mental health professionals think we're nutty as squirrel poo, and think it's all in our heads, we can reply "just because it's happening in our heads, doesn't mean it isn't real". Rowling has given us a perfect comeback line
Debbie

Hedwig is not really dead; it was all just a big misunderstanding
Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

I'm with you Debbie, I'll hide out in the hills, they'll never catch me!

dcsbelle wrote:
LOL! "Harry little problem!" As far as rehab goes--"Hell, no; I won't go!"

Mollywobbles wrote:
Lol-Psychee, shame on you, no Potter fan could become paranoid psychotic!! We are all completely well adjusted,normal people who just happen to have "this 'Harry'little problem". And if if the mental health professionals think we're nutty as squirrel poo, and think it's all in our heads, we can reply "just because it's happening in our heads, doesn't mean it isn't real". Rowling has given us a perfect comeback line

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

Ah so many slogans, so little time.

"Just say no to"...Dumbledore, etc.

MADA - Mother's Against Dumbledore's Army

Rehabbers sometimes use ankle bracelets right? Potterphiles would have to wear wrist bracelets that would detect wand movements.

Brooms would no longer be acceptable for household use.

A house siren could go off at the faintest sound of a fake British accent.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

im imagining a potter rehab:
nurse: cmon drink this! this will make you calm down!
patient: what is it????
nurse: it's uhhh (consults potter book) poligamy potion! i mean pollenjuice position!
patient: you're lying to meeeeee! huhuhu! (tears)
Frequent Contributor
stacielynn
0 Kudos

I am definitely suffering from some sort of Harry Potter illness. I am not handling it well either. Just the sight of any other book causes halucinations and uncontrollable drooling.

I can't be anywhere near my Harry Potter books either. I am twitching and passing out when I get anywhere near them.

I hope this isn't contagious. I don't want to give this to you.
StacieLynn

Why does it have to end?

JKR Please write another book series.
Frequent Contributor
BnBookworm
0 Kudos

Actually, I am in mourning right now. (for my friends mom and HP) For HP, I have gooten past Shock, and Anger, and am still in Denial ( I'll tell you when I hit Barganing and Mourning.)
Ninety percent of who you are is invisible
Imagination...is a form of seeing
Frequent Contributor
BnBookworm
0 Kudos

I meant gotten, not gooten.
Ninety percent of who you are is invisible
Imagination...is a form of seeing
Frequent Contributor
jftapia88
0 Kudos

put me on the petiton to keep this place goin too!!! though im not on nearly as much, i still like reading everyones posts. :smileyhappy:
Julie
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

i dont think it's contagious guys... you must read harry and truly understand it's very meaning i think... i remember when JKR mentioned about cursed books (forgot which book) about cursed books that you will not be able to stop reading!
we know your secret now JKR!!!!! now were cursed.. or gifted.

you a witch too! yipee! im such a fan! (foams in the mouth)
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

by the way julie..you dont like HP that much? =(
Frequent Contributor
tonkshermione
0 Kudos

PattyBNUChick wrote:
Oh, I'd go alright. Then all the HP addicts would get together, cause a mutiny and go wild, increasing their addiction lol.
But if I were serious about getting help (which I'm NOT yet : ) ), my version of Harry Rehab would be:

Rules:
-No Bertie Botts or any other kind of HP related candies allowed.
-TV room in the general area but no HP movies or any movies involving Gary Oldman or a younger Alan Rickman
-No HP books on the premises. All books will have their covers removed and pages searched for a disguised book.
-
7am - 8am - Breakfast- no Dan Radcliffe Wheaties.
8 - 9 - Yogaish meditation where you have a mantra something like 'Harry Potter is over, get on with it' or 'I do not need Harry Potter to survive'
9 - 10 - A reading from one of the books is given in a large room. Each person is to say to themselves over and over 'Its just a book, its just a series, I can get past this, I can start feeding my dogs and go back to work again, its not even an issue'
11 - 12 - Talk with a personal counsellor about your 'problem'.
12 - 1 - Lunch - No specialty foods listed in the books will be allowed.
1-2 - Anyone discovered remotely thinking about HP and unable to let go through the morning counselling sessions will be taken into a room and beaten with a broomstick about the head.
2-3 Police are called due to the riot.

ConnieK wrote:

~ConnieK

I can see it now...

*Nurse walks in room and finds patient looking as though they took an overdose of U-No-Poo*

Nurse: What are you doing?

Patient: I'm trying to learn occlumency so yall dont realize ive been reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the 50th time.

Nurse: You did what!?

Patient: Oh no, why did I say that? Who put veritiserum in my pumpkin juice!?
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

Dido on Dr. Phil and Opra! Theyare certainly NOT helping anyone. I'm not gonna submit myself yet (to HP rehab) but i'm willing to bet after a few years and i'm still squealing about the tradgedy that is Sev.s death, and crying myself to sleep at night over Dobby, and of course continuously declaring my undying love for Sirius, that my boyfriend or someone will end up turning me in ("I---don---want---to---go!!!! SIRIUS, SAVE ME!!).

And put me up on the list! It cannot end! I refuse to let it end!
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

we shall not let it end guys!
we shall petrificus totalus everyone who stands in our way!!
(mad face)
and i shall cry and lead the rally "we are not crazy y'all!"

we all miss serious siriusly. ..
Frequent Contributor
hprocks2121
0 Kudos

i'm just throwing out a few things here.
1. i hate when people say 'ew you like harry potter, that is so nerdy!' and i say 'shut up, ur just jealous of hardcore readers like me.'
2.i have 14 copies of the books. double of some of them. i went through at least 1 set as a kid because i 'read them to death,' literally!
3. I'M GOING TO SEE JK ROWLING DO A READING AT CARNEGIE HALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ooh, cookies!"-Meg Mooney
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. --Ferris Beuller