Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

B&N unresponsive to complaints regarding reviews and site issues

Why can I no longer edit my reviews? Up until a month or so ago, I could edit book reviews I posted.. Now there is no edit button. 

Why do some reviews never show up? I have posted  reviews and only my rating shows, then I have had to reach out to a moderator to report error. I have offered to provide info regarding  persistent site issues..but no one at B&N has contacted me or when one actually responded he said. "maybe you need to refresh your browser"..ha. When I responded and provided sound information regarding the issue..nada.No response. 

These are huge issues for me, and I am extremely aggravated by B&N's handling of this. If that other online book provider can provide a user friendly site..then B&N should be able to. 

Why do I need to use IE and Google Chrome to use this site? I have to use IE to add recently purchased items to my B&N page, but Google Chrome to post in the book clubs. 

As I search this board, I see the same issues over and over...but no solutions, no apologies, no we are working to resolve this...nada.

Customer service refers me to the forums..but I have yet to receive any technical support..if I do get a response its from another user having the same or similar issues. 

I could say, I will walk away from B&N, but I personally don't think they'd care.I guesses the 200 plus books a year I purchase, have little impact on their bottom line. 

Distinguished Correspondent
Francisco1844

Re: B&N unresponsive to complaints regarding reviews and site issues

As a new customer to B&N, having bought a NT, I think B&N is loosing a great opportunity in using support and building a community as a differentiator from Amazon.

I was expecting that B&N would be easier to deal with, friendlier and that it would have better support. What I have found is road blacks, problems gone unresponded, many threads of people with unsolved problems, slow response or no response to feature requests and bug reports.

If B&N is the only company keeping Amazon in check then in a year or two Amazon will be unchallenged as I don't see much of a future for B&N at the rate they are going.

Take for instance the NT. It was, in my opinion, rushed to market and there are many complaints that people have and no clear answers from B&N either acknowledging there is a problem on when they are going to fix it.

What problems you may ask.. how about

* The highlight feature works horribly. Ugliest green as default, changing to yellow doesn't always work. Selecting what to highlight works very badly.. you can't expact selection.

* Email program does not apply offline actions and no landscape mode

* Wish list on NT doesn't sync with B&N site

* Night reading theme uses grey instead of black on background. From what I read the NC has a true black for night reading.

* We were promissed thousands of apps by year end.. year end is 20 days away.. I am not seeing hundreds of apps.. or even tens of apps added daily.

* If you turn password on in NT deleting a book/magazine requires you to turn off the password instead of just prompting you to enter the password.

And the above is just what I see as a new user; I am afraid at all the issues long time nook users may be finding that I have not bumped into.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

The site works with IE8 and Firefox8. When I had older versions, I couldn't use the site. If your browser is older, it may not work. I found this out because there was a pop up from B&N that my browser was old.
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

I have a new computer. It doesn't work with the new version of IE, chrome is limited and I have the same issues regardless of which I use firefox, chrome and IE...no review edit button, reviews don't always post and I can only update my library with IE8..computer with newest version doesn't work..hahaha

however my biggest issue is BN's failure to acknowledge or respond to issues, again they refer me to this community board..which has no B&N technical support team..just users. 

Distinguished Correspondent
Francisco1844
0 Kudos

Kimba,

I have many, many grips with B&N in the short few weeks since I bought my NT, but I do see official representation from B&N in these forums. They could be a bit more visible.. or maybe a few more.. but you do see them.

For instance, I am super happy with the new "NOOK Tablet Ideas & Suggestions" forum where B&N will indicate which ideas/bugs they plan to work. Of course that is if they actually follow through on user's feedback.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

My biggest complaint about Reviews is that whenever I review something, it comes up as Anonymous now.  It used to list my user name.  I haven't seen that there is a fix to that anywhere.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

kamas716 wrote:

My biggest complaint about Reviews is that whenever I review something, it comes up as Anonymous now.  It used to list my user name.  I haven't seen that there is a fix to that anywhere.

I've discovered something that fixes the Anonymous Review problem.

When finished typing up your review, instead of posting it right away, click on "preview" and then when it pops up again, "post".

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Reader 4
jedichef22
0 Kudos

I just got a Nook, and was extremely frustrated to not be able to edit my review. Another option I would like to see is to hide/show specific reviews from your "Nook Friends". Otherwise, the review feature is completely useless, as I won't use it. I won't write any more reviews knowing that I can't edit them, nor can I hide reviews from those I don't want to see them.