Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
pipVN
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for friends to swap African American Fiction

I would love to join a book club to swap our books with, i'm not good at forming one but if one gets formed you can email me at: vneal5@msn.com

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Hello and welcome to the forums and the world of Nook.

There are a few threads already on African-American books, as well as a number of threads on LendMe groups.

I know one of the more active groups is on Facebook.

Do a quick search and you will see a number of examples. Also look for the term "AF" that some posters used for African Fiction.

Happy reading

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
New User
Ladeeb30
0 Kudos

I'm glad you told me, I was just thinking about switching to a nook but I"m addicted to half priced books clearance section, lol, soooooo glad you posted this, been looking for someone to chat with about african american author books, everybody you have listed are ones I read but Eric Jerome Dickey is my personal favorite.

New User
brandiibaybee
0 Kudos

I have also been looking for people that want to swap urban fiction. If u look at my profile u can see the type of books I have and if interested....ANYBODY... hit me up!

New User
pipVN
0 Kudos

Thanks, i'll check Jerome Dicky out and see how i like him.

New User
Enjil
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's sounds great I am interested in joining a book club lets put our heads together.

P.S. I have a book coming out soon you don't want to miss this one!  The book is spectacular it has a taste of love, honor, betrayal, sex, crimes and plenty of mystery. The name of the book is Treacherous "The Beginning"!  I will post the the release date soon. Thanks!

Contributor
tmrlew
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, I've decided to come back and check the thread that was originally started to see if any others were interested in an AA Nook Book Club.... Again, we have started on on FB, so check us out or email us @ aanbrclub@yahoo.com or A.A.N.B.R Club (African-American Nook Book Reading) on Facebook. 

Thanks

New User
Hello-PrincessA
0 Kudos

I would like to borrow and lend books especially AA authors. Please add my email address to your list and send me yours. hellocutie05@yahoo.com

Reader 2
BlkRose1
0 Kudos

Contributor
Beebs62
0 Kudos

Just happened to venture to this discussion board and am glad that I did! I just "liked" the facebook site AANBR Club, so I'll be visiting it often.

Purchased my nook about a month ago and as one person stated, it can become quite an expensive habit - but I love it! :smileyvery-happy:

New User
booksfan
0 Kudos

This is what everyone is talking about hot off the press!

Check out www.treacherousthebook.com  Awesome read!!

New User
booksfan
0 Kudos

Hey this is a great read www.treacherousthebook.com. Sorry I know you want to swap but hey maybe you can swap this book with someone.

New User
booksfan
0 Kudos

You will love Treacherous!  Go to www.treacherousthebook.com.  Enjoy! 

New User
booksfan
0 Kudos

Check out www.treacherousthebook.com you will love it!

New User
booksfan
0 Kudos

Also check out www.treacherousthebook.com great read!

Contributor
msdevo75
0 Kudos

Just got a Nook Color looking to make Nook friends and join the club. My email for nook friends is msdevo75@comcast.net:smileyhappy:

Reader
Tima_Johnson
0 Kudos

Please feel free to add me to nook friend.  I exchange books all of the time llewis2330@aol.com:smileyvery-happy:

Reader
LadiShep
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Toya and i'm a nookaholic......can i please join your AA book club, i am in the begining stages with my nook and i am hooked already! Can you please email me at Toya1026@aol.com to let me know about the book club and swapping books........thanks
Reader
LadiShep
0 Kudos

Hi B, my name is Toya i'm new to the nook thing, but i must say i am hooked......i like urban AA books and any books by AA authors. I would love to lend and swap books with you, i think i have plenty good reads on my nook color. Email me at Toya1026@aol.com please to let me know what you think........thank u
Reader
Tima_Johnson
0 Kudos

feel free to add me llewis2330@aol.com