Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
socalifgirl
0 Kudos

Re: who's the character you can relate ,hate , and love the most?

I love the Weasley boys...and Ginny! Also, Mr. Black is a favorite...love Padfoot! Also, who couldn't love Hagrid!
New User
basketballbabe03
0 Kudos

hey i would have to pick hermionie as my favorite character because she is very smart but the struggle she has to find friends and not scare them away because she corrects them when they are wrong. i am very smart but it is hard for me to find friends that like me for who i am and not my smarts. i like the fact that she has two good friends harry and ron. ( who she winds up marrying). I have a couple good friends and thats the way i like it. I am able to be myself aroung them and be smart at the same time =] =]
=] basketballbabe03 =]
New User
Pumpkin-Glow
0 Kudos

Love HARRY of course, Prof. Snape, he's misunderstood, the Weasley's, sirius and Hagrid.
Contributor
LadyJ10
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed Luna though I wish she could have been in the books more than she was I really favored her. Other than her it was Hermione
"A man has only one life time. But history can remember you forever."
Frequent Contributor
Indigo-Dragonfly
0 Kudos

I liked Luna lovegood...very interesting personality... Still don't like that little twerp Malfoy or his daddio!

Of course, Harry is my beloved!!

Indigo-Dragonfly

Frequent Contributor
anaifrs
0 Kudos

You know, i have to agree with that. JKR would not want someone as complicated as Harry to also have love and relationship issues to deal with.  i mean, he was already an accidental hero with horrible luck, we didn't need to worry about some one loving him.

i also agree that JKR's leading ladies are NOT damsels in distress.  they all had one thing in common: they all wanted to protect HP.

*ANA*
Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

Dumbledore.  Hands down.  He reminds me so much of my grandfather.  Of course, I also think Harry's wonderful, along with Hermoine and Ron.  I have to admit, that I love the character of Snape as well.  I think he's fun to read.  Even the dreaded Weasleys' are a trip.  One character that I relate to fingernails screeching down a chalkboard?  Rita Skeeter.  Can't stand her!!!!
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Distinguished Correspondent
Mollywobbles
0 Kudos

The "dreaded Weasleys"?  Them's fightin' words!  I love the whole Weasley family.  Molly's exasperated yet loving character, Arthur's ingenuous fascination with all things Muggle, outdoorsy Charlie, cool Bill with his fang earring and long hair, pompous Percy, the prankster twins, Ron, the faithful friend, and Ginny who starts out slowly, but grows on me as a character the minute she starts tossing bat-bogey hexes around.  Then, there's auntie Muriel-what a hoot.

Sarah3973 wrote:
Dumbledore.  Hands down.  He reminds me so much of my grandfather.  Of course, I also think Harry's wonderful, along with Hermoine and Ron.  I have to admit, that I love the character of Snape as well.  I think he's fun to read.  Even the dreaded Weasleys' are a trip.  One character that I relate to fingernails screeching down a chalkboard?  Rita Skeeter.  Can't stand her!!!!

Inspired Wordsmith
Kreacherteacher
0 Kudos

I can't remember if I have ever posted on this thread, but oh well.

I can relate to all of them - a mark of a truly good book.

I really did hate the character of Lockhart - what a dweeb. An egotistical teacher is the worst of all characters. Well, besides the homicidal maniacs, I suppose. 

I love several - The twins, followed closely by Ron.

Frequent Contributor
laloz
0 Kudos

who do i hate who do i hate - as minimal a role as she plays I think cho's friend Marietta is that her name? She was jst odd!

But I think certain people jst bugged me as opposed to my hating them, Mrs Black for one, Lockhart, the Patil twins I know there on the good side but they jst bugged me... as did Lavander!

Relate to.. theres jst too many qualities in to many of them...

Love... I think I've said this before and I'll say it again... Sirius Sirius Sirius and Snape. I'm not sure if there's a rule where you can only like one of them but I love them both....

Contributor
eraserhead
0 Kudos

I probably relate the most to Hermione -- I was just that kind of student as a kid, I loved achieving, but I loved learning itself too.  I doubt I'm as smart as her though :smileywink:

I like her a lot as well, and also the Weasley family, Lupin and Sirius, the Malfoy family (I can appreciate villains!) and the Black sisters, I liked Fleur and Cedric and Professor McGonnagall a bunch too.  I found Snape and Lily interesting.

I hated Umbridge.  Original, I know :smileytongue: