New User
TheBookBag
0 Kudos

Edit or remove review

Immediately after posting a review I got this message -

'Your Review is no longer visible by others because it contains inappropriate language which violates our Terms of Use. If you update your content, it will be reconsidered by our moderators within three business days. This message will be removed when your content is approved.'

I cannot find any way to edit/update my review or even just remove it. And I have no idea what the 'inappropriate language' is that violated the Terms of Use. I just want to remove it and start over. How do I do that? B&N does NOT make it easy to post reviews, it's very frustrating! 

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: Edit or remove review

TheBookBag wrote:

Immediately after posting a review I got this message -

'Your Review is no longer visible by others because it contains inappropriate language which violates our Terms of Use. If you update your content, it will be reconsidered by our moderators within three business days. This message will be removed when your content is approved.'

I cannot find any way to edit/update my review or even just remove it. And I have no idea what the 'inappropriate language' is that violated the Terms of Use. I just want to remove it and start over. How do I do that? B&N does NOT make it easy to post reviews, it's very frustrating! 

If you send Alex a PM he might be able to delete it for you.

There is a secret list of words you can't use in a review.  I think one is 'free' and another is 'price'.  There isn't a list available for people to know what is verboden.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Contributor
OSAKAROSE
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. I found that a review of mine was also "hidden" due to inappropriate language! I am a 60 year old widow who just posted how much I liked the book and that I wasn't going to give a spoiler on it. The I mentioned I didn't like the fact the price was so high but that I "bit the bullet" and bought it anyway because I love the author so much. Is that what got my review flagged? I can't figure out how to edit it now and how do you just remove it altogether? Where are the instructions to do these things? I have looked all over the website and can't find anything to help. Please someone, let me know, as I do like posting reviews on good books!

osakarose
Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58

OSAKAROSE wrote:

I am having the same problem. I found that a review of mine was also "hidden" due to inappropriate language! I am a 60 year old widow who just posted how much I liked the book and that I wasn't going to give a spoiler on it. The I mentioned I didn't like the fact the price was so high but that I "bit the bullet" and bought it anyway because I love the author so much. Is that what got my review flagged? I can't figure out how to edit it now and how do you just remove it altogether? Where are the instructions to do these things? I have looked all over the website and can't find anything to help. Please someone, let me know, as I do like posting reviews on good books!

The word "price" is forbidden in B&N Reader Reviews.  Using that word is probably what got your review blocked.  :smileyfrustrated:

Contributor
OSAKAROSE
0 Kudos

Thank you deesy58! I have decided to forego posting any further reviews of books until B&N can get its act together and give us a way to edit or delete a review. I appreciate your answer and wish you good luck!
osakarose
Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58

OSAKAROSE wrote:
Thank you deesy58! I have decided to forego posting any further reviews of books until B&N can get its act together and give us a way to edit or delete a review. I appreciate your answer and wish you good luck!

As Alex is fond of saying, show appreciation by awarding a kudo.  Thanks!  :smileyhappy: