Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

what to read after harry potter?

we all know that harry potter is the ultimate series, but there must be something that is almost as good. so my question is what should i read next if i love harry potter?
"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Re: what to read after harry potter?

This question has been asked many times on this board, so I am happy to point you in the direction of multiple answers in other threads:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/bn/board/message?board.id=HarryPotter&thread.id=23442&jump=true 

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/bn/board/message?board.id=HarryPotter&thread.id=48479&jump=true 

There are other threads devoted to this topic as well, but these two are most recent, I think!  In them, you should find a wide variety of suggestions of other enjoyable books.

Happy reading!

Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

ok cool...thank you so much i'm going to go check them out right now :]
"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Inspired Contributor
AlejandroOchoa
0 Kudos

Come to think of it, Harry Potter is the only thing that I ever enjoyed reading.

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

AlejandroOchoa wrote:

Come to think of it, Harry Potter is the only thing that I ever enjoyed reading.

Oh, Alejandro!  This makes me sad!  There are MANY, MANY wonderful books out there!  You just can't read them expecting to have the same kind of reading experience every time.  You have to stay open-minded and willing to explore and have OTHER great reading experiences!  :smileysad:

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Reader-Moderator
agnijay

You should visit this website, it's great. I hope I entered it in right, it should open up in a new window.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Inspired Contributor
AlejandroOchoa
0 Kudos

agnijay wrote:

You should visit this website, it's great. I hope I entered it in right, it should open up in a new window.

A blank page comes up. And Connie,do you have any suggestions? Maybe some you have read before?

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

The link worked for me.  Here, try this one instead:  http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/search 

Alejandro, we have at least two different threads on the board where people have talked about books to read after Harry Potter.  Try searching "after Harry Potter" to see if you can locate the threads that way.

Jaya, that is a really cool site -- thanks!

Inspired Contributor
AlejandroOchoa
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:

The link worked for me.  Here, try this one instead:  http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/search 

Alejandro, we have at least two different threads on the board where people have talked about books to read after Harry Potter.  Try searching "after Harry Potter" to see if you can locate the threads that way.

Jaya, that is a really cool site -- thanks!

That led me to it but when I clicked on search there was a proxy error or something.

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I think you get that if you just put "harry Potter" in the search.  Put the whole title -- Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince -- and "Rowling" and see if it works for you.

Then try this link - there are 13 pages of suggestions:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Harry-Potter/A-Reading-List-Harry-and-Beyond/m-p/56363 

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Psychee wrote:

I think you get that if you just put "harry Potter" in the search.  Put the whole title -- Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince -- and "Rowling" and see if it works for you.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Harry-Potter/A-Reading-List-Harry-and-Beyond/m-p/56363 

This link worked for me, Alejandro.  Hopefully, you'll find something there that jumps out at you.  In the meantime, I'll think about a suggestion.  Oh, wait--have you read Jane Yolen's Wizard's Hall?  It was written before Harry Potter, but it has a lot of similarities--you'll be surprised, I think, to see that Ms. Yolen thought of a few of the things we later see at Hogwarts way before Ms. Rowling did!  I know I was.   :smileywink:

Wizard's Hall 

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Inspired Contributor
AlejandroOchoa
0 Kudos

ConnieK wrote:

Psychee wrote:

This link worked for me, Alejandro.  Hopefully, you'll find something there that jumps out at you.  In the meantime, I'll think about a suggestion.  Oh, wait--have you read Jane Yolen's Wizard's Hall?  It was written before Harry Potter, but it has a lot of similarities--you'll be surprised, I think, to see that Ms. Yolen thought of a few of the things we later see at Hogwarts way before Ms. Rowling did!  I know I was.   :smileywink:

Wizard's Hall 

Great! I'll check it out!

Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

AlejandroOchoa wrote:

Great! I'll check it out!

Let us know what you think about WIZARD'S HALL, Alejandro, if you get to read it.  The similarities are really uncanny when you think Jane Yolen wrote it YEARS before HP.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
New User
----kelsey----
0 Kudos

Inspired Scribe
Jules934
0 Kudos

What to read????  That's easy....read them again.  You'll discover a lot of things you missed the first time around.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Yeah, that's happened to me all the times I reread the series. Or I just forget.

New User
readerauth7
0 Kudos

Re: what to read after harry potter? Sons of Caasi

Try:

Sons of Caasi "Battle for Time":  go to www.sonsofcaasi.com

Short Description:

Two born...one chosen.  A cryptic prophecy and a father's resolution lead to an epic battle between brothers, where one must choose between his own end and time's beginning.

sons of caasi

New User
breyns605
0 Kudos

try Septimus Heap its a series of 6 books my daughter loved them.

Frequent Contributor
wisdombunny
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

i am wonering the same question

New User
weasleylover06
0 Kudos

Ugh. You have no idea how many times I've asked that question, mate.

"One person can't feel all that at once, they'd explode."
"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have."--Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger
HPOTP