New User
HsRamblingMom
0 Kudos

Edit or just Delete a Review??

I recently typed up a review for Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines. I type my reviews in Word & then copy/paste it over. For some reason, it autocorrected one of the character's names & I didn't realize it until now!?!! I can't figure out how to edit my review or just delete it all together and retype it. I've looked at other posts about a similar issue and I keep seeing that it's not possible to edit reviews??? What's up with that? I'm alittle peeved so any help is appreciated.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

Re: Edit or just Delete a Review??

You can't edit or delete your review.  Your best option would be to send a PM to Alex http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/464668 and ask if he can delete it for you.  Then you can retype and resubmit it.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
HsRamblingMom
0 Kudos

Thanks! I'll try that!

Contributor
OSAKAROSE
0 Kudos

Not being too computer savvy or techie, could someone please tell me what a PM is? I keep seeing it referenced in the problem about edits of reviews. Kamas keeps saying to send a PM to Alex. I would if I knew what that meant. I tried going to the address posted but it brought me back to B&N Community page. Is that where I am supposed to be? I just want Alex to delete a review I posted because it is not being shown supposedly due to "inappropriate language" or some such ridiculousness. I don't believe in using foul language nor racial slurs nor any such thing. So I'm not sure why I got flagged. I just want to delete the thing.

osakarose
Inspired Wordsmith
A_Wilson
0 Kudos

PM stands for Private Message.  In all honesty B&N has been having problems with their review system for quite a while.  If you send Alex a PM (Private Message kinda like email but through the boards) he can help get the review posted as opposed to deleted. 

To help you find the link to PM Alex, if you select his name on the Board (BN_Alex) it will take you to his "Profile Page".  Off to the right you will see "Contact" and about three lines down a very unassuming "send this user a Private Message".  Select that and you can send him a message about your review and he can get it posted. 

I think this might be a link to his Profile... I hope it Works... 

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/464668

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." - Mother Theresa

“Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.” Ian McKlaren

Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58
0 Kudos

OSAKAROSE wrote:

Not being too computer savvy or techie, could someone please tell me what a PM is? I keep seeing it referenced in the problem about edits of reviews. Kamas keeps saying to send a PM to Alex. I would if I knew what that meant. I tried going to the address posted but it brought me back to B&N Community page. Is that where I am supposed to be? I just want Alex to delete a review I posted because it is not being shown supposedly due to "inappropriate language" or some such ridiculousness. I don't believe in using foul language nor racial slurs nor any such thing. So I'm not sure why I got flagged. I just want to delete the thing.

Barnes & noble uses a list of "keywords" to determine whether to allow a "Reader Review" to be posted.  If your review contains any of the keywords, it will be blocked from being posted.  We don't know what words are in the list, and B&N will not tell us.  One thing is certain, however.  The word "price" is included in the list of "inappropriate" words.  :smileyfrustrated:

New User
Amish1949
0 Kudos

ME, Too!  I write a review of Goodreads, copy and then paste in my reviews for B&N...I have not had a problem with that, but on Aug,12,2013, I pasted a review from another book, I had already read onto the the book I had just finished reading- so it's the wrong review. I have tried everything, and read as much as I could to find out how to edit and delete the wrong review!  When I try the edit button, on My B&N page to try to edit/delete the review...It does not work? 

Will someone please help?!

Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Amish1949 wrote:

ME, Too!  I write a review of Goodreads, copy and then paste in my reviews for B&N...I have not had a problem with that, but on Aug,12,2013, I pasted a review from another book, I had already read onto the the book I had just finished reading- so it's the wrong review. I have tried everything, and read as much as I could to find out how to edit and delete the wrong review!  When I try the edit button, on My B&N page to try to edit/delete the review...It does not work? 

Will someone please help?!

The edit button has never worked. 

You must send a PM to the Administrator (BN_AlexG) asking that the review be unlocked for editing, and asking which word(s) in your review was/were considered to be offensive.