Contributor
Deanne75
0 Kudos

Re: My B&N: General Feedback

Where have the Wish List drop down boxes to add items gone? Am I just not looking in the right place?

When browsing e-books, it used to be on the right-hand section of each book's summary information.  There was a little green button that said something like "Add Item to List" and when you clicked on it, one of the options was "Add to my ebooks Wishlist".  The same "Add Item to List" button also available when you clicked on a book title to open the details.  I believe in that instance it was located somewhere near the "purchase" option.

Recently, I can't find the wishlist drop downs anywhere. :smileysad:  The only way I've been able to add items to my wishlist is to write them down as i browse, then open the wishlist and use the add button there to search for them (again) and add them.  I have to say that while this method works, it is definately NOT convenient.  I loved the ability to be browsing, see a book that looked interesting, and very easily add it to my e-wishlist with just a few clicks then be back about my browsing.

Thanks!

Deanne
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Up next to "Email this to a friend" and "Print this page" (upper right of a product page) is the "Add to list" option - you have to be in a product page to do so.

Deanne75 wrote:

Where have the Wish List drop down boxes to add items gone? Am I just not looking in the right place?

When browsing e-books, it used to be on the right-hand section of each book's summary information.  There was a little green button that said something like "Add Item to List" and when you clicked on it, one of the options was "Add to my ebooks Wishlist".  The same "Add Item to List" button also available when you clicked on a book title to open the details.  I believe in that instance it was located somewhere near the "purchase" option.

Recently, I can't find the wishlist drop downs anywhere. :smileysad:  The only way I've been able to add items to my wishlist is to write them down as i browse, then open the wishlist and use the add button there to search for them (again) and add them.  I have to say that while this method works, it is definately NOT convenient.  I loved the ability to be browsing, see a book that looked interesting, and very easily add it to my e-wishlist with just a few clicks then be back about my browsing.

Thanks!

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Contributor
Deanne75
0 Kudos

Thank you, Melissa!  I never would have noticed it up there w/o the green box it used to be in. :smileyvery-happy:

Deanne
Melissa_W
0 Kudos

No problem, Deanne :smileyhappy:

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
Frequent Contributor
Chrytech2
0 Kudos

I am a little frustrated. I have been encouraging my friends to setup a B&N page and add each other as friends.  As more of my friends purchased nooks this became a great way to see who was reading what. Recently B&N changed the website making if VERY difficult to find the My B&N site and the blog sites. Are they going to bring it back or are they trying to discourage the use of these sites?

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

Chrytech2 wrote:

Recently B&N changed the website making if VERY difficult to find the My B&N site and the blog sites.

To find My B&N, go to the "My Account" drop-down at the top-right of any page on the site. Click "My B&N" from the drop-down.

To find the forums, you can hover over the "Books" button above and you'll get a drop-down that includes "Book Clubs" as the last item in the first column. Well, unless you're already here in the book clubs, in which case that drop-down doesn't work. Or you can just bookmark http://bn.com/bookclubs—you'll find the blogs listed in the center of the page, just below the big advertisement.

Contributor
QueenT
0 Kudos

I think it would be wonderful for BN allow us to track authors using My BN.  I have so many authors that I love, it is hard to keep track when a new book is released.  If we could be updated about new releases by some sort of author tracker, that would be great!  Any plans in the future to do that?

"That which yields, is not always weak" - Jacqueline Carey Kushiel's Dart
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

I thought I'd chosen an avatar in My B&N and was all set, but it does not show on a post I made in a blog.  Do I need to do something else to have an avatar show in Blogs?  I wonder if the ball of yarn and knitting needles will show here when I finish.  If not, I'm not sure what I need to do to make it show.

Thanks,

reader_824

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

reader_824 wrote:

I thought I'd chosen an avatar in My B&N and was all set, but it does not show on a post I made in a blog.  Do I need to do something else to have an avatar show in Blogs?

Did you click the "Save Changes" button afterward?

Inspired Wordsmith
NJMetal
0 Kudos

Just thinking out loud:

I am very surprised that B&N has introduced some level of interactivity with My B&N and Facebook.  I think I would be neat and beneficial to be able to cross post some of my actions on My B&N on Facebook also.  Things like Book adds, Books reads, Book reviews, even message board posts or laurels received could be announced via Facebook.

Is this in the works?  Has it been brought up and had the kabosh put on it?  Can I get some royalties if they DO decide to move foreword on an idea like this?

"We always condemn most in others, that which we fear most in ourselves." -Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Contributor
jrobe10689
0 Kudos

I see lots of advertisment for the Kindle.   I would like to see a nice t-shirt advertising that I am a Nook addict.    I love my Nook and I know a nice t-shirt with a cute saying about the Nook would be a good stocking stuffer.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Why is it that under the My Account drop down when I'm in the forum area, there's not link to my wishlist, but the same drop down as the wishlist choice when I'm in the bookstore?

New User
RSista
0 Kudos

BN should allow a Pen Name to be changed.

It's hardly a Social Security Number--what's the big deal?

People ought to be able to change MyB&N at any time they choose.

(Also the "Insert Emotion" doesn't work!)

>: (

Inspired Contributor
Beguile_Thy_Sorrow
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm not sure I'm in the right place but I have a question regarding:

Problems getting to BN.com book club tab

I haven't been able to get to the B&N Book Clubs through the drop-down menu. At first I thought it was just my computer but got a new one in Dec and also tried it at work computer and still can't get to it.

Basically, when I want to go to the "Book Clubs" tab under the "B&N Exclusives" tab, I can't. I click on the "Books" tab heading and the drop-down menu appears but when I move my mouse to then go to click on "Book Clubs" like I use to, I can't because it disappears immediately. In order to get to the Romance Blog or Book Clubs I now have to google for the page or get there indirectly from FB, which I do but is a hassle:robotsad:

Please let me know if I am in fact doing something wrong or if there's a way to correct it?

Thanks for your help!:robothappy:

"Come, and take choice of all my library,
And so beguile thy sorrow."
~Titus Andronicus, Act IV, Scene 1: Shakespeare
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

The quick disappearing link to these bookclubs is a problem, I think, but I managed to grab it this morning and made it here via that link in the drop down menu.

Have you considered using subscriptions so you get an email when new messages are posted in discussions you follow here?  I've found that helpful, and I also keep a bookmark to the main bookclubs site on my toolbar.

Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

jrobe10689 wrote:

I see lots of advertisment for the Kindle.   I would like to see a nice t-shirt advertising that I am a Nook addict.    I love my Nook and I know a nice t-shirt with a cute saying about the Nook would be a good stocking stuffer.

I agree!  I'd love a NOOKcolor t-shirt or ball cap!  Great idea jrobe!!!

I'd also like to see some new avatars :smileyhappy:

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

RSista wrote:

BN should allow a Pen Name to be changed.

It's hardly a Social Security Number--what's the big deal?

People ought to be able to change MyB&N at any time they choose.

(Also the "Insert Emotion" doesn't work!)

>: (

I agree- we should be able to change out pen names if we want to.

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Correspondent
wyntermoon
0 Kudos

My question deals with laurels....when someone gives me a laurel, where can I go to see what post it was??  For now, I go through every single post, but my posts are growing in number and I really don't want to sit there and go through each one!! Is there a simpler way??

Thanks,

Wynter

Melissa_W

@wyntermoon

In the right hand sidebar, scroll down until you see a section titled "Top Laureled Authors", click on "View All".  The next page will allow you to sort by post or by author for the last day, week, month, etc.

Melissa W.
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

How do people find out about books at BN

I am selling more books at BN than Amazon inspite of all the discussions at Kindle boards. How do people find out about books at BN! BTW, I am not advertising at either of the two place.  Thanks and wish everyone the very best.

Art of Stress-free Living