Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

"Harry Potter: The Exhibition"--Coming Soon to a Museum Near You!

[ Edited ]

See this article in the Chicago Tribune.

Anybody here live near Chicago?  :smileywink:

Message Edited by ConnieK on 12-12-2008 12:49 PM
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Re: "Harry Potter: The Exhibition"--Coming Soon to a Museum Near You!

I used to live there... that's one of my favorite museums in the whole world.  

The article said that it will appear in three other American cities as well...  I wonder which ones.....  New York, maybe? 

Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

that sounds pretty cool! I live somewhat close to Chicago, so maybe my cousin could take me or something. do you know where else it's going to be?
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

"I cannot live without books."
Thomas Jefferson
New User
floristic
0 Kudos

I guess that I will have to have my husband and I go visit the sister to see the exihbit or see where the other locations are going to be. Hopefully it might be in Minneaplois. :smileyhappy:
Floristic
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

floristic wrote:
I guess that I will have to have my husband and I go visit the sister to see the exihbit or see where the other locations are going to be. Hopefully it might be in Minneaplois. :smileyhappy:

Welcome, floristic!  What I wasn't clear on from the article was if these artifacts were actually used in the films, or not.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Cool! I live 20 minutes from the city. I LOVE Chicago. It's my favorite place to be in pretty much the whole world. (And I've been to a lot of places) I even like it better than Hawaii. And since my dad thinks JKR is a genius, I might actually go to that.
Message Edited by agnijay on 12-29-2008 03:00 PM
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Reader
kcacciotti
0 Kudos

Oh my gosh I am so excited. I live 2 and a half hours away but I am totally going to see this. Do you think they would mind if I came in costume??? I am a griffindor who is actually a slytherin at heart lol. My cloak is lines in green satin and my nana made me a gryffindor scarf.  I cannot wait 
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

kcacciotti wrote:
Oh my gosh I am so excited. I live 2 and a half hours away but I am totally going to see this. Do you think they would mind if I came in costume??? I am a griffindor who is actually a slytherin at heart lol. My cloak is lines in green satin and my nana made me a gryffindor scarf.  I cannot wait 

Welcome, kcacciotti, and Happy New Year!  You might check it out further to see if they have something like a grand opening day for the exhibit, etc.  You just might see people in costumes there that day!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
kraziekatie24
0 Kudos

when i saw this i was like OMG YES!

but i live no where near chicago

if it comes to NY i'll go

-Kate

Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons why I should be the one you chose. Those other girls, well, they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?

hisgoldeneyesmesmorizedme

book nerd. music freak. movie fanatic.
major obsesser over so many things.

I love to read and write poetry/lyrics and short stories. The layers of music fascinates me. Someday, I want to do movie soundtracks, maybe, or teach. The book to movie transition fascinates me to the extreme. I've been mesmorized by the way Harry Potter and Twilight and so many others have been brought into movies is something I think I would love to do.
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

I would love for it to come to minneapolis or even better Rochester mn!!!
"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Chicago's Museum of Science &  Industry will host "Harry Potter:  The Exhibition" from April 30 to September 27, 2009.  For more details, see here!
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Re: "Harry Potter: The Exhibition"

Thought ya'll might enjoy reading this account, with pictures, of a person who just went to see the Harry Potter Exhibition in Chicago.  I admit--the account sure made me want to go! 

If any HPBC members do go, I hope you'll report back to us, please?  :smileyvery-happy: 

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

Re: "Harry Potter: The Exhibition"

ohhh... I want to go. That looks so awesome! I love those pictures too.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

"I cannot live without books."
Thomas Jefferson
Correspondent
Stewies_Mom
0 Kudos

The article mentions that this exhibit will only be shown in 4 US cities...  I hope Los Angeles will be one of them.  Too bad the article didn't mention the other locations.  I searched for it on Google, but was unsuccessful at anything other than the Chicago exhibit location.  If any other posters find information on the other 3 cities, please post it for us all!

I loved the article written by the person who did go see it in Chicago.  What a great review and I really enjoyed the writers' style!  It makes me all the more interested in viewing it.  Too bad Chicago is no where near Los Angeles! 

Contributor
MacrossPR
0 Kudos

Well I know for a fact I wont get to see this. I live no where near any major US cities. In fact no where near the North America continent.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Stewies_Mom wrote:

The article mentions that this exhibit will only be shown in 4 US cities...  I hope Los Angeles will be one of them.  Too bad the article didn't mention the other locations.  I searched for it on Google, but was unsuccessful at anything other than the Chicago exhibit location.  If any other posters find information on the other 3 cities, please post it for us all!

I loved the article written by the person who did go see it in Chicago.  What a great review and I really enjoyed the writers' style!  It makes me all the more interested in viewing it.  Too bad Chicago is no where near Los Angeles! 

Gee, Stewies_Mom--I would think if it's only going to be in 4 U.S. cities that L.A. would be one of them, don't you?  Seems like Chicago, L.A., NYC, and maybe somewhere in the south, like Atlanta or Houston, or maybe D.C.?  But, we speculate...
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

ConnieK wrote:

Stewies_Mom wrote:

Gee, Stewies_Mom--I would think if it's only going to be in 4 U.S. cities that L.A. would be one of them, don't you?  Seems like Chicago, L.A., NYC, and maybe somewhere in the south, like Atlanta or Houston, or maybe D.C.?  But, we speculate...

Probably Atlanta or Fort Lauderdale  those are the most common museum stops.

Correspondent
Stewies_Mom
0 Kudos

Well, Connie,

I certainly hope Los Angeles will be on the list... but I try never to be overconfident!  To be confident about an unnamed city feels like an assumption to me, and we all know what they say about assuming! 

If it comes to Los Angeles, I will definitely be there even if I have to go alone!  I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

ConnieK wrote:

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Stewies_Mom wrote:

Well, Connie,

I certainly hope Los Angeles will be on the list... but I try never to be overconfident!  To be confident about an unnamed city feels like an assumption to me, and we all know what they say about assuming! 

If it comes to Los Angeles, I will definitely be there even if I have to go alone!  I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

Oh, I didn't say I was confident about my guesses, SM--I'm just speculating like anybody else!  Ha.  :smileyvery-happy:

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

It's official! I'm going the same day the movie comes out; my dad's cousins are taking me. We'll go downtown to the AMC theatre and watch it, then we'll go to the exhibit. Plus, we're members, so it's all good. I'm so excited! I'll post back as soon as I come back.
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.