Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
Lovely78
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Looking for friends to swap African American Fiction

I love books by Carl Weber, Terry McMillan, Mary B. Morrison, etc.  Looking for friends to swap books with.  I love my Nook, but it's becoming an expensive habit.

Contributor
tmrlew
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for friends to swap African American Fiction

LOL.... I second that "addicting habit" motion.  As you know I am definitely interested but I am wondering if it is easier to start it as a book club on this site?  I will look into that and follow-up with you.

Correspondent
token787
0 Kudos

I agree it's becoming expensive.  I can't believe it's almost cheaper buying a DTB than an ebook.  I would luv to swap as soon as I get rid of some of these DTB I have on hand.

Reader 2
Lovely78
0 Kudos

I would love to join a book club!  That's a good idea  :smileyvery-happy:

New User
angelpooh
0 Kudos

I am looking to join an African American Book Club

Reader
tblack28
0 Kudos

I would be interested in joining a book club.  Did you start a book club featuring African American literature?  If so, how do I join?  If not, when will one be started?

Contributor
tmrlew
0 Kudos

OK, so we all seem to be interested in joining an AA book club; does anyone have any idea on how to get it started?  If so, we could do it as soon as possible!

Reader 2
Lovely78
0 Kudos

I think that we should pick a book and then just read.  Not sure of how many times a month everyone wants to check in to discuss it.  Or will we just read the whole book and discuss it at end of the month?

New User
chelacreates
0 Kudos

Hey I would love to swap I have a Nook Color please email me at chelacreates@gmail.com.

Chela

New User
chelacreates
0 Kudos

Love to join book club keep me posted as long as its eboks I can be reached at chelacreates@gmail.com.

Chela

New User
ReadDiva
0 Kudos

i am game with starting a bookclub here!!!!! let's do it!!

Reader 2
pinkgreenmommie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I would love to swap a few books by AA authors also. My email is pinkgreenmommie@yahoo.com. If it has to be a gmail acct then use sharonmcdonald26@gmail.com

New User
BusyReading
0 Kudos

I would like to swap books also but I'll need a tutorial!LOL! Just figured out how to add books!

Reader 2
Lovely78
0 Kudos

Hello, my email is mrs.blonigen@gmail.com

Correspondent
token787
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I do have my own AA book club. I'm in the process of updating it. Others things on the site to do also. If anyone would like to visit it email me at token787@yahoo.com . Since we are not allowed to post links here email me an I will send you the link and address.

New User
chelacreates
0 Kudos

Ok I added you ladies thank you .... but I have not seen any friends with lendable books wonder if I am doing it right :-(

Contributor
tmrlew
0 Kudos

Hello guys.... I just decided to stop by and check this post again and noticed there were quite a few new entries!  We did get that book club started and have just started our first selection on 1/1/2011.  You can find us on Facebook under A.A.N.B.R (African-American Nook Book Reading) Club or our email, aanbrclub@yahoo.com.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Tamara

New User
ReadDiva
0 Kudos

thanks, will do!!!

Reader 2
402Natural
0 Kudos

New to Nook Color, I would love to swap books and Join an on line reading group. I am just starting my online collection and learning my way around this Nook. You can contact me @ gmail - 402natural@gmail.com or wesleyz4us@msn.com.

Remove the kinnks from your brain not your hair !
Reader 2
HisBelovedReader
0 Kudos

To those of you who posted your email address here to swap Nook Books, I have sent you my email address for you to add me as well. My ebook list is not extensive but I am willing to share what I have.

~HisBelovedReader