Contributor
BN_Admin
0 Kudos

About the Book Clubs

[ Edited ]
The Barnes & Noble Book Clubs are an exclusive online community for readers and writers. The Book Clubs offer a virtually unlimited opportunity to share the joy of reading 24 hours a day from wherever you are.

While participating in the Barnes & Noble Book Clubs, you’ll be introduced to a broad spectrum of readers with varied opinions and backgrounds. You’ll meet high-profile and bestselling writers. And you just might learn something about yourself, and your Book Club friends.

What Is a Book Club?
The Barnes & Noble Book Clubs are a collection of online message boards centered on the books, authors, liberal arts subjects and life improvement ideas that touch our lives. Some Book Clubs are scheduled around an author’s participation. Some are built around the ongoing participation of the readers who join in. All Book Clubs benefit from the advice and participation of our Book Clubs Moderators, subject-area experts who are familiar with the books we’re discussing. The Moderators will help us get things going, and then will join the conversation when appropriate.

What Can I Do in a Book Club?
Meet a writer. Meet other readers. Share your thoughts on a book or topic. Enhance your knowledge of a topic. And make friends. We have polls, private messaging, automatic update tools, and a powerful customization engine that lets you decide how you want to see the boards.

How Do I Join?
Participating in a Book Club is easy. Simply create a Book Club account (with a User Name, password, and email address), and you’re ready to go. Once you have your account, just navigate to the discussion(s) that interest you, and join in. Your Book Club account lets you join a wide range of discussions on a scheduled and an ongoing basis. Feel free to bounce around, but take a look at the conversation before diving in. Our Book Clubs all start with a blank slate, but they tend to take on their own personalities, based on the makeup of the participants.

How Do I Get Organized?
The Book Clubs feature many updated community tools to help participants find their way around. When you find a discussion that interests you, you can add it to your Book Club bookmarks. You can also “subscribe” to get email updates whenever there is activity in your discussion. You control these settings in the Preferences section of your Profile, and can change them as needed.

Who Are My “Friends”?
While participating in our Book Clubs, it’s likely that you’ll encounter others who inspire you, who think like you, or who challenge you. You’ll find these people turning up in many of your discussions, and you may even plot your discussions to be with them. These are your Book Club Friends, and you may just want to add them to your “Friends” list. The Friends list is a powerful new tool that makes it easy to interact with the participants who mean something to you. You can private message a Friend, subscribe to a Friend’s messages, or even set your Profile settings so the information is only visible to your Friends.

What Else Do I Need to Know?
The Barnes & Noble Book Clubs are a dynamic and flexible space. Look around, and enjoy. Peruse your Profile to get an idea of all the options that are available to you. But most of all, have fun. We’re glad you’re here, and hope you stay around. Thanks for participating in the Barnes & Noble Book Clubs. And happy reading!

Message Edited by BN_Admin on 10-22-2006 11:10 PM