Frequent Contributor
Sensorymoments
0 Kudos

Newest Format

I wanted to say that I like the improvement to the homepage of the book clubs, it makes things feel alot less overwhelming!.....kudos to the book clubs :smileyhappy: you guys could use the support, even from someone who voices her opinion:smileywink:
Owy

*Taking everyday, one book at a time*
Frequent Contributor
Sensorymoments
0 Kudos

Re: Newest Format

I just ran through the boards, and couldn't find any boards listed under Recent discussions. I normally go there for the thirteenth tale and fast food nation discussions, but there is nothing there at all, the home page says there should be 7 boards, I didn't know if anyone was aware of the problem, so i thought i'd let you know and if anyone else was having the problem1?
Owy

*Taking everyday, one book at a time*
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Sensorymoments wrote:
I just ran through the boards, and couldn't find any boards listed under Recent discussions. I normally go there for the thirteenth tale and fast food nation discussions, but there is nothing there at all, the home page says there should be 7 boards, I didn't know if anyone was aware of the problem, so i thought i'd let you know and if anyone else was having the problem1?

I am finding the same thing.

Maybe they take them away after a month on the Recent list? After that, they're no longer recent, but ancient.

Then maybe in five years they'll bring them back as Classic Discussions. :smileywink:
0 Kudos

Recent Discussions is listed directly above Help & Information.

Sensorymoments wrote:

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Yes it is a lot tidier. Still think some colour coding would be useful though:smileyhappy:

Sensorymoments wrote:
I wanted to say that I like the improvement to the homepage of the book clubs, it makes things feel alot less overwhelming!.....kudos to the book clubs :smileyhappy: you guys could use the support, even from someone who voices her opinion:smileywink:

Scribe
Kevin
0 Kudos

Sensorymoments wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, Owy. This is fixed now.
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi,
I like that the area above the green line has this light color now. It's logical and makes more sense to separate the floated topics like this.

ziki

PS
Actually I see now here that the first post on the topic is colored (threaded mode). That is good, too....but after I edited it was my own post that had the color ..so maybe it is the latest post read...not sure...

Maybe the first topic post could get some light shade (all within the coloscheme of BN; there are a few pastels to choose from)
------

extra:
I suggest also that you check out Moby Dick in threaded and see how certain parts look there right now and see what could help that state of affairs.

Message Edited by ziki on 01-23-200712:04 AM

Scribe
Laurel
0 Kudos

The new golden vanilla color is so easy on the eyes! It makes me wnat to go fix a big bowl of butterscotch putting, though. Perhaps I should check out that South Beach Diet book!
"Truth must of necessity be stranger than fiction, for fiction is the creation of the human mind, and therefore is congenial to it." ~~G.K. Chesterton
Scribe
Kevin
0 Kudos

ziki wrote:
Hi,
I like that the area above the green line has this light color now. It's logical and makes more sense to separate the floated topics like this.

ziki

PS
Actually I see now here that the first post on the topic is colored (threaded mode). That is good, too....but after I edited it was my own post that had the color ..so maybe it is the latest post read...not sure...

Maybe the first topic post could get some light shade (all within the coloscheme of BN; there are a few pastels to choose from)

Thanks, ziki, and others who have commented here.

The "golden vanilla" color (thanks, Laurel!) does a couple of things:

1) Distinguishes the "floated" threads at the top of the boards.
2) Identifies the first "new" message in a thread. Remember that "new" means that you haven't seen it before. So if it's a new thread, the first item will be shaded, but if it's a thread you've visited before the shaded message will be the first one you haven't seen.