Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Ordering problems

Yes I know I should go to accounts help with this but they're slammmed with nook issues. I tried beyond 20 min wait on the phone is too much for me.

Ok so my last order. My CC # had changed, same account just a newly dated card and new number to go with it. Here's the problem. I could no change the saved number nor could I even add a new card. Flat out would not let me. Used to be able to do that. I ended up paying with paypal. I don't want to always have to do this.

Anybody got any ideas?

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Re: Ordering problems

Hi Tiggerbear,

I'm going to pass your message along to someone here in the office who can look into this.  We'll be in touch through PM's or email.

Jon

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Thank you. I appreciate that.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

It took a few phone calls. And they seem to be backtracking what ever glitch caused it. It's fixed now though, thanks again.

New User
IamLadyA
0 Kudos

Yes, well, I am having the same problem and I am about ready to sell my Nook and buy a Kindle. I've had my Nook for about a year. This problem is totally rediculous given the size of B and N as a corporation.

I had to update my account w/ a new CC# as the date had expired on my old one. I actually had my Pay Pal debit card listed on a purchase I made for a pre order. Well, I depleted the funds in my Pay Pal account over Christmas, thus the card was declined. So, I called and updated my old default CC with my new one. All was a go, or so I was told. I was told that it would be only an hour. Well, that was 29 hours ago. I am not sure what the hold up is, but I have been waiting for B and N to process my order and shoot my book to me on my Nook.It seems to me that B and N was all too happy to sell the hundreds of thousands of new Color Nooks but did not prepare themselves for the users that might actually USE the things! Thus the servers are crammed and sales are not moving. I have told several friends who were on the fence between Kindle and Nook of my experience in the past two days. I am happy to say, B and N has lost more than a few sales of Nook's because of this, not to mention residuals in books that these people would have purchased. I'll keep spreading the word and call the local TV stations so they can do a product review as well if this is not taken care of asap. This is rediculous B and N!!!

New User
RexRather
0 Kudos

I have been buying and selling books online for 10 years. I have bought from and dealt with many major venues, including eBay, Amazon, abebooks, Book Depository, and also from smaller sites.

Barnes & Noble has the worst customer service I have encountered. Barnes & Noble do not respond to emails, they cancel orders without reason, they provide an international customer service number which keeps you on hold or gives you the run around.

Customer service and communication is the key to keeping customers in an online environment. Barnes & Noble fail on both counts. I'll be shopping elsewhere.

Contributor
Cycosfireball
0 Kudos

I have this problem, STILL unresolved after numerous emails back and forth with Customer support, that were btw, grammatically so horrible, it took me forever just to decipher them. Had my checking account CC listed, no problems ever, purchsing aps or books, then B&N added the read now option and boom, I can no longer buy books, even free ones. They told me to update my CC. I re added the same card ( no issues using it anywhere else) and yet they tell me, they can not verify my bank card. No more emails at all from support, trying to resolve this issue, I guess they don't need customers. I wish I had bought another Kindle and not the Nook tablet.