Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

Go to page....

Is there any way to go to a particular page in a thread without scrolling through all the pages along the bottom? When there are 120+ pages and you want to go to about the middle you have to move up in increments. Is there any way to go directly to a specific page, like page 75 for example?
Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Frequent Contributor
BillP
0 Kudos

Re: Go to page....

Hi LizzieAnn,

There are "jump to page" links at the top of each page within a thread, but if a thread is really, really long it can't display them all. I don't think any of our individual threads are anywhere near that long yet, but there is a way to do this... but it's on the technical side.

If you're in a thread, and beyond the first page of it, look at the URL in your browser's address bar. You should see something like this at the end:

&view=by_date_ascending&page=5

It may not end exactly like that, but the "page=NUMBER" should be there somewhere. You can change the number to whatever page you want. Again, it's a bit tricky but it works.

-BillP

LizzieAnn wrote:
Is there any way to go to a particular page in a thread without scrolling through all the pages along the bottom? When there are 120+ pages and you want to go to about the middle you have to move up in increments. Is there any way to go directly to a specific page, like page 75 for example?

Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'll try that.

Is there a similiar procedure for going through the board? For example, advancing to page 45 of an 80-page board.
Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Frequent Contributor
BillP
0 Kudos

I think it works the same.

LizzieAnn wrote:
Thanks, I'll try that.

Is there a similiar procedure for going through the board? For example, advancing to page 45 of an 80-page board.