Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Symphony_Of_Destruction
0 Kudos

what if....

what if Voldemort also was able to survive the killing curse.

and he returned to kill harry once and for all...

think it's possible?
Frequent Contributor
iheartbooks
0 Kudos

Re: what if....

nahhh i dont see it happening...the only reason harry survived the killing curse was because his mother was there to protect him & give her life for him. which acted as a sort of protective charm for harry, but seeing as no one loved tom riddle aka lord voldemort...there was no love/protective charm for him which means he really did die (:
your heart is my pinata
Frequent Contributor
stacielynn
0 Kudos

Hmmm, this is a tough one... WOW

I am not even nearly finished with my book so I can honestly say that with JKR you never know what is coming up. I have already been very surprised by the last book and I am sure there are more surprises coming around with each page of the book.

Maybe Voldemort can survive a killing curse but I really hope this is not true.
StacieLynn

Why does it have to end?

JKR Please write another book series.
New User
Symphony_Of_Destruction
0 Kudos

just figured it would be an interesting twist.

perhaps one of the deatheaters find the only way to revive the dead...

i just don't want the book to end :[
Contributor
Hope_at_last
0 Kudos

i agree, my friend thinks that the series should continune, only it will be about the kids!!!
Frequent Contributor
hihi
0 Kudos

Symphony_Of_Destruction wrote:
just figured it would be an interesting twist.

perhaps one of the deatheaters find the only way to revive the dead...

i just don't want the book to end :[

Well, JKR has said that you annot revive teh dead. But, they could find the stone as one was rushing out to escape. And can bring the "forms" of Voldemort and Bella back to do his bidding.....
New User
Laura2608
0 Kudos

well.. its a possiblity. I've heard and know that authors put their characters to heck and back so, you could never tell. I think if it actually DID happen though, Ms. Rowling would have a LOT of hate mail.. or a least very sad sad readers.

I would be one of them.

GO HARRY!!
"The only problem with reality is that there is no background music"
Frequent Contributor
valeriefrankel
0 Kudos

And spent 19 years not bothering to make Harry's scar hurt? Maybe he's in ALbania, making Victor Krum his new nemesis.
Valerie Frankel
Author of Henry Potty and the Pet Rock:
An Unauthorized Harry Potter Parody
www.HarryPotterParody.com
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

This message has been moved to a more appropriate location. This helps to keep our boards organized.

Frequent Contributor
LaurenKondrat
0 Kudos

I wasn't a big fan of the epilogue or the ending in general. Hate me for it if you want, but I just really believe that he needed to die if it was going to be an end. The problem with Harry Potter is and always has been the end. If J.K had killed him off, there would be no more for us to long for. But with an epilogue, readers still want to know, because he still exists.

I really hope this whole ending wasn't something JK was persuaded to do so that companies can make billions off of the Potter Junior series (the adventures of Lilly, James and Albus....)

As far as the ending though, it is arguable. When I finished, I felt like it wasn't done because part of Voldemort lived in Harry, so wouldn't he still be alive. A friend disagreed, explaining to me that when Harry "died" and had the conversation with Dumbledore in the room, and there was the quivering being in the corner, that that being was that voldemort part of Harry dying. I felt kind of stupid that I didn't think about it that way. So since Harry was willing to die for the cause, Voldy dies too, but does not get to wake up and try again like Harry. So even though I don't agree with the ending, I do thought it was done well.