Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

Re: My B&N: General Feedback

optic_i wrote:

Hi Thirsty Flea, Thanks for your reply, yours was the first that sounded like the problem I was having. I will take your  advice ,  I have back up on all my books also  just in case. I just use my nook library now, so I can still see my books there. I think my B&N got a glitch that froze the see all your books when it was just starting to re- boot and never completed the cycle. Thats why I have old archived books at the top 5 books. but I did notice the same thing that you did, when new books were not being added. Thanks again , If I notice a thread that can fix it I will let you know.  :smileyhappy:   Optic

Hi Optic- I'm not sure if you've found resolutions to any of the problems, but I was just recently told that I'm using the wrong browser- I've been using Chrome, but B&N.com has many aspects that don't work with that. It works best with Explorer or Firefox, I was told. So now when I want to do something with My B&N, I have to use Explorer, which is annoying. 

I've also noticed in the past week that I can't add to my Nook wish list from any browser (but I can certainly still purchase the books- B&N would never jeopordize that!). It is what it is, I guess. Will just make due with the crappy aspects of the website and lack of support! 

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Inspired Wordsmith
A_Wilson
0 Kudos

Re: My B&N: General Feedback

ThirstyFlea wrote:

optic_I wrote:

I've also noticed in the past week that I can't add to my Nook wish list from any browser (but I can certainly still purchase the books- B&N would never jeopordize that!). It is what it is, I guess. Will just make due with the crappy aspects of the website and lack of support! 

Hi ThirstyFlea!  I haven't been able to add books to my wishlist since November. Have emailed support with no response, and email the NC mod to see if there is anything he/she can do to help.  Still no response.  I have "invented" a workaround to the wishlist if you are interested.  After I try to add and it asks me to "sign in" I have added a "new wishlist" and given it a new name.  This new list shows up in the list for the "add" tab. If you go to "my wish list" you won't see the newly named wishlist, but the books will be add to the "main wishlist" (not the ebook wishlist).  Other have managed to add books by going to the wishlist, then selecting "add more", but this is too much work for me when I want to add things on the fly.  I wish they didn't make us go through this, but apparently they don't care that my wishlist is slowly shrinking and I can't add more (without trial and error).  I think it's right up there with the response from customer service that everyone "edits" their reviews, which isn't even an option.  It is making me go to Amazon to actually see what is truly being said about books, and I am a B&N supporter, just not drinking as much of the Koolaide these days..

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." - Mother Theresa

“Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.” Ian McKlaren