dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: How do people find out about books at BN

drdln wrote:

I am selling more books at BN than Amazon inspite of all the discussions at Kindle boards. How do people find out about books at BN! BTW, I am not advertising at either of the two place.  Thanks and wish everyone the very best.

Art of Stress-free Living

Well don't we all want stress free living :smileyhappy:

My suggestion would be to go on the different book clubs go to the post what are you reading and promote your book, as long as you tell people it's your book and aren't trying to scam anyone into believing your a reader who liked it, I for one wouldn't mind you promoting it on my book club here's the link

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/bd-p/FictGeneral

and good luck with your book!

Distinguished Correspondent
A_G_D
0 Kudos

Re: My B&N: General Feedback

Hi! I've been having problems adding people to "People I'm following" list on my profile. Every time I hit "edit" it gives me an error message.I've been trying for a few days and from different computers as well and still nothing! Any ideas what might be happening? Thanks!

Andreea
"Books are the quitest and most constant of friends; they are the most accesible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." -Charles Eliot
Reader 4
crypt1c

Suggestions often include the same book in multiple formats (record of 3 books for the same format), id really just like to see ebooks... i dont even have other formats added to the library...

It would also be nice to track authors.. get notified about releases and such

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

crypt1c wrote:

Suggestions often include the same book in multiple formats (record of 3 books for the same format), id really just like to see ebooks... i dont even have other formats added to the library...

It would also be nice to track authors.. get notified about releases and such

Yes it would!

Arestelle
0 Kudos

Apologies if this has been asked before; I don't see it in this thread or the first few pages of this Help forum, and I can't find specific enough search terms to get relevant results.

Why is there no filter in the online "My B&N" library for NookBooks, or why are NookBooks not counted among the rest of the books? My online library has a couple dozen nookbooks in it, but only the half-dozen or so DTBs show up when I click the Books filter. Since I also have put music and DVDs in my library, this makes it difficult to see what I'm reading and what I may be able to lend to others.

Cheers.

"One day a tortoise will learn how to fly."--Pratchett, Small Gods

Reading: The Demon-Haunted World
Last book read: Leon Martin and the Fantasy Girl (as a test reader--not yet published)
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
0 Kudos

"My B&N" seems to have disappeared from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen under "My Account". I noticed it yesterday, and is still gone today. I found that I can access it at the bottom of the main page, but not from all pages. I know B&N is doing a lot of website tweaking lately (hello blindingly white posting boards), but is this a permanent change or temporary? Or is it only me?!?

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
AVID-JT
0 Kudos

I noticed it yesterday too and I thought, what gives??  I had to use the link at the bottom of the page too.  Seems like things are changing every day or there are new glitches in the system.  Maybe working around the problems is keeping our minds sharp.  Hopefully they'll fix the problem today.

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

Hello B&N Geeks,

Quit tweekin the system..i have been blinded by these white pages, i hate the new format for searching a  book and i want, no i need the MY B&N back in the dropbox!!!!!

Contributor
ECbucs
0 Kudos

I have a lot more trouble with Nook than I expected.

The free friday books seem to be hard to find.  I have no idea what this week's selection is and search doesn't help.

Why isn't this something that is easily done?

Pulse and some of the other apps that I have just don't seem that useful and connecting to the internet is not same as when I connect from my desktop. Email is not nearly as good as I expected.

I do like reading on my nook and getting books from the library. But this Free Friday thing is getting annoying. 

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

ECbucs wrote:

The free friday books seem to be hard to find.  I have no idea what this week's selection is and search doesn't help.

Pulse and some of the other apps that I have just don't seem that useful and connecting to the internet is not same as when I connect from my desktop. Email is not nearly as good as I expected.

I do like reading on my nook and getting books from the library. But this Free Friday thing is getting annoying. 

Join the nook book club..under my B&N...then you can check there each week

AVID-JT
0 Kudos

Regarding the free books on Friday. 

I had a problem finding them too then tried entering 'free fridays' in the search box.  It worked. 

This weeks free book is on a subject my brother would like, planning for retirement and economics.  Yawn.  I know it's an important subject but I don't want to read stuff like that for entertainment.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

ECbucs wrote:

Go to the Unbound blog in these forums, it's always listed there.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

I wish you could make the avatars appear larger on the threads.  I need a magnifying glass to see them.

BTW, I was not required to sign in today, and my old account settings are still in effect.  Later, I did log in to my B&N account, but nothing changed.

Both are good points. First I am not sure, if you can use your picture as an avatar!

Second, I almost every time have to sign in for posting. In spite of the one month claim, it doesn't save PW. I think it will be convenient to post without signing every time. That's waste of time. How does other members feel or have an answer? Thanks.

New User
TheDiscoEra
0 Kudos

I just need to know how I can get the books that are in MyLibrary into my Nook Library.

AVID-JT
0 Kudos

From what you've said I'm assuming you have purchased books on your nook and need to download them.  I have the N1E and this is what I do.  Not sure how it works on the other versions but it should be similar.  Make sure your wireless is on.

-In the touch screen tap on Check for new B&N content selection and wait for the download (if it doesn't start right away, tap Download)

-Arrow down to the book you wish to open

-Tap on the circle to the right of the touch screen. Your book will open (if not tap Read).

AVID-JT
0 Kudos

TheDiscoEra,

I should have mentioned something.  Nook has great tutorials you can watch to help get familiarized with your paticular e-reader.  Near the top of the home page click on 'Nook'.  Look for your Nook version and click on 'Explore All Features'.  When the next screen opens go to the bottom and look for 'Getting Started' and select your nook.  Last select the 'Watch How to Tutorials'.  Anything else can be found in the Users Guide.  Good luck and have fun with your new e-reader.

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

Does anyone from B&N ever check this board?? It seems we're all asking questions and while I'm happy to see that we can help each other out, it seems odd that B&N isn't responding to anything. Maybe if I post my questions on one of the 50 nook boards I'll get a response... hmmm....

Not to beat a dead horse, but why are they making it so hard to get to "My B&N"? You can only access it at the way bottom of the screen on certain pages, and some not all (like any of the discussion forums). It just makes no sense why they removed the link from the drop down menu at the top of the screen, which is accessible on every page! AARGH. 

Also, I can't add my book/nook online purchases to My B&N library anymore- it keeps asking me if I'd like to add them, and when I click OK (yes, I'm signed in- it prompts you to), the link is dead. Has been for about 2 weeks maybe? I try everyday, and it doesn't work. If I manually add them, it works, but not my purchases. Anyone else having this problem?

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Hi ThirstyFlea , I am also having the SAME PROBLEM with my with my B&N !!!  My ADD New Books Has been DEAD for a couple months!   it started when the request to add the Flash memory was made , I did not add it as requested . and then next thing I know my new nook books were not added to the see all screen . So I  added the Flash Memory. That made it FREEZE  the see all screen ! Also before it FROZE  I can see only 5 books  on the top of the see all screen and they are not the last books purchased but old archived books !  My see all your books has 5 old archived books.  I see the swirling circle that never loads !  Every thing else on my B&N works, except the see all my books screen. Is this the same problem that you have? 

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

optic_i wrote:

Hi ThirstyFlea , I am also having the SAME PROBLEM with my with my B&N !!!  My ADD New Books Has been DEAD for a couple months!   it started when the request to add the Flash memory was made , I did not add it as requested . and then next thing I know my new nook books were not added to the see all screen . So I  added the Flash Memory. That made it FREEZE  the see all screen ! Also before it FROZE  I can see only 5 books  on the top of the see all screen and they are not the last books purchased but old archived books !  My see all your books has 5 old archived books.  I see the swirling circle that never loads !  Every thing else on my B&N works, except the see all my books screen. Is this the same problem that you have? 

Hi optic-i, Good to know I'm not alone! I don't remember a Flash update request, and I've signed on to B&N from 3 different PC's and still get the same problem with the dead ADD button. After reading your post, I checked on the See All, which seemed to be pretty up to date (with the exception of the 18 books I've purchased since my ADD button died), but they're in a funky order. When I click to see only BOOKS, only about 1/3 of them show up, though. Not sure what that's about... 

Maybe it's time to follow other's leads and keep track of purchases and my collection via a non-B&N method. At least then I know B&N won't tweak my frustration level anymore with all their tweaking! 

Scribe
optic_i

Hi Thirsty Flea, Thanks for your reply, yours was the first that sounded like the problem I was having. I will take your  advice ,  I have back up on all my books also  just in case. I just use my nook library now, so I can still see my books there. I think my B&N got a glitch that froze the see all your books when it was just starting to re- boot and never completed the cycle. Thats why I have old archived books at the top 5 books. but I did notice the same thing that you did, when new books were not being added. Thanks again , If I notice a thread that can fix it I will let you know.  :smileyhappy:   Optic