Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
3Liesl69
0 Kudos

"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" Movie

Last October, I read interviews from Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson that they started filming "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." Then at New Year's Eve, I also heard that the movie should be ready for release in November 2008. probably for the weekend after Thanksgiving. Is this information correct? Has anybody heard any more about it?

Would anyone also happen to know when "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" would be filmed and released as well? Would you please be so kind as to tell me what you've heard? I am really looking forward to seeing these movies, especially if they follow the books as well as "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" was followed.

Thank you for your help with this.

3-Liesl-69
3-Liesl-69
Frequent Contributor
hihi
0 Kudos

Re: "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" Movie

3Liesl69 wrote:
Last October, I read interviews from Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson that they started filming "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." Then at New Year's Eve, I also heard that the movie should be ready for release in November 2008. probably for the weekend after Thanksgiving. Is this information correct? Has anybody heard any more about it?

Would anyone also happen to know when "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" would be filmed and released as well? Would you please be so kind as to tell me what you've heard? I am really looking forward to seeing these movies, especially if they follow the books as well as "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" was followed.

Thank you for your help with this.

3-Liesl-69

Hey! There used to be a thread up here about an interview with the cast on the set. But I don't know where it is. And I too, have heard that it will be released around November. As far as the Deathly Hallows thing (or DH for short) goes, I heard that Emma Watson signed up for 2 more HP movies, which I took as HPB adn DH.
Contributor
FionaBR3
0 Kudos

Hey, I don't know if it means in theatres or on video and DVD, but based on your information I'd say it's theatres. At IMBD it says HP6 comes out in 2008 and HP7 comes out in 2010.
Frequent Contributor
hprocks2121
0 Kudos

yes, i've heard rumors about it. but they usually come out right before or after thanksgiving, so that people see it during the holidays.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. --Ferris Beuller
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

I wonder who they are going to cast in the role of Narcissa in the final movie... Of all the characters, she is one whose image is very vivid in my imagination... yet I can't think of a single actress who would fit that picture...
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Honestly, im imagining someone like ..Nicole Kidman. But I know its not possible
Number one: she’s not brit
Number two: she’s probably too big of A star to be in a HP movie
What do you think?
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Frequent Contributor
macross
0 Kudos

She has been cast already, I cant recall who it is though.
On a wing and a prayer.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Who are the new characters introduced in the book again? I mean characters we haven’t seen on screen I mean..
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Frequent Contributor
blinkgirl89
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
the actress that is going to play is named Helen McCrory. i have no idea who that is but that is who is going to play Narcissa. i wonder if Bill is finally going to come out in this movie.
and a new character that i can remember right now is Slughorn.

Message Edited by blinkgirl89 on 01-29-2008 03:33 PM
LAKERS 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"PIGFARTS, IS ON MARS"
Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

isn't Michael Corner new? I think he's one of the guys that either Hermione or Ginny date for awhile. or maybe that was a different book.

doesn't one of the older Weasley kids come in too? I think it's Bill because he gets engaged to Fluer

thats all I can think of now
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

"I cannot live without books."
Thomas Jefferson
Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Yes, funnily enough, Helen McCrory is Narcissa Malfoy. She was originally cast as Bellatrix Lestrange for OotP, but had to sign off on that part due to pregnancy. She signed on in November. If you saw the movie The Queen, you saw her as Tony Blair's wife, Cherie Blair.

And Bill has to be in HBP or at least the end of HBP. He fights with Fenrir Greyback, and Fenrir almost killed him. Maimed his face quite a bit.

Message Edited by Kreacherteacher on 01-29-2008 06:20 PM
Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

I just saw The Queen recently, and somehow I cannot translate that actress into the role of Narcissa. Like Psychee, I have a very clear mental image of Narcissa. If you remember the old TV series, The Addams Family, I picture Narcissa as a sort of blonde Morticia-I think the actress was Carolyn Jones.

Kreacherteacher wrote:
Yes, funnily enough, Helen McCrory is Narcissa Malfoy. She was originally cast as Bellatrix Lestrange for OotP, but had to sign off on that part due to pregnancy. She signed on in November. If you saw the movie The Queen, you saw her as Tony Blair's wife, Cherie Blair.

And Bill has to be in HBP or at least the end of HBP. He fights with Fenrir Greyback, and Fenrir almost killed him. Maimed his face quite a bit.

Message Edited by Kreacherteacher on 01-29-2008 06:20 PM

Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

I wonder if the actor who played young Tom Riddle in the COS film will be back as young Tom in some of the pensieve scenes. If they include all the pensieve scenes, the age span will go from 11 to 20 something.
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Mollywobbles wrote:
I just saw The Queen recently, and somehow I cannot translate that actress into the role of Narcissa. Like Psychee, I have a very clear mental image of Narcissa. If you remember the old TV series, The Addams Family, I picture Narcissa as a sort of blonde Morticia-I think the actress was Carolyn Jones.

Oh, yes... perfect imagery... a blonde Morticia! Love it!
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

It's odd, isn't it, how we develop these mental images of characters in books? I expect that in HPB, the film, they will introduce Slughorn (unless the script dementors find a way to eliminate him). My mental picture of Slughorn ressembles the British actor from the 1930s and 1940s or so, Nigel Bruce. If anyone has seen the Sherlock Holmes films starring Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce played Dr. Watson to Rathbone's Holmes. Bruce's Watson is rather overstuffed, a little stuffy, but very genial and hearty. I can't think of a current British actor who would fill the bill quite as nicely. The difficulty then arises, since I have this mental picture of Nigel Bruce as Slughorn, nobody will measure up to my mental image of Sluggie.

Psychee wrote:

Mollywobbles wrote:

Oh, yes... perfect imagery... a blonde Morticia! Love it!

Frequent Contributor
hprocks2121
0 Kudos

i kind of pictured sluggy as paul sr. from american choppers... without the tatoos.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. --Ferris Beuller
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

I heard the movie is being released on November 21st, they day after my birthday!
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Mollywobbles wrote:
It's odd, isn't it, how we develop these mental images of characters in books? I expect that in HPB, the film, they will introduce Slughorn (unless the script dementors find a way to eliminate him). My mental picture of Slughorn ressembles the British actor from the 1930s and 1940s or so, Nigel Bruce. If anyone has seen the Sherlock Holmes films starring Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce played Dr. Watson to Rathbone's Holmes. Bruce's Watson is rather overstuffed, a little stuffy, but very genial and hearty. I can't think of a current British actor who would fill the bill quite as nicely. The difficulty then arises, since I have this mental picture of Nigel Bruce as Slughorn, nobody will measure up to my mental image of Sluggie.

Nigel Bruce would have been PERFECT for the role!

The movie Dementors, lol, threw me a curve when I first saw their idea of what Mrs. Figg looked like. I had this image in mind of a woman like "Aunt Clara" of the old "Betwitched" TV show, but not so befuddled...
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

Aunt Clara would have been perfect, Psychee! Instead of cat food tins in her bag, it would have been doorknobs though!

Psychee wrote:

Mollywobbles wrote:

Nigel Bruce would have been PERFECT for the role!

The movie Dementors, lol, threw me a curve when I first saw their idea of what Mrs. Figg looked like. I had this image in mind of a woman like "Aunt Clara" of the old "Betwitched" TV show, but not so befuddled...