Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Debbc16
0 Kudos

Nook Book Wishlist Problems

Is anyone else out there experiencing problems with their Nook book wishlist?  I've been having problems for months!  First it started out with not being able to add anything to my wish list.  A few days ago I was finally able to add books but the books I've been adding are not showing up on my list even though it says it was added.  Then today, I went to add something yet again and now I'm getting a "creation error."  When I called customer support, they told me the only way around this is to delete my wish list and recreate it.

I'm sorry.  What was that?  You have to delete it and recreate it.  Do you have any idea how many books I have on that list . . . approximately 150!  Exactly how am I supposed to recreate that?

So I tried to create a new wishlist and started to add new paperbacks, not ebooks because you can only have one ebook list at a time.  So I created this new list and added about 5 books.  When I went to view the list, nothing was on there that I just added.

Can anyone please tell me what is going on here?  Why are you guys having so many issues with your website.  Is it because you now have so many ereaders that your network can't handle the volume?  Any idea on when this issue will be fixed or even if it can be fixed.  I'm a very frustrated B&N member and I'm not happy!  Is anyone else as upset as I am.  I hope I'm not alone here!

Debbie

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Book Wishlist Problems

There are numerous posts already here discussing this.  The wishlist has had problems for several months now.  If you're interested in the various discussions, search wishlist, you'll see what other people are saying.  You're unlikely to get a response from B&N here, this is primarily a user to user forum.

Debbc16 wrote:

Is anyone else out there experiencing problems with their Nook book wishlist?  I've been having problems for months!  First it started out with not being able to add anything to my wish list.  A few days ago I was finally able to add books but the books I've been adding are not showing up on my list even though it says it was added.  Then today, I went to add something yet again and now I'm getting a "creation error."  When I called customer support, they told me the only way around this is to delete my wish list and recreate it.

I'm sorry.  What was that?  You have to delete it and recreate it.  Do you have any idea how many books I have on that list . . . approximately 150!  Exactly how am I supposed to recreate that?

So I tried to create a new wishlist and started to add new paperbacks, not ebooks because you can only have one ebook list at a time.  So I created this new list and added about 5 books.  When I went to view the list, nothing was on there that I just added.

Can anyone please tell me what is going on here?  Why are you guys having so many issues with your website.  Is it because you now have so many ereaders that your network can't handle the volume?  Any idea on when this issue will be fixed or even if it can be fixed.  I'm a very frustrated B&N member and I'm not happy!  Is anyone else as upset as I am.  I hope I'm not alone here!

Debbie

Contributor
highlandrose
0 Kudos

Yes, the other problem has been discussed for months.  This is a new problem.  You click to add a book to your nook book wish list, and your list is gone.  Just gone. 

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

highlandrose wrote:

Yes, the other problem has been discussed for months.  This is a new problem.  You click to add a book to your nook book wish list, and your list is gone.  Just gone. 

It's probably the result of an attempt to fix the other problem.

Contributor
NancyW12
0 Kudos

Mine quit working yesterday as well. It worked fine, then I went to add a book to my Nook WL and got the error message in red "This creation has reached its limit" and it won't open up to let me view it at all. I tried emailing my WL to a friend (me) and seeing if I could open it that way. Nope.

Inspired Contributor
KikiL
0 Kudos

I've had problems with the wish list when I'm on the B&N web site on my computer, but until today have been able to view my wish list on my nook, and even add to it, although I am not sure if I did that in the last couple of days.  I haven't been able to add to the wish list online for several weeks.  Today I got the creation error on my computer again, and "unable to complete the operation" on my nook, along with a note to call customer service.  Right!  They've been soooooo helpful in the past!  If B&N would just fix the wish list so that we could see it and delete some books to be within whatever limit they set, I think they could satisfy most of us.  I know my wish list was getting out of hand (130 or so titles) and I actually intended to clean it out (old titles that were no longer of interest or that I'd read via a library download) when I encountered the creation error.  But I'm not holding my breath!

Contributor
Debbc16

I'm so angry over this whole wish list thing.  Why can't they just fix the problem already?  I had about 150 books on my wish list and for them to tell me to delete it and create another one is just totally unacceptable.  How, excactly, am I supposed to do that.  I remember reading on their website that the wish list is able to hold up to 500 items!  Plus the fact that no one has come forward to mention anything about this problem and what they are doing to fix it makes it even more frustrating.  I'm tired of hearing, "we're sorry for the inconvenience" or "we're working to resolve the problem."  I used to be such a B&N advocate, now I'm rethinking that!  The lesson I've learned from this is to print my wish list . . . OFTEN (if they ever get it restored!)!

I think they were in such a hurry to get all these e-readers on the market, that the volume has crashed their network!  I'm starting to think I should have bought a Kindle!

Bibliophile
bklvr896

Debbc16 wrote:

I'm so angry over this whole wish list thing.  Why can't they just fix the problem already?  I had about 150 books on my wish list and for them to tell me to delete it and create another one is just totally unacceptable.  How, excactly, am I supposed to do that.  I remember reading on their website that the wish list is able to hold up to 500 items!  Plus the fact that no one has come forward to mention anything about this problem and what they are doing to fix it makes it even more frustrating.  I'm tired of hearing, "we're sorry for the inconvenience" or "we're working to resolve the problem."  I used to be such a B&N advocate, now I'm rethinking that!  The lesson I've learned from this is to print my wish list . . . OFTEN (if they ever get it restored!)!

I think they were in such a hurry to get all these e-readers on the market, that the volume has crashed their network!  I'm starting to think I should have bought a Kindle!

You don't need to recreate it, just wait, it's not lost you just can't get to it.  They've said they working on it.  They'll figure out what the issue is, hopefully test it, and then it will be fixed.  Yes, it's annoying, yes I wish they'd get it fixed, but am I angry about it?  Not really, it's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.  Think of the money you're saving right now, since you can't buy anything off your wishlist.:smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
Debbc16
0 Kudos

Thanks for that.  You're right.  In the grand scheme of things, it's no big deal.  I'm just frustrated because my wish list is over 2 years in the making!  I didn't delete it either, like they told me too.  I'm waiting for them to fix it, which I'm sure they will.  Then I just need to remember to print it every now and then!

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

This message has been moved for Violation of Community Guidelines.

New User
hazel54
0 Kudos

Also, if you are adding books from the website, be sure you are adding them to the nook wish list not the website wish list. The link is kind of hard to spot.