Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
snider_kr
0 Kudos

would you rather??

we had a thread going like this before the book was out.....now lets add what we already know into this thread...

would you rather of read about dumbledore or sirius coming back? (if one of them was able to some back)
‡¥‡ When it comes to LOVE, even forever don't seem long enough ‡¥‡
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

Re: would you rather??

ok, this'll be my last post of the day:
i think i would rather want to see .. (screws up face, this is a hard one!)ok, sirius come back.. because actually harry's dearest wish wasnt to go back to godric's hollow.. his wish is a parent's love, real and solid. (but i also wanna see dumby come back too!)

ok.. would you rather....
have kreacher or dobby dead?hah!
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Frequent Contributor
stacielynn
0 Kudos

oooooo this is a tough one. I also think that I would choose Sirius. It would have been nice to see both of them come back. I agree that Sirius would have been more important for it to have been Sirius.

As for Kreacher and Dobby well I didn't really like either of them to tell you the truth. They were both annoying. JMO.
StacieLynn

Why does it have to end?

JKR Please write another book series.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

We need a new one...

Would you rather...

JKR write one more Harry Potter novel

OR

JKR write a new detective/mystery series with 7 books?
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

i personally would rather Sirius came back from the dead...this may be affected by my continuous love for him since the third book, (Snape barely rivals padfoot in this aspect), and Harry deserves his return, i think.But i suppose we can't have everything: Voldy gone moldy, AND Serious' return....

And i would rather her write another HP book---nothing will ever surpass Harry, even if it is written by Jo
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Frequent Contributor
snider_kr
0 Kudos

I would rather her write another Harry potter book.

Would you rather her write another book on the series or have her write continuing with the story of albus (harrys son)?
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

I would love to have Sirius back, Love DD no doubt but I think his mission with Harry was concluded, with Sirius I feel that Harry would get that parent figure he never had. As for Dobby or Kreacher, gotta love Dobby. And for a new series from Jo, definitly another HP. There is so much more that can be done with that series, it would be ashame not to offer the fans something else to read in that aspect.

OK here goes Would you rather have Wormtail return or Lucius Malfoy dead?? hmm even I don't know.
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

Wormtail return: Lucius is a creep, but the Malfoy family has been torn apart enough.
Frequent Contributor
snider_kr
0 Kudos

dayrenm wrote:
I would love to have Sirius back, Love DD no doubt but I think his mission with Harry was concluded, with Sirius I feel that Harry would get that parent figure he never had. As for Dobby or Kreacher, gotta love Dobby. And for a new series from Jo, definitly another HP. There is so much more that can be done with that series, it would be ashame not to offer the fans something else to read in that aspect.

OK here goes Would you rather have Wormtail return or Lucius Malfoy dead?? hmm even I don't know.

i would rather wormtail to return i gues...not really but it would be better than making another person suffer the loss of a parent...

would u have rather nagini die from buckbeak or fawkes...if neville didnt do it
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

the houseelves were definitely annoying at first stace! but i love them so much now that id even buy myself a dobby and kreacher doll!!!!
Frequent Contributor
snider_kr
0 Kudos

you do have to admit that dobby was brave and loyal to harry
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

I know my love for Dobby never wavered. He was never annoying to me!
And i would have Fawks, as a small revenge for dd. Besides, buckbeak has had his shining moment, in HBPwhen he saves harry/attacks snape.
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

br>

i would rather wormtail to return i gues...not really but it would be better than making another person suffer the loss of a parent...

would u have rather nagini die from buckbeak or fawkes...if neville didnt do it

I wouldn't feel so bad for Draco, besides he would not be alone.
I would have to say that I would rather Nagini been killed by buckbeak. He became like a friend of Harry's since Sirius had him so long, so it would make sense to have him do it.
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

i would rather take a college course about the harry potter series than what i took when i was still studying,.
Contributor
garage366
0 Kudos

I'd like to see Sirius come back. Harry deserved a happy home for once and Sirius could have given that to him.

I'd rather have another HP book too!!!
Frequent Contributor
blinkgirl89
0 Kudos

I would want have Sirius. I have said this before that I am in love with Sirius Black.
And I would also like to have Dobby back.
LAKERS 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"PIGFARTS, IS ON MARS"
Frequent Contributor
valeriefrankel
0 Kudos

Would you rather see Draco and Harry talk things out (yes, I said talk, all you biased fanfic writers) or see Snape, Lily, and James (somewhere somehow) settle things?
Valerie Frankel
Author of Henry Potty and the Pet Rock:
An Unauthorized Harry Potter Parody
www.HarryPotterParody.com
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

valeriefrankel wrote:
Would you rather see Draco and Harry talk things out (yes, I said talk, all you biased fanfic writers) or see Snape, Lily, and James (somewhere somehow) settle things?

wel.. it's really hard to imagine.. but altho i found a mysterious respect for snape.. i still cant imagine him being with lilly ..it's like.. urgh..
i just wish he wasnt so seriously demented. know what i mean?
Frequent Contributor
snider_kr
0 Kudos

i would rather snape lilly and james talk things out. we have been and seen alot og things happen between harry and draco, so if they just talked things out it wouldnt be that interesting. we havnt had much interaction with lilly james and snape. only through the memories i think it would be alot more fun :smileywink:

would you rather dumbledore come back to kill voldemort or have lupin stay alive to see the battle between voldemort and harry
Frequent Contributor
hprocks2121
0 Kudos

dumbledore, duh! because then he could help harry and explain more things.

"No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines," said Dumbledore. "I do love knitting patterns."
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. --Ferris Beuller