Contributor
BN_Admin

Have Questions?

Need help navigating the new message boards? Post your questions here. Our editors will jump in with answers as quickly as they can. It's also possible that other users will be able to help out as well. There's a lot of functionality behind those menus and buttons. Feel free to experiment, and to share your results in this board.
Frequent Contributor
TeresaF
0 Kudos

User Names

Everything looks great! Sadly, I absolutely hate my User Name. I picked it years ago while in the middle of reading a Yoga book. My first choice was taken and my creativity was at a low point. It's not me. Never really has been. The instructions say I can't change it. So, how do I delete my account and start over? Thanks!
Contributor
humbrd33
0 Kudos

Calendar of Events

Where is the calendar showing what dates the clubs will be available and what books clubs are upcoming?
Frequent Contributor
Sensorymoments
0 Kudos

Re: Have Questions?

I also was curious why there are "blue messages" and white ones? and than you can move them up? this makes no sense to me :smileyhappy:
Owy

*Taking everyday, one book at a time*
Frequent Contributor
flowergardener
0 Kudos

Re: User Names

there might be a way to make it say whatever name you want to use somewhere like it used to but i'm not sure how to do this. if i figure it out i'll let you know :smileyhappy:

~sally~
Frequent Contributor
flowergardener
0 Kudos

hi,

i asked this in one of the classes but the answer didnt really answer the question so i'm gonna ask again. how do you make it only show unread messages when you click on an area? like right now isnt an issue because theres hardly any posts but when there are hundreds of posts it would be easier, you used to be easier just to view unread messages if you wanted to so im sure theres a way. someone said you can do thread view but it looks like you still have to sort thru them to find the new ones. how do you do this with this new setup?

thanks!
~sally~
BN Editor
Barbara
0 Kudos

Re: Calendar of Events

humbrd33 wrote:
Where is the calendar showing what dates the clubs will be available and what books clubs are upcoming?

This is a very good question. We will be promoting upcoming Book Clubs on the Book Clubs home page and in any relevant category pages. We will also be promoting through our email newsletter.

If there are particular books and subjects you are interested in discussing please feel free to post them here.
BN Editor
Barbara
0 Kudos

flowergardener wrote:
hi,

i asked this in one of the classes but the answer didnt really answer the question so i'm gonna ask again. how do you make it only show unread messages when you click on an area? like right now isnt an issue because theres hardly any posts but when there are hundreds of posts it would be easier, you used to be easier just to view unread messages if you wanted to so im sure theres a way. someone said you can do thread view but it looks like you still have to sort thru them to find the new ones. how do you do this with this new setup?

thanks!
~sally~

If you are using the linear format, Click the My Profile link. Click the Preferences tab. You can select the Automatically Jump To The First Unread Message In A Thread feature. Click Save Changes.

If you have any additional questions please let us know.
BN Editor
Barbara
0 Kudos

Sensorymoments wrote:
I also was curious why there are "blue messages" and white ones? and than you can move them up? this makes no sense to me :smileyhappy:

A similar question was raised by another member in different conversation.

The "blue" messages are some of our starter posts -- such as our introduction to the group and our discussion topics that we have permanently "floated" to the top of the page. This creates a copy or shortcut to the thread that everyone can see.

At the beginning of our conversation you can see two versions of each main thread (the "white" messages). As more posts are made, those lower copies get "pushed down" by new posts, and they'll move out of view.

I hope this answers your question.
Frequent Contributor
gwillis01
0 Kudos

Under the General Science discussion board, I'm having trouble marking a new message/thread as read and thus changing the # of new messages from 1 to 0 in my Dashboard. Am I doing something wrong? Also I can't figure out how to subscribe to reading discussion message boards. When I pick out a board and then go under "Board Options" there's no selection that says "Add board to my subscriptions" to click on.

I just have my selected message boards bookmarked so far.
Gwin Willis
Frequent Contributor
gwillis01
0 Kudos

I think I know what's wrong with General Science forum at your end. It should say, "1 Message" and "No New Messages". But it says, "2 Messages" and "1 New". I only see one message posted to the General Science forum.
Gwin Willis
Frequent Contributor
donyskiw
0 Kudos

There seems to be something wrong with the print option when in the thread view. If I ask for the printer friendly page, it gives me a listing of messages that doesn't have the right messages on them.

Denise
BN Editor
Barbara
0 Kudos

Re: Reply to gwillis01

Thank you for pointing out these issues to us.

We will take a look at the General Science board and try to resolve this issue.

At this time we do no offer the ability to subscribe to a board. But we will bring this to the attention of our development team for possible future enhancements.

If you have an additional questions please feel free to ask.

Barbara
Book Club Help
BN Editor
Barbara
0 Kudos

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you are using the linear format the printer friendly page works, but currently does not work in the threaded format.

We will notify our development team of this issue.

If you have an additional questions please feel free to ask.

Barbara
Book Club Help
Frequent Contributor
flowergardener
0 Kudos

thats the same problem I'm having. no matter what some of them say 1 new message even when there are NO messages in there!!!
Contributor
damifino06
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone. I am so excited to be apart of this book club. Still doing a lot of exploring. I am wondering how long a book will be discussed. I would like to be part of The Thirteenth Tale but have not received the book yet. I would just hate to be behind everyone in the reading and then poof the thread is gone.

Barb
BN Editor
Barbara
0 Kudos

damifino06 wrote:
Hello Everyone. I am so excited to be apart of this book club. Still doing a lot of exploring. I am wondering how long a book will be discussed. I would like to be part of The Thirteenth Tale but have not received the book yet. I would just hate to be behind everyone in the reading and then poof the thread is gone.

Barb

Don't fret. Our discussion of The Thirteenth Tale will last as long as there are people interested in talking about the book. Diane Setterfield, the author, will be here throughout November, but the message board will carry on after she's done. We're sure this will be a popular discussion for some time to come!

Barbara
Book Club Help
New User
billemsick
0 Kudos

I am having trouble finding all the message boards or books being discussed - is the page that describes the books which will be discussed going to be more complete in the future? I knew the South Beach was supposed to be discussed this month but couldn't find it until I typed it in for a search. I don't want to miss something that I am very interested in, just because it is not on the first page?
Thanks,
bill
Frequent Contributor
donyskiw
0 Kudos

What you could do after you are ABSOLUTELY SURE you have read all of the messages is to try marking all the messages in that thread as read. I haven't tried it yet, I've just been letting that one unread message go but this might work.

Denise
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos