Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Eroc_macman
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome!

[ Edited ]
Hi Zandyr! I have just registered, and I was reviewing the "welcome" messages, when the first one I read was yours. It caught my attention because, I too, just finished reading "His Dark Materials". Wow, what a fantastic trilogy! It was enthralling, and I could barely put it down. I wish I had known about the on-line book discussions at BN before now. This is my first time engaging in an on-line chat, or group discussion. I was already planning on rereading all the books prior to the release of the final installment in July (boo hoo), so the timing is perfect! I look forward to sharing, and learning about all the nuances of the books with my fellow HP enthusiasts.

Peace.

Message Edited by Eroc_macman on 03-01-200710:31 PM

Contributor
ceferina
0 Kudos

Hey y'all, I'm Melissa and I'm really looking forward to participating in these discussions. I'm particularly interested in the books' moral ambiguity and also their effect on the reading world--the publication of this series jumpstarted reading in the whole world, at a time in which some authors had posited that the reader was dead. It is fascinating that the book, which many have said is on its deathbed, should find such a healthy revival in the technological age. And what is technology but a special kind of magic?

Anyway, look forward to reading your comments, and it's nice to meet you.
New User
Potterfan
0 Kudos

Hi - I'm new to the book club but a big fan of the series. I echo all the folks who have read the books over and over, and who have the tapes and love Jim Dale, etc. My son - now almost 15 and I are endlessly speculating about book 7. I'm not as organized as some - no note cards- but I do have a running list of questions throughout the series, and of course we all have our theories about how things will conclude. Looking forward to listening and contributing.
Frequent Contributor
WOLF
0 Kudos

rkubie,

I am reading OOP. There are some threads for sections of this book. Is it possible to start threads for the early sections of the book?
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Wolf, there are threads for all the sections of the book. Look at the second and third pages of the forum...
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Hi WOLF,

Yes, Psychee's right (thanks, Psychee!). If you start to post on an older thread on any of the pages of this board, it will float to the front again, so others will know to look at it and resond. Hope this helps!

Rachel
Frequent Contributor
spartan-lover
0 Kudos

Ello' everyone. Im Krysta im new to the book club but not to the HP series.So far ive had lots of fun while reading and replying to threads.hopefulyy the fun continues:smileytongue:
~*HAPPINESS 2DAY IS ONLY A BOOK AWAY*~
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 706 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: