Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - The Movie

[ Edited ]
Harry's Sophomore Stint on the Silver Screen

Book Cover Image: Title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Author: J. K. Rowling Buy It The highly-anticipated sequel to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone didn't disappoint the millions of fans who waited breathlessly for its release in 2002. In it, while young Harry is enjoying his second year at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, we're also treated to several star turns by several seasoned actors; Kenneth Branagh's appearance as a testy teacher is a welcome addition to the performances by seasoned veterans Richard Harris, Maggie Smith, Robbie Coltrane, and Alan Rickman.

"Brimming with invention and new ideas, and its Hogwarts School seems to expand and deepen before our very eyes into a world large enough to conceal unguessable secrets -- what a glorious movie," raved Roger Ebert about Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Do you agree? Share your thoughts about this second film adaptation of Harry's adventures here!

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 06-29-2007 09:17 AM

New User
GryffindorGinger
0 Kudos

Re: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - The Movie

My favorite film so far.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

FYI: This movie is going to air on "ABC Family" channel on Sat. night, 7/07/07. They showed SS last night (Friday, 7/06) and will show _Prisoner of Azkaban_ Sunday, 7/08.

~ConnieK, "3 days 'til Movie 5; 13 'til Book 7"
~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

I was kind of confused, because at the end of the movie, when Hermionie gets back, she hugs Harry and shakes hands with Ron. Is this because of the slugs?
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

agnijay wrote:
I was kind of confused, because at the end of the movie, when Hermionie gets back, she hugs Harry and shakes hands with Ron. Is this because of the slugs?

No, not because of the slugs. Hermione can freely hug Harry as a friend and feel assured that that hug will just be interpreted as that. Things are real different with Ron. There's a budding romance happening between Ron and Hermione and that makes it awkward for her to hug him at that point in the story. Hugging him would lead to all sorts of blushing on both sides...
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

This movie is one of the most fun. There are several really good comical moments, of the slapstick variety, which always give me the giggles--

--Errol banging his face into the glass, crashing at the Hogwarts' table...
--Dobby's self-punishing -- not at all funny in the book, but in the movie, you can't help but laugh at the inanity of it...
--Gilderoy Lockheart's get-up at the "Duel Club" -- it is SOOOOO over-the-top with the jaunty cape flung over the shoulder...
--Malfoy telling Goyle "I didn't know you could read!"
--Ron and the spiders -- "Can we leave NOW???"
--The Whomping Willow -- the timing is great -- you know the next whomp is coming and sure enough, whomp!
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

OH!!! I also liked the part where Ron was like "Why can't it be follow the butterflies?" But Psychee, we didn't know at this point in time about Ron and Hermionie!
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

agnijay wrote:
OH!!! I also liked the part where Ron was like "Why can't it be follow the butterflies?" But Psychee, we didn't know at this point in time about Ron and Hermionie!

The movie was made years after the book, though, and by the time the movie was made, most of us thought there was something up with those two... I know I wasn't surprised at all at that scene...
Inspired Contributor
dayrenm
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:
This movie is one of the most fun. There are several really good comical moments, of the slapstick variety, which always give me the giggles--

--Errol banging his face into the glass, crashing at the Hogwarts' table...
--Dobby's self-punishing -- not at all funny in the book, but in the movie, you can't help but laugh at the inanity of it...
--Gilderoy Lockheart's get-up at the "Duel Club" -- it is SOOOOO over-the-top with the jaunty cape flung over the shoulder...
--Malfoy telling Goyle "I didn't know you could read!"
--Ron and the spiders -- "Can we leave NOW???"
--The Whomping Willow -- the timing is great -- you know the next whomp is coming and sure enough, whomp!

Your right Psychee. I did enjoy the comical relief of it all. Those moments were funny, besides all that was going on in the movie.
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!
Frequent Contributor
Robeena
0 Kudos

yeah i really liked this movie
and what impresses me the most when harry told ron how all those people got petrefied but not dead ! hermione holding the mirror, colin with camera , necolus was already dead and mrs norris saw the reffliction in the water !!
great boy !
~ Robeena ~
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 538 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: