Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
dragon560

if you could visit hogwarts for one day,where would you go.

I would probably go to one the class rooms because that where they go to do all there magic.:smileytongue:
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Re: if you could visit hogwarts for one day,where would you go.

I would go right up to Dumbledore's Office and refuse to leave until I learned what each of those delicate silver instruments did!

Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles

I would go to as many places as I could during the time allotted.  I'd start with the common rooms of all 4 Houses (we never did get to see the Hufflepuff common room), I'd visit the DADA classroom and the Potions classroom and the Room of Requirement.  Down to the kitchen to visit with the House Elves for a while, followed by lunch in the Great Hall.  Up to the Headmaster's office for a peek in the pensive and a chat with the Sorting Hat.  Down through Myrtle's bathroom for a look at the Chamber of Secrets, followed by a dip in the Prefect's tub.  Then, if I still had time, I'd want to see the herbology greenhouses and Hagrid's house.  I think I'd steer clear of the dark forest, although I'd kind of like a ride on a hippogriff or a thestral-kind of get the aerial view of the place.  Finally, before they kicked me out, I'd like to see the astronomy tower as the sun went down. 

I'd also like to see where McGonagall lives-I've always been curious about the private rooms of the teachers, but I may be too tired from climbing all those stairs! 

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Ooh. Another good topic question! 

Let's see, on my "tour" I'd ask to see:

* Dumbledore's office

* The Great Hall

* Hagrid's Hut

* Harry's chambers -- i.e. Gryffindor House Common Room and dorm rooms

* Library (including the "Restricted Section")!

* Owlery & the Tower (where DD, well, you know!)

* Potions classroom

* Room of Requirement (to make it anything I'd like!)

* Forbidden Forest!

* Room with the Mirror of Erised

I'm sure I'll think of other places!

That's what they should do in the theme park--just make a giant replica of Hogwarts castle and grounds and let people roam around!

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
Alb_83
0 Kudos

Well, it's not easy.... There are a lot of places I'd like to visit:

• Library
  • The Chamber of Secrets
  • Room of Requirement  
  • Severus Piton's potions classroom
  • The Great Hall
  • the Quidditch arena
  • Prefects' bathroom
  • Hogwarts' lake (a dive in the cold water after eating a gillyweed)
  • Three Wizard Tournament's Labyrinth
  • all the secret passages that Harry finds in the Marauders Map

is it possible to visit every single corner of the Castle? :smileyhappy: maybe with Dumbledore's time- turners! :smileytongue:
Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ooh, so many places I'd like to go...

• the library (restricted section first!)
  • the Great Hall (hopefully pick up some good food while i'm there)
  • prefect's bathroom
  • Dumbledore's office !
  • Greenhouse 3 (with all the interesting and slightly dangerous plants)
  • Hagrid's hut (for some of Hagrid's treacle fudge to glue my mouth shut)
  • Trelawney's Tower (maybe predict my impending demise...)
  • Snape's Dungeon
  • All the common rooms
  • Chamber of Secrets
  • the kitchens (but it wouldn't be the same without dobby..)
  • have a quick fly around the quidditch field
  • Hogsmeade to go to Honeydukes & The Three Broomsticks

Message Edited by twilightfann on 04-18-2009 04:34 PM
The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
-The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

I would go everywhere in Hogwarts! Yay!
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Frequent Contributor
Lalo
0 Kudos

although I would like to visit all that you've all listed, I dont think a day would be enough so I'd spend my day in the headmasters office so I could spend the day talking to the portraits of DD & Snape.
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm

Oh this is a great question. Hmm I would like to take a ride on the horseless carriages, then to the Great Hall, I would also like to visit the Common Room and the Quidditch field. I would love to visit each teachers office. Dumbledores office too. The kitchen would be a great place to find out more things that we didn't get to read about. Oh and the library, and the room of requirement. 
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

hmmm.... that's definately hard.. I don't think I'd be able to choose! There are too many places I'd want to see.... but I would want to go to the Common Rooms, the Room of Requirement, Headmaster(or mistress)'s office, Hagrid's Hut, the Chamber of Secrets, and Quiddich field. and right after I post this I'll probably remember a million other places I want to go see :smileyhappy:
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

"I cannot live without books."
Thomas Jefferson
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

A scuba dive in the Lake would be pretty cool as well!  I'd have to remember to bring a wetsuit as well, though, and figure out how to deal with all the Dark creatures without the use of a wand.
Frequent Contributor
mrsRW
0 Kudos

SCUBA DIVE IN THE LAKE???? Okay first of all I am TERRIFIED of the giant squid? OKAY??? But yeah it would be definitely fascinating to see the mermaids! I think they're the only harmless creature in the lake, did you guys ever realize that?

If I came to Hogwarts? Oh gosh.. I would definitely leave home around 8 am? Perhaps, I'll arrive at Hogwarts and roam the grounds first? First things first! Here's my list:

1: Visit Hagrid's house. I wonder what it feels like drinking tea from those giant mugs. I'll tell him how I love reading about him and Harry and the gang and Harid would have TOJ (Tears of joy) dripping from his eyes. He would give me a puch just like he gave Harry's! And would gladly refuse a rock cake.

2: Lunchtime: Oh gosh I'll visit the Great Hall!  it would be wonderful feeling so hungry and then seeing a great variety of foods appear magically in front of you! I'll try a bit of everything. And stare at the teachers ala Collin Creevey looking at HP! 

3. I'll try to penetrate the Ravenclaw house just for the fun of it! I'll talk to the door and see if I am smart enough to gain entrance! LOL! But regardless I'll be sleeping at my bunk at Gryffindor's !

~*We'll do it all, everything, on our own. We don't need anything or anyone. I don't quite know how to say how I feel. Those three words are said too much. They're not enough. Let's waste time. I need your grace to remind me to find my own.*~
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

The Giant Squid just sounds menacing, MrsRW.  When the younger Creevey boy fell into the lake, though, the Squid put him back in the boat.   Sounds pretty tame to me!

mrsRW wrote:

SCUBA DIVE IN THE LAKE???? Okay first of all I am TERRIFIED of the giant squid? OKAY??? But yeah it would be definitely fascinating to see the mermaids! I think they're the only harmless creature in the lake, did you guys ever realize that?

Contributor
Sailem
0 Kudos

i would looove to visit the room of requirement...or the champer of secrets.
Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

And weren't Fred & George tickling its tentacles one day when the squid was basking in the shallows of the lake?  I think I'd be more frightened of the Grindylows.
Psychee wrote:

The Giant Squid just sounds menacing, MrsRW.  When the younger Creevey boy fell into the lake, though, the Squid put him back in the boat.   Sounds pretty tame to me!

mrsRW wrote:

Frequent Contributor
mrsRW
0 Kudos

you know psychee and wobbles always comment on my replies to correct me. mrs, rw it's this and that. but you now how mothers are!I missed your lectures guys!! Oh the memories....

I remember those scenes of course, I just am petrified of a lot of animals okay? I bet I would lose a match with a toad even if you gave me a wand to save my life. 

dont judge me! 

~*We'll do it all, everything, on our own. We don't need anything or anyone. I don't quite know how to say how I feel. Those three words are said too much. They're not enough. Let's waste time. I need your grace to remind me to find my own.*~
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

ID GO TO THE KITCHENS!!!

then the quidditch pitch

hagrids hut

the transfiguration room

all of the common rooms

dumbledores office

filches office (haah id go through all of the records...)

snapes private stores closet thing (just to tick him off)

great hall

library (id bring some chocolate with me..lol)

dada room

potions room

chamber of secrets/moning murtles lav

astronomy tower

yah know what?

i might as well live there..

"We could do pizza."
Frequent Contributor
mrsRW
0 Kudos

moaning myrtle's lav?? Uh. no thanks. LOL! :smileyhappy:
Correspondent
Stewies_Mom
0 Kudos

I think your response is great!  I'd like to second them!

mrsRW wrote:

If I came to Hogwarts? Oh gosh.. I would definitely leave home around 8 am? Perhaps, I'll arrive at Hogwarts and roam the grounds first? First things first! Here's my list:

1: Visit Hagrid's house. I wonder what it feels like drinking tea from those giant mugs. I'll tell him how I love reading about him and Harry and the gang and Harid would have TOJ (Tears of joy) dripping from his eyes. He would give me a puch just like he gave Harry's! And would gladly refuse a rock cake.

2: Lunchtime: Oh gosh I'll visit the Great Hall!  it would be wonderful feeling so hungry and then seeing a great variety of foods appear magically in front of you! I'll try a bit of everything. And stare at the teachers ala Collin Creevey looking at HP! 

3. I'll try to penetrate the Ravenclaw house just for the fun of it! I'll talk to the door and see if I am smart enough to gain entrance! LOL! But regardless I'll be sleeping at my bunk at Gryffindor's !

Correspondent
Stewies_Mom
0 Kudos

Can I visit Diagon Alley instead?  I'd really like to go to Ollivander's to get measured for a wand.  I'm thinking how much it might tickle to get my nostrils measured!  I'd love to visit every store there, but I'll skip Knockturn Alley!