Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
wicked3
0 Kudos

which is your favorite character? and book?

i'll sayGinny Weasley and every one of them
Contributor
Bkworm4Life
0 Kudos

Re: which is your favorite character? and book?

I'd have to say my favorite is the Half Blood Prince because it is hilarious.  I think this is the funniest of J.K.'s series.  

The three main characters--Harry, Hermione & Ron--are my favorite (it's difficult to pick one because I think they're great together) 

New User
ViaAriel
0 Kudos

I will always be in love with Ron.  He's real and sincere

Favorite book:  three-way tie between Prisoner of Azkaban, Order of the Phoenix, and Deathly Hallows. 

Frequent Contributor
wicked3
0 Kudos

thanks for stopping by!

please leave more

Contributor
Sammah

Sirius Black by far.

I can't pick between Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix. I loved them both.

Oh, come on. You heard them, just behind the veil, didn't you? They were just lurking out of sight, that's all.
-Luna Lovegood, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
New User
ginevra4
0 Kudos

Absolutely Deathly Hallows but i love them all. Harry is my favorite character.
Frequent Contributor
VetPuppy
0 Kudos

I absolutly love The Half-Blood Prince, and My fave characters are Fred and George
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

I have long loved Cedric Diggory. And my favorite book was the 7th minus the epilogue.

(DH - Epilogue = Perfection)

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Frequent Contributor
wicked3
0 Kudos

agnijay wrote:

I have long loved Cedric Diggory. And my favorite book was the 7th minus the epilogue.

(DH - Epilogue = Perfection)

I am not going against you but the Epilogue was my favorite. Cedric was a nice guy
Frequent Contributor
marisab20

oh i absolutely loved the epilogue!! it makes me cry every time time because it is the very end of the series. i love all the books except the 3rd book.

idk who my fav character...i like harry, ginny, and snape(but not until the end of the 7th book)

You know you love me,
Marisa
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

I love Ron and the my favorite book would have to be Order of the Phoenix.. 
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Contributor
Selber44
0 Kudos

Ginny, I think. 

All of the books, of course, but the last three probably top the list.  Though that changes depending on my mood and which ones I've re-read most recently. 

And I, too, loved the epilogue.  I found it very satisfying for some reason.

"Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational theory for lunatics who think they're Gods and an excellent argument for polytheism."
SM Stirling
New User
artistry7
0 Kudos

My favorite characters are Harry , Dumbledore, Luna , and Hermione.  My favorite book is definetly Deathly Hallows.

Frequent Contributor
the_holy_catfish
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Snape is my favorite character, mainly because he is so complex. I came to really appreciate Dumbledore's character too, during the course of DH.

But Luna is adorable.

Message Edited by the_holy_catfish on 03-13-2009 10:51 AM
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

oh either sirius, fred, or george are my favorite!! but i don't really know which one is my favorite, only cuz i want to say DH but the problem is i cry every t ime i read it! (SPOILER) especially when lupin, tonks, hedwig, and FRED all die..... sob......

"We could do pizza."
Contributor
bookluver22
0 Kudos

I love the entire weasley family! Fred and george always crack me p when i read the books and rons slowness always makes me laugh. The story wouldn't be the same without sweet (at times) Mrs. Weasley chasing after the twins and making them clean the garden of gnomes.

I also love tonks who always seems to brighten the pages with her colorful hair and personality, im so sad that she dies, she would have been an amazing mother.

and no one can hate hermione too much for her persistence and smarts, in a way she is the glue that holds ron and harry together at times. 

I love all the books but my favorite ones are the fourth and seventh. 

" just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doen't mean we all have."

"Hermione drew herself to her full height; her eyes were narrowed and her hair seemed to crackle with electricity, "No", she said, her voice quivering with anger,"but I will write to your mother"
Contributor
Sailem
0 Kudos

id have to pick the weasly twins...i could most easily relate to carefree joking nature. :smileyhappy:

and for some reason..i think luna lovegood is pretty damn cool..lol

Contributor
Sailem
0 Kudos

and as to a favorite book...i would have to go with the first one...becuase its the one that introduced me to the magical world of harry potter for the first time...simply marvelous...

even though i havnt read the last book..i know for  a fact it wont be my favorite...becuase it marks the end of one of the greatest series ive ever read....i get depressed thinking about it..maybe thats y i keep holding off from reading it..

I DONT WANT IT TO END!!..:smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
bookwormSV
0 Kudos

Re: which is your favorite character? And book?

Well, although you are right about the last book being the mark of the end for one of the best series ever written, I must say it is the best book of the whole entire series for 2 reasons:

1. There are so many things unraveled in the last book that it gives you a better sense of understanding about each and every character.  There are things in the last book that you would never have expected and you begin to feel a sense of passion for characters that you probably felt hatred in the previous books. I actually felt guilty for loathing a character after I learned his true colors. [& I'm trying not to spoil the beans since you haven't read it]. 

2. The last book is so different among the other ones.  Again, I don't want to go too much into details about the book because you haven't read it, but just know, if books 1-6 were exciting and left you at the edge of the seat, In the last book it's almost as you can't sit at all because you will fall off from the excitement. 

Btw, I do understand where you are coming from about not wanting it to end, because when I read the last book I literally was stalling to finish it.  I knew once I finished that last page, that last sentence, that last word, it was going to be difficult to top it.  So don't stall anymore because that last book is definitely worth reading to truly understand the world of HP. Once it's done, do what I did, re-read it =]

Imagine, Create, Inspire & you will be successful

Stace aka BookwormSV

Frequent Contributor
blinkgirl89
0 Kudos

although i love all the characters, my favorite character is Sirius Black of course, oh and Fred and George they are so funny those two.

favorite books are OOTP and POA.

LAKERS 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"PIGFARTS, IS ON MARS"