Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Re: the psychee--eecs network

Sirius would not have been able to transform in prison if that transformation required a wand, so I think you are right... once a person has become an Animagi they don't need a wand to transform into or revert back from their Animagus form. But making someone else transform would require the use of a wand.

The movie goofed, but like you said, what else is new? lol..

On the Voldemort wand thing, even JKR said that the idea of a rat carrying around a wand was far-fetched, but that was how she imagined it...
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Good question! Here’s what’s confusing though.. it has been what 13 years since the disappearance of Pettigrew and voldemort?

So let’s go back to the night at the potter’s . of course I assume people would turn up to see the commotion. IF voldemort left a body. They would’ve done something about it buried him and it would be logical for them to get his wand too.
I would’ve thought somebody like Dumbledore or someone from the order or the ministry confiscated the wands and took care of the bodies or something..

So how did Pettigrew know that the wand is still at the potters?

I wish harry entered the house. If voldemort’s wand was still in there , james and lilly’s wand should be in there too…
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

That was the reason we believed that Scabbers got the wand right after the Potters were killed, before anyone else went into the room.

The Potters' wands were probably buried with them... I believe that was the custom.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

You think?so.. all his life pretending to be a rat he had the wands with hiM?
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

mrsronaldweasley wrote:
You think?so.. all his life pretending to be a rat he had the wands with hiM?

No, he had the wand hidden somewhere, and just before he went to go find Voldemort, he retrieved it.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

This is why I need to ask psycheee… lol thanks!
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

oh, psychee! where are you? I've a question! :smileyhappy:

What was Narcissa's maiden name? Black? Do we even know?
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

I think Psychee is taking a well deserved break, so I'll field this one.

Narcissa's maiden name was indeed Black. She and her sisters, Bellatrix and Andromeda were the children of Cygnus Black and Druella Rosier Black. Don't you love the name Druella-sounds like Cruella from 1001 Dalmatians.

ABI wrote:

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Mollywobbles wrote:
I think Psychee is taking a well deserved break, so I'll field this one.

Narcissa's maiden name was indeed Black. She and her sisters, Bellatrix and Andromeda were the children of Cygnus Black and Druella Rosier Black. Don't you love the name Druella-sounds like Cruella from 1001 Dalmatians.

ABI wrote:

Thank you, Mollywobbles!
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Hi miss row---psycheeee… just wanted to say hi.
Lol!