Reader 4
Professional_Tourist
0 Kudos

Need help deleting review

Last Monday 8/12 I submitted my first product review. It was not accepted, message displayed: "Your Review is no longer visible by others because it contains inappropriate language which violates our Terms of Use. If you update your content, it will be reconsidered by our moderators within three business days. This message will be removed when your content is approved."

This has happened to many people, and as we know, we are not given the means to edit or delete the submitted review, and cannot submit a revised review since there is already one 'on file' from us for the product.

I've read suggestions in other discussions on this forum, to send a private message to an admin for assistance. I've sent three messages to the admin BN_AlexG since last Monday, but have heard nothing back. [One message has been read, two have not been read.] I'd like my review submitted 8/12 to be deleted so I can submit a revised version. Is there anyone else who can assist?

Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58
0 Kudos

Re: Need help deleting review

[ Edited ]

Hmm.  Perhaps you could try one of the other moderators??  I believe that Alex is usually responsive to these sorts of requests. 

It almost certainly has to do with a prohibited word in the text of your review, and a moderator should be able to tell you which word, and to unlock the review so that you can edit it. 

Try Melissa.

Reader 4
Professional_Tourist
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply. Although I didn't mention it above, I had also tried messaging a moderator (paulgoatallen). Since the message was read but not replied, I figured a moderator could not assist and that an admin would be needed. I have messaged moderator Melissa_W this morning. Thank you for the suggestion. I'll post back to advise whether I hear back, and if so, whether she was able to assist. Cheers.

Reader 4
Professional_Tourist
0 Kudos

I heard back from Melissa. She advised that the moderators cannot assist with product review issues, that only an admin (Alex) can help, but that he has a lot on his plate right now. So, since I already sent three messages to Alex I'll just wait a while longer.

Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58
0 Kudos

Professional_Tourist wrote:

I heard back from Melissa. She advised that the moderators cannot assist with product review issues, that only an admin (Alex) can help, but that he has a lot on his plate right now. So, since I already sent three messages to Alex I'll just wait a while longer.

I had the same problem more than a year ago.  It took several weeks, but BNAlex_G eventually sent me a PM telling me which word in my review was considered offensive (price), and I was allowed to edit the review to remove the offensive word.  After that, it posted fine.  The incomprehensible part of this whole process is that the review becomes locked and must be unlocked by the Administrator before it can be edited or replaced.  In addition, there seems to be only a single administrator for the entire B&N Web site system, ensuring that anything that does get accomplished, gets accomplished very slowly.  :smileyfrustrated: