Contributor
DeniseR
0 Kudos

Re: Getting Started with My B&N

Thanks Jon_B.  I had been looking and looking (periodically over several days) and finally given up figuring it out for myself when I made the post.  Of course, as soon as I made the post I figured it out...  It isn't as intuitive as one would hope, but if you search hard enough eventually you can figure it out. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
Lildove3
0 Kudos

Hey Jon... had trouble getting into the site for the August First Look discussion

but talk with the tech at our 1-800 B&N number..so now I am back to Lildove3 instead of

Sassy398...I did not want the staff to think I bowed out on the discussion, but because the

web site was having difficulties the tech told me I had to change info...sorry.

New User
jonathan_T
0 Kudos

Okay, so I was one of the first people at my store to look over the whole staff recommendation process, and how to register as an employee.  However, it has been about a week since I've been in and I totally forgot which thread to post the store number, employee number and name, and where to go to register as a store employee.  Everything else is pretty easy.  Could you please send me the details, or just write how to go about it, please?  Thanks.
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi jonathan_T,

Please send your full name, store number, store location, and position in a private message to bookselleraccounts.  You can access our private message feature by clicking that little envelope just about the "Help" graphics.  Once you send the message, we'll verify everything and respond to you from there.

Thanks!

Jon

Message Edited by Jon_B on 08-26-2009 07:59 AM

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Frequent Contributor
alexia561
0 Kudos

Hi Jon!

I was curious if there was a way to tell who was following my profile? I tried a search, but nothing came up about followers. The only thing I could figure out would be going to each individual and checking their follower list, but what if I don't know their pen name?

Thanks!

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

See I'm just a little interested in how I should start a book club and what ways should I make the book club interesting so that people would like to join? I would like to know and I would gladly appreciate anyone that does tell me.

Thank you!

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
New User
BookaholicNY
0 Kudos

Hi, I want to change my pen name, how would I go by doing that?

Contributor
sammmisec
0 Kudos

how do i start a blog or page or maybe even and Book club???

Sammmisec
---}-@
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

The blogs and groups are set by B&N admins here at BNBC - there are all different genres so you can join a conversation in any group you like - but we're not a hosting site.

If you're looking to start your own blog check out free blog sites like Blogger, WordPress, and LiveJournal.  You can link to your blog using your signature here at BNBC.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

That being said. 

However if you want to discuss a particular book with everyone on here. Go to the board section the genre of your book is in and ask the moderator if they welcome individual discussions. Many but not all do.

New User
angel55
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to find a book discussion group in my area that meets at night. I live in Johnston.

I like a wide variety of genres, especially women authors.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

angel55 wrote:

Hi,

I would like to find a book discussion group in my area that meets at night. I live in Johnston.

I like a wide variety of genres, especially women authors.

Well for a live in person book club. Check with your local library and your local B&N, they often have notices posted. If there aren't any ask if you can put one up yourself.

You might also try posting this on the community board. This is the help section and it's geared towards more technical problems.

New User
coltrainrt2
0 Kudos

Is there any way to use the favorites feature to be informed when our favorites come out with new books.  I have a nook and get everything through E-book.  I would like one spot where I can just check to see if any of my favorite authers have come out with anything new or more importantly whether they have anything scheduled.

ie. I have been waiting some time for christopher paolini's fourth book in the inheritance cycle.  I'd much rather just have a notification when this author has Anything new scheduled for release than having to check back every month.

Most of my favorite authors I would buy right up if I was given the option to follow the particular author rather than the genre.

New User
jael135
0 Kudos

Is this the board to join in order to ask for titles to be added to the NOOKbook list? I have a lot of older book whose spines are very broken. I can repurchase them from B&N in mass market paperbook, but I would rather have them in ebook form. I realize that this decision is up to the publisher, but I was hoping if enough people also wanted the particular books I do, then the publisher might consent.

jael135
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33

This is just the help thread for MyB&N - your page is accessible through the drop down when you mouse over "My Account" up top.

But to answer your question, the product page for each print book not currently available in NOOKbook format has a button/link that says "request this book be available for ebook" or something like that.  You'll need to look up your titles individually.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Contributor
B.Bear
0 Kudos

I have been trying to remove my name from the "public statistics" section of my profile.  I go in and delete and and click on save changes and it goes away for a day or so but it always comes back.  What am I doing wrong?  I really would like my name removed.

Distinguished Correspondent
the_vampire_girl
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

How do you set your profile to private?

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out!

- the vampire girl ♥

currently reading: Beautiful Creatures + The Forest of Hands and Teeth

http://itisabookthing.blogspot.com/
New User
JonOlson
0 Kudos

I am trying to fill out my My B&N page, and when I enter text in the little bio box and click Save, the next time I return, it's gone. Why is this?

Also, how can I submit my own photograph as my avatar? I see that some people have done that.

Thanks for any help!

Jon Olson

jonolson1@sbcglobal.net

Author of THE PETOSKEY STONE and THE RIDE HOME, both available as eBooks.
Reader
Lucy1313
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm new to My B & N.  I can't seem to add any of the avatars.  I click and drag to where it tells me too and nothing happens.  I'm using Firefox 4.0.1 on a PC.  Any thoughts?

Reader
Lucy1313
0 Kudos

Please ignore my past post, after not hearing a reply I wrote to customer service.  Apparently in Firefox 4.0.1 you can't drag and drop.  But clicking once on the avatar of my choice worked.  Hope this helps anyone else out there with avatar problems.