Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Half-Blood Prince, Chapters 19 - 22

Please use this thread to discuss chapter 19, "Elf Tails," through chapter 22, "After the Burial."
Contributor
-dagger-
0 Kudos

Re: Half-Blood Prince, Chapters 19 - 22

-SPOILER WARNING- (in this message i talk about the character who dies in book 6)

Right now i am rereading harry potter and the half blood prince, and i was absolutely dumbfounded when i finished reading the last paragraph of chapter twenty. in it, Dumbledore says that he hasn't been able to keep a DADA teacher for longer than a year since he refused that position to Voldy. when you read that and realize that Snape is the DADA teacher, it is blatently obvious that something is going to happen so that Snape can't come back, since his job is cursed. i know this is quite a juvenile point, but as i finished that chapter i realized that it should have been crystal clear to me by that point that Snape was bad. i had already assumed by then that Dumbledore was going to die (though i still can't face the fact that he's dead), so i wish that i had figured out when i first read the book that Snape would be the one to actually kill Dumbledore.
-=dagger=-
Frequent Contributor
amm1
0 Kudos

Re: Half-Blood Prince, Chapters 19 - 22

Don't feel bad. I didn't figure it out either. Think how I felt. Snape is my Number 1 character and Dumbledore my Number 2. Twas a very bad moment. I don't believe I have ever been in such shock. Never, ever would I have expected Snape to kill Dumbledore.
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

clues

amm1 wrote:
Don't feel bad. I didn't figure it out either. Think how I felt. Snape is my Number 1 character and Dumbledore my Number 2. Twas a very bad moment. I don't believe I have ever been in such shock. Never, ever would I have expected Snape to kill Dumbledore.

I never saw that one coming either. I'm so glad that I didn't hear about it before hand. As I reread the series I see all kinds of clues now but I was so into the story the first time and reading too fast to catch them. When I read the posts here that point out even more clues throughout the story I'm amazed at how clever JK Rowling is and how well she thought out everything.
Users Online
Currently online: 24 members 595 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: