Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
hpotterfan
0 Kudos

Sirius Black

Who here thinks that Sirius really died? I mean, unless the veil thing can kill people, he should be alive, as Bellatrix Lestrang sent a Stunning Spell at him, not Avada Kedavra. That spell's green, the spell Sirius was hit with was red.
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: Sirius Black

hpotterfan wrote:
Who here thinks that Sirius really died? I mean, unless the veil thing can kill people, he should be alive, as Bellatrix Lestrang sent a Stunning Spell at him, not Avada Kedavra. That spell's green, the spell Sirius was hit with was red.

We can all guess but JK Rowley has not said and since what happens beyond the Veil is one of the great mysteries. I think she left it that way so we can use our imaginations or since what happens is a mystery she doesn't know herself.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

hpotterfan wrote:

Sirius "went through the light" and wasn't spit back out by whatever forces determine whether or not a person can stay. So, I am one who believes he is really truly dead.
Frequent Contributor
jftapia88
0 Kudos

Psychee wrote:

hpotterfan wrote:

Sirius "went through the light" and wasn't spit back out by whatever forces determine whether or not a person can stay. So, I am one who believes he is really truly dead.

i love sirius, he my fav character, but unfortunatly hes gone. i really wish we could get off the subject of ppl not really being dead when jkr has already said that they are.
Julie
Frequent Contributor
scamp5
0 Kudos

Do you think Sirius will somehow help Harry in the next book in any way or will we find out what happened to him?
"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

scamp5 wrote:
Do you think Sirius will somehow help Harry in the next book in any way or will we find out what happened to him?

Scamp5, Sirius went through the Veil of Death. Are you asking what happened to him after he died that way? Or were you thinking that he didn't really die?
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Well, I think that it is quite possible that Sirius is alive. I don't ever recall JKR calling it the Veil of Death. Plus, she never said Sirius died, she said she killed "that person." (accio-quote)
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

March 4, 2004

Cookie246122: Why did you kill Sirius? It made me very sad :smileysad:

JK Rowling replies -> I'm really, really sorry. I didn't want to do it, but there was a reason. If you think you can forgive me, keep reading, you'll find out. [I feel really guilty now].

http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/2004/0304-wbd.htm
Frequent Contributor
Ladybuglver8115
0 Kudos

Yes he is dead there is no doubt about that. I highly doubt if he will come back as a ghost that is not Sirius' style. Nearly-headless Nick told us that coming back as a ghost isn't pleasent and I don't think it will happen. I think that Sirius' memory and his words will help Harry in the future. After all, Sirius is the closest thing to a father that Harry ever recalls.
New User
0 Kudos

Hiya
I like to use my imagination about it. I love Sirius, obviously :smileywink:
So I would like him & Harry to be a real family:smileyhappy:
Contributor
Lectura_Bard
0 Kudos

Sirus is one of my all time fav. characters in the all of the books. Seeing him bite the dust was tough; in the book and in the movie. Though the book being better in the explanation of his death. I would love to entertain the thought that there could be a possibility he would be alive. Anything is possible in the wizarding world, if you look at it. I like to believe he is in an alternate reality and can return in some form. :smileyhappy:
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 209 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: